Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:57:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX Support MIA - Are they stealing customer funds?  (Read 4128 times)
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:39:46 PM

I know they used to be legit but their trade volume is next to nothing and the only visibility they have is what looks to be delay tactics (telling people they will fix their issue soon and then ignoring them forever after).  I haven't seen anyone claim to have an issue resolved by them in at least a month.
It is unfortunate, but not surprising that their trade volume is dropping given all of the complaints on this form and facebook, but I must say two things...

1)  Some searching will show that other similar issues took several months to resolve a year ago, so this isn't really any different.  That doesn't make it more acceptable or less troubling, but detracts from the claim that it is different now, and makes that less of a legitimate "this is a scam" argument (whether it does turn out to be a scam or not).

2)  I received responses to both my original ticket that I re-opened and a separate ticket that I may have mentioned in this thread on 12/26.  It still all basically boils down to "sorry for the delay, high volume, we are working on it."  But one ticket said the lost coin issue would be resolved for me within 5 business days (although we don't know what days are business days to them around the holidays) and the other said I would be notified when the issue was resolved (but may have been referring to a code issue and not the ongoing lost coin issue).  Neither ticket has been closed (or reclosed) at this point, so I'm hopeful that I'll be posting about a resolution very soon.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:50:36 PM

I am giving these idiots one more week before I call this a scam.  I realize it is the holidays but they have basically just stopped responding to everyone with missing bitcoins due to their "wallet wipe" issue.  Their facebook page is mostly people asking for issues to be resolved that haven't been dealt with in more than a month (just like mine).  It has the look of a scam unraveling to me.  I know they used to be legit but their trade volume is next to nothing and the only visibility they have is what looks to be delay tactics (telling people they will fix their issue soon and then ignoring them forever after).  I haven't seen anyone claim to have an issue resolved by them in at least a month.

I agree.  Has anyone had any issues resolved?  They don't even have a SOLID excuse.  It's all BS and saying backlogs.  THey even gave me a date they would have my problem fixed by, and there was no resolution for another week before I gave up and pulled my coins out.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:27:14 PM

They finally responded to me by e-mail yesterday, saying my money was refunded.

Well, I had checked my account 2 weeks ago, and noticed that, and promptly transferred my BTC out of there. Suffered a minor loss and learned my lesson.

Lessons about CampBX:

1) Their support people do not check with the money transfer people.
2) Their money transfer people do not know how to enter basic numbers into a computer.
3) Their transferring system cannot understand common routing numbers and bank numbers, which any idiot can look up online.
4) They are completely clueless about timely customer support.

Conclusion: Do not use CampBX or it will take you a month and a half to NOT resolve issues to your satisfaction. I first tried to transfer on 11/18, it is now 12/30.

CampBX is pathetic.

btcsolution

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:41:15 PM

2) Regarding paper deposits and electronic withdrawals:
We process a massive number of paper and electronic deposits / withdrawals.  At this scale we have discovered many issues where banks, post office, and our own admins can make human errors.  Overall error rate is less than 0.01%, but unfortunately errors take longer to resolve as we need to document and trace the issue with our partners, banks, or USPS.  Electronic errors are resolved in 15 business days and paper errors are resolved in approximately 3 weeks.
It takes a long time but we always resolve issues to customer's satisfaction.

Regarding my money orders (MoneyGram #69218203770  and #69218203780) that were cashed SIX WEEKS ago, the money order photocopies show no alterations, my personal info is as clear as possible, and they were deposited at your bank (confirmed with that bank on the phone that you have an account there), so you are the ONLY POSSIBLE COMPANY who could have deposited them. I absolutely DO NOT BELIEVE YOU when you say that there is no record of these money orders in both your records AND the bank's records. If it were just your records, that could be traced back to a mistake on your part, but to claim that the obviously deposited money orders never made it into your bank is a flat-out lie, just like the one I quoted (from another post) earlier in this thread where you claimed to do an ACH deposit for a customer that failed, when in reality (as verified by the bank) no such attempt was made.

Furthermore, I haven't received a reply to my open ticket since 12/1/13 (and the ticket was opened on 10/30/13), and that reply, just like the one above, was a useless boilerplate response. This has proven to be an ongoing pattern for you and I see nothing changing, both for myself and for many other of your customers. As is evident on your Facebook page and on this site as well, there are MANY other people REGULARLY having issues with you, so don't flatter yourself by trying to claim that less than 0.01% of your customers have issues.

As you know, I have already begun a police investigation into the matter, as you have done nothing but respond to my ticket with stall tactics and useless responses. If you wish for me to continue and to expose you with documented evidence for the fraud that you are proving yourself to be, I suggest that you continue doing what you are doing. If not, then I suggest that you IMMEDIATELY prioritize getting my issue resolved.

Update: CampBX finally credited my $1,000 about 2 months after the money order was deposited. While I'm definitely glad to finally see my money, I had planned to purchase ~5 BTC at the time the money should have been credited and wound up getting ~1.5 BTC instead ಠ_ಠ. Better than nothing, but still not cool.
aminkorea

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:33:24 AM

Wow.  I just came across this thread and am pretty surprised by all the complaints. Not that they are not justified, it's just that my experience with CampBX has - til now at least - been positive.  I have sent coins to and from CampBX twice and never had a problem getting the coins in my account.  I haven't tried to wire any money, so I hope if/when the day comes to do so I will be as fortunate as I have been transferring coins. 

Good luck to all of you who has had issues to deal with. I hope you get them all resolved.

Cheers
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:55:35 PM

Wow.  I just came across this thread and am pretty surprised by all the complaints. Not that they are not justified, it's just that my experience with CampBX has - til now at least - been positive.  I have sent coins to and from CampBX twice and never had a problem getting the coins in my account.  I haven't tried to wire any money, so I hope if/when the day comes to do so I will be as fortunate as I have been transferring coins. 

Good luck to all of you who has had issues to deal with. I hope you get them all resolved.

Cheers

ALthough I have heard of others having problems with BTC transfers, I have not had problems on that front.  But with getting fiat money out of there, FORGET IT.  My bet is they are doing it on purpose to make the most fiat money as possible.  They are a joke in my book for that reason alone.  I'm sure all the BTC transfers etc. are automated so that's why I had no problem with that.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
The00Dustin

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:45:56 AM

Cheers

ALthough I have heard of others having problems with BTC transfers, I have not had problems on that front.  But with getting fiat money out of there, FORGET IT.  My bet is they are doing it on purpose to make the most fiat money as possible.  They are a joke in my book for that reason alone.  I'm sure all the BTC transfers etc. are automated so that's why I had no problem with that.
I have never had a fiat withdrawal problem.  I have made five or six fiat withdrawals.  Two of those were after my BTC got tied up (yes, that means I deposited and sold more BTC after the stuck BTC, it's not too difficult to understand what happened with the stuck BTC, and while it is irritating to have to wait so long to get the BTC back [hopefully, still waiting on that front], they have proven trustworthy if slow in the past, and I would rather stick with a US-based exchange that claims to be attempting to meet regulatory conditions than try to trust any other exchange that appears to have equally dismal support for issues that can occur and/or risk "off-shore" trades complicating tax/legal matters).
not.you (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:16:31 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 01:40:29 PM by not.you

Just came back here to check the date on this, it's been so long I lost track.  Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since these idiots took my BTC deposit.  In that time I had one ticket which they waited more than a week to respond to and said "ETA 1-2 weeks" and closed (I think it has been something like 5 or 6 weeks since that happened), and another ticket to which they said some version of "wait some more" (several weeks since that happened).  Still waiting.  

Where's my BTC Keyur?  What's your excuse now?  Too much volume on your two-bit exchange?  Not likely...
ZipThru

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:32:53 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 11:41:26 PM by ZipThru

STAY AWAY FROM CampBX! I initiated a wire on 12-15-2013 for $16,000 USD and they never sent the wire but claimed they tried and it failed so I sent them proof that they did not even try to send it and they quit responding to my support tickets. They are selectively scamming people! Search a little more about them and you will see. Check their Facebook, nothing but complaints of people not getting their money.

---------EDIT----------UPDATE----------EDIT----------UPDATE----------EDIT----------UPDATE----------EDIT----------UPDATE----------EDIT----------UPDATE---------

AS OF TODAY 01/09/2014 THEY HAVE RETURNED THE MONEY TO MY CampBX ACCOUNT! I CAUGHT THEIR CHAT SUPPORT (VINNY K.) ONLINE AROUND MIDNIGHT EASTERN TIME AND HE CORRECTED THIS ISSUE WITHIN A FEW HOURS! NEEDLESS TO SAY INSTEAD OF RETRYING THE WIRE AGAIN I JUST PURCHASED BTC AND TRANSFERRED THEM OUT OF THERE. MY FINAL CONCLUSION IS THAT THEY ARE JUST VERY VERY INEXPERIENCED WITH RUNNING A COMPANY WITH THE VOLUME THAT THEY HAVE BEEN HIT WITH. GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU!!!!
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:28:27 AM

Yeah, this is getting a little frustrating... and I am a very patient guy. I think it's been some 50 days since they lost my BTC and are still working to recover them. In that time, I wanted to buy and sell and play the market to easily double my profits. They've had my funds tied up for nearly two months now, and I've missed out on thousands of potential dollars now. I'm guessing they fucked up something big, and lost a lot of Bitcoins. My guess is they won't be able to recover them either.

Has anyone received BTC that was lost back in November? I want to know if they have been slowly making progress in their backlog of issues.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 08:41:57 PM

Mufa, I gave up a few weeks ago from trying to get fiat money out of there.  I had submitted a request in November and they kept saying there was a backlog, they had staff shortages, they had the holidays.  Basically now it looks like a bunch of BS.  For the life of me though I can't figure out what they're doing.  Maybe you're right about losing a bunch of BTC and they're just trying to survive as long as possible.  It would seem weird that they would be scamming, especially being in the US where, frank,y they could be easily sued (I thought about brining a small claims suit in Georgia but it wasn't worth it for the amount I had a stake.)

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
smurf2094

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:40:59 PM

They absolutely stole customers MO and BTC and fled.

What can we do though?
not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:19:11 PM

Well checking the blockchain I see that campBS has moved the BTC I deposited from the deposit address to another address so any story that they can't "recover" it is dead.  But they still have not credited my account.  If I don't see it credited to my account very soon then I will have to conclude that they have stolen it.
The00Dustin

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:58:13 PM

I've been watching as well.  My BTC were moved as well.  They were moved to another address that had a lot of incoming funds, so presumably they are consolidating and then distributing.  On that note, my second deposit to the same address has been credited to my account, but the first (larger) deposit to that address has not been credited yet.  It would appear to me they are working through it, but I am going to be upset if the majority of my BTC are "lost" in the same grandiose style many saw from Nefario with GLBSE.
The00Dustin

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:05:20 PM

I was going to update my ticket about this, and they already had, stating that they credited the smaller amount and apologizing for the delay.  I have updated my ticket regarding the discrepancy, and hope I don't have to wait that long again to get my BTC back.  For those of you who weren't stupid enough to make a second (albeit tiny) deposit to "stuck" address in hopes of "unsticking" it, I expect you will see better results.
The00Dustin

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:12:14 PM

And my update to the ticket has already been responded to with the rest of the funds restored.  It's nice to go from surprised by disappointing support response times to surprised by pleasing lightning fast support response times.  I hope this means everyone that got caught in the November 19th snafu is seeing resolution.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:48:01 PM

I have been fully credited! Smiley

Last night I sent them a support ticket saying that they have costed me potential thousands of dollars because of them tying up my coins for nearly two months. I asked them to credit my account the appropriate Bitcoin, and that they can keep my old November deposit whenever they fix their own issue (i.e. I am paid right away; and they are fully credited whenever fix their own issue, on their own time). I guess my request was reasonable, so they started crediting everyone else as well Smiley (either that, or they just happen to have fixed the issue. I see lots of our November funds being moved around)

Thank you for making this right, CampBX. It sucks that it took so long for it to resolve, and my faith in you guys is shaken. But I sincerely appreciate you all doing the right thing! Something like that happens rarely over in our little corner of the internet. Smiley

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
not.you (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:11:52 PM

I would make a post as to whether I received my funds or not but if I did receive my funds then making a potentially positive post about a bad exchange would be a very time consuming process for me, ETA 1-2 weeks.  Potentially it could take more like 8 fucking weeks though so don't hold your breathe campBS.
crustyoldguy

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:31:27 PM

well i am still waiting  for my bitcoin its been a month sense they said 1-2 weeks 8 weeks total sofar im counting my bitcoins as stolen  by them
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 08:54:36 PM

well i am still waiting  for my bitcoin its been a month sense they said 1-2 weeks 8 weeks total sofar im counting my bitcoins as stolen  by them

They are in the US, in Georgia...and we have laws here.  If they don't pay soon, sue them in small claims court.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: