Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:55:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX Support MIA - Are they stealing customer funds?  (Read 4128 times)
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 03:35:05 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 04:51:14 PM by quone17

I received a response to a ticket that someone (whoever was writing) would personally take care of my issue yesterday (on a SUnday, which is odd).  Instead I got another ersponse to 1 of my tickets (I had submitted 2)  asking whether I had checked with my local post office and see if they were holding anything for me.  (I was trying to get a USPS withdrawal).  My response to them was:  1.  my money is still in my CampBX account so I assume you haven't sent me the withdrawal, and 2. it says they send the withdrawal with certified mail, so can't THEY tell if they've sent it and it's been received or not?  

This is unbelievable!  I'm getting really pissed now, it's been over a month!

QUESTION: for anyone that's done a USPS withdrawal- when is the money taken out of your CampBX account?  I assume it's when they put the check in the mail, otherwise I could cancel it and try trading with the funds on CampBX.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 01:13:56 AM

Gentlemen,

1) Regarding missing BTC deposits:
We did a wallet wipe of old addresses (expired deposit addresses) on Nov 19th to improve trading engine performance amidst heavy trading activity.
Any deposits that were not confirmed by midnight EST may not have been credited due to the address being invalidated.  Our sys admin is working on these tickets and recovering deposits.

2) Regarding paper deposits and electronic withdrawals:
We process a massive number of paper and electronic deposits / withdrawals.  At this scale we have discovered many issues where banks, post office, and our own admins can make human errors.  Overall error rate is less than 0.01%, but unfortunately errors take longer to resolve as we need to document and trace the issue with our partners, banks, or USPS.  Electronic errors are resolved in 15 business days and paper errors are resolved in approximately 3 weeks.
It takes a long time but we always resolve issues to customer's satisfaction.

Also wanted to add that CampBX does not do ANY ARBITRAGE with customer funds, or trade directly with any customers.  We are purely a platform to match buyers and sellers as documented in the FAQ and policy documents on our website.

Thank you,
       Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:53:31 AM

We did a wallet wipe of old addresses (expired deposit addresses) on Nov 19th to improve trading engine performance amidst heavy trading activity.
Any deposits that were not confirmed by midnight EST may not have been credited due to the address being invalidated.  Our sys admin is working on these tickets and recovering deposits.
Good to know. I believe I'm one of those people that got my BTC lost because of this issue (I sent on the 18th-19th). I was told 1-2 weeks for recovery, but we're on week three now and I haven't heard anything. Should I be worried? It's been nearly 30 days since I sent the BTC. Was hoping this could be resolved a bit sooner...   Sad

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
btcsolution

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:01:41 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 02:18:54 AM by btcsolution

We process a massive number of paper and electronic deposits / withdrawals.  At this scale we have discovered many issues where banks, post office, and our own admins can make human errors.  Overall error rate is less than 0.01%, but unfortunately errors take longer to resolve as we need to document and trace the issue with our partners, banks, or USPS.  Electronic errors are resolved in 15 business days and paper errors are resolved in approximately 3 weeks.

Regarding my money orders (MoneyGram #69218203770  and #69218203780) that were cashed SIX WEEKS ago, the money order photocopies show no alterations, my personal info is as clear as possible, and they were deposited at your bank (confirmed with that bank on the phone that you have an account there), so you are the ONLY POSSIBLE COMPANY who could have deposited them. I absolutely DO NOT BELIEVE YOU when you say that there is no record of these money orders in both your records AND the bank's records. If it were just your records, that could be traced back to a mistake on your part, but to claim that the obviously deposited money orders never made it into your bank is a flat-out lie, just like the one I quoted (from another post) earlier in this thread where you claimed to do an ACH deposit for a customer that failed, when in reality (as verified by the bank) no such attempt was made.

Furthermore, I haven't received a reply to my open ticket since 12/1/13 (and the ticket was opened on 10/30/13), and that reply, just like the one above, was a useless boilerplate response. This has proven to be an ongoing pattern for you and I see nothing changing, both for myself and for many other of your customers. As is evident on your Facebook page and on this site as well, there are MANY other people REGULARLY having issues with you, so don't flatter yourself by trying to claim that less than 0.01% of your customers have issues.

As you know, I have already begun a police investigation into the matter, as you have done nothing but respond to my ticket with stall tactics and useless responses. If you wish for me to continue and to expose you with documented evidence for the fraud that you are proving yourself to be, I suggest that you continue doing what you are doing. If not, then I suggest that you IMMEDIATELY prioritize getting my issue resolved.
quone17

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 04:04:44 AM

Wow. Keyer I can't believe you have finally response after literally WEEKS of not putting out some sort of message about what's going on. There is NO WAY there is only a .01 percent error rate. Why wouldn't you tell me this information while I'm waiting for a paper withdrawal?  The money is still in my account so why are you claiming the error lies with someone else?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
btcsolution

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:17:20 AM

Wow. Keyer I can't believe you have finally response after literally WEEKS of not putting out some sort of message about what's going on. There is NO WAY there is only a .01 percent error rate. Why wouldn't you tell me this information while I'm waiting for a paper withdrawal?  The money is still in my account so why are you claiming the error lies with someone else?

It only took me about 20+ posts on their FB page (where I repeatedly posted a link to this thread) to get him to reply. O_o
not.you (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:27:02 PM

Gentlemen,

Any deposits that were not confirmed by midnight EST may not have been credited due to the address being invalidated.  Our sys admin is working on these tickets and recovering deposits.

Since you are at least now admitting this was entirely your fault maybe you can cover the difference in value from the $1000+ prices and what I can actually get by selling them now?  Thanks for holding my BTC hostage, I'll be such a loyal customer from now on.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:48:07 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 02:38:00 PM by The00Dustin

Gentlemen,

Any deposits that were not confirmed by midnight EST may not have been credited due to the address being invalidated.  Our sys admin is working on these tickets and recovering deposits.

Since you are at least now admitting this was entirely your fault maybe you can cover the difference in value from the $1000+ prices and what I can actually get by selling them now?  Thanks for holding my BTC hostage, I'll be such a loyal customer from now on.
There isn't really an admission of guilt there.  They are still claiming the addresses were expired, and there was plenty of warning that addresses would expire and be invalid before that.  Pending deposits could have been taken into consideration, and one could certainly argue that they should have, but the massive backlog in transactions on the blockchain that particular day was far outside of CampBX control.  That having been said, if you want to blame miners and mining pools for not processing your free transaction ahead of other transactions with fees, well, good luck with that.  In other news, no, my BTC still have not been credited to my account, and yes, I will still update this thread when they are.
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:22:51 PM

I have no idea why he would not be posting more regular updates about what is going on.  Instead he leaves many customers with unresolved issues with no REAL excuse for why so many issues are appearing. 

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:05:32 PM

Has anyone gotten there BTC back from "expired" deposits?  Going on 5 weeks here. 
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:40:58 PM

Gentlemen,

We process a massive number of paper and electronic deposits / withdrawals.  At this scale we have discovered many issues where banks, post office, and our own admins can make human errors.  Overall error rate is less than 0.01%, but unfortunately errors take longer to resolve as we need to document and trace the issue with our partners, banks, or USPS.  Electronic errors are resolved in 15 business days and paper errors are resolved in approximately 3 weeks.

Also wanted to add that CampBX does not do ANY ARBITRAGE with customer funds, or trade directly with any customers.  We are purely a platform to match buyers and sellers as documented in the FAQ and policy documents on our website.

Thank you,
       Keyur

Bullshit. I checked with my bank 3 different times, at about 7 days, 10 business days, and 17 business days. You never even tried to deposit the money. That can't be just a number and paperwork error, because I quadruple checked my account number, and I've done this before with other banks and exchanges. Then my money showed up in my CampBX account, and there was no explanation from the 2 separate tickets that I submitted (one of which you never answered).

There is only one explanation for that.

You make money when people sell high, and try to get their money out, and cannot. Then they have to buy low, and transfer their BTC out.

You delay the process as long as possible, and when 1 BTC was ~$1000, multiply that by several thousand BTC, you have $$$ to play with for a month, interest free.

You can then play around with the other exchanges, and make money on the price differences of not just BTC, but other cryptocoins as well. It's so easy a caveman could do it. But, you need a significant amount of money, which you get interest free from your own customers.

You do not follow your own policies.

Is it really that hard to follow your own policies and actually do what you say you are going to do? That's how honest businesses develop a solid reputation and make money.

CampBX cannot follow it's own written advertised policies. They should be avoided like the plague.
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:57:40 AM

I totally agree. They absolutely dont follow their policies but then they'll complain im sure if you don't follow theirs. Why put up false policies on their site?  And don't expect a major response about the phishing attack because then they'll have to admit they messed up and someone got our email addresses.  Something is seriously wrong now with campbx.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:07:28 AM

Has anyone gotten there BTC back from "expired" deposits?  Going on 5 weeks here.  
Not yet. Thinking about taking my business someplace else. My guess is they messed something up big time and they can't fix it. I'm just waiting for them say "Sorry, we couldn't recover you coins. Your fault, too bad, etc"

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:03:54 AM

amidst heavy trading activity.

Ack! You should really come up with another excuse. Your trading volume is nearly non-existent.

Buy & Hold
crustyoldguy

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:06:53 PM

Has anyone gotten there BTC back from "expired" deposits?  Going on 5 weeks here. 
I am waiting on the on the same thing two weeks and no response to my support ticket
italeffect

Activity: 255

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:22:21 PM

So sketchy. If you haven't stopped using Camp BX yet, you clearly should.

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8
superfastkyle

Activity: 437

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:14:22 AM

I stopped using them when they stopped doing ACH withdrawals every business day. Made two withdrawals 3 business days apart and got them on the same day. They refused to tell me the truth and still say they do ach withdrawals every day
quone17

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 02:53:43 PM

Yes I had the same problem.  They say they do money orders Tuesday and Friday at 2 PM.  Why would they say that when they haven't done money orders in weeks?  Where is all their cash that they can't do ANY money orders?

not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:33:03 PM

I am giving these idiots one more week before I call this a scam.  I realize it is the holidays but they have basically just stopped responding to everyone with missing bitcoins due to their "wallet wipe" issue.  Their facebook page is mostly people asking for issues to be resolved that haven't been dealt with in more than a month (just like mine).  It has the look of a scam unraveling to me.  I know they used to be legit but their trade volume is next to nothing and the only visibility they have is what looks to be delay tactics (telling people they will fix their issue soon and then ignoring them forever after).  I haven't seen anyone claim to have an issue resolved by them in at least a month.
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:09:49 PM

I replied to my ticket from a month ago, and they were apologetic and basically saying that they are working on a huge backlog of people with the same issues. Their sysadmin is supposedly working hard trying to fix everything.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: