Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:50:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e money on hold  (Read 2149 times)
howtobuy (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:56:57 PM

Hi.
I opened account with BTC-e and transfered funds. Bought some bitcoins and wanted to withdraw. Got the message "Money hold. 43047 min left". WTF?Huh Why do I need to wait 30 days? Is this something new or they always were working like that?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:00:31 PM

I am not sure about 30 days, but I transfered in some BTC and bought LTC... They say I need to wait to be a user for 3 days to transfer out LTC...
MykelSilver

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:12:54 AM

I have the same issue. I made a ticket for this issue including attachments of my passport and prove of residence, but ticket is never answered. It closes automatically every time after 72 hours. still cannot withdraw any bitcoin..... Is there anything I can do than wait for more than 600 hours of the money hold? I can not find an email address or something to contact them... Anyone?
kingbtcvl

Activity: 202

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:47:50 AM

same issue here, but if we are lucky there is a workraound, looke here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=273445.msg3766765#msg3766765
MykelSilver

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:22:45 AM

Coincidentally, I just received to following response on my ticket:
"
Hello! Your credentials are accepted. After checking by our finance department, your account will be unhold automatically.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION.The time of verification of documents takes 5 days. During the time of a check, questions are not accepted, and ticket will be closed automatically. We hope for your understanding.
"
Maybe the ball starts rolling....
theecoinomist

Activity: 200

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:08:49 PM

If you deposit through wire you get a 30 day hold, can be lifted with ID proof, but again- can be hard to get in contact with them

kingbtcvl

Activity: 202

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 06:10:07 PM

this money hold fuck and obviously their support, too, is a fucking joke.
but maybe i have just found a workaround: i have tried to withdraw my coins and got the message with a money hold of something like 465h, so something around 20 days. but now i have simply changed my password (which always results in a money hold of 48h) and indeed when i try to withdraw now the money hold message shows only 48h. so i do have the hope that the old money hold has been overwritten by the new one. i will tell you on sunday if this method really works out or if the old money hold is still saved in a queue.

guys, i am happy to tell you my idea has worked out! i have been able to withdraw my coins successfully after waiting for only 48h. this seems to be bug, but a bug that is very useful for us. So

in order to widthdraw your coins as fast as possible and to avoid the shit with the providing of the id pass and the utility bill as well as the the ticket stuff and the whole trouble with their poor customer suppport, simply

- change your password
- wait 48h
- withdraw your coins
- be happy you got out of there

ps: please don't post the piece of advice in the trollbox of btc-e, but only here in the forum. we dont want them to fix that bug, do we?
pps: feel free to donate a little bit if i helped you more than the customer support of btc-e  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: