Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:34:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin in for another low?  (Read 246 times)
Loveboard (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 7

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:49:35 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/why-investors-should-dread-the-month-of-may-–-especially-this-year/ar-AAwqxnh?ocid=spartandhp

^ check it.

According to historical data, the stock market bears in May for most years. We've seen thus far that when the stock market does poorly, it affects the crypto market in a similar fashion. What do you guys think about this upcoming May? Will we moon more or will we dip?

It seems to me that institutional investors who are invested in both stocks and crypto will move some crypto out (sell) to help offset their losses from stocks. That's what could drive the price down by a bit.

What are your thoughts?

Cointrade - Bringing crypto trading to the people! (https://cointrade.es/)
Pre-ICO "April 8th, 2018"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:16:14 AM

We've seen thus far that when the stock market does poorly, it affects the crypto market in a similar fashion.

maybe something like this happened only once in the past 9 years but any other time the exact opposite is happening. meaning if stock market performs poorly, the investors start looking elsewhere to make profit so they take their money and invest it in bitcoin making bitcoin price rise even faster.

ignoring all that, we have already had our big bear market with a HUGE drop. there won't be any more drops. and now the trends has also reversed so there is not even a sign of drop to be seen! all the signals are pointing to a rise.

(there is something wrong with that link by the way)

Only Bitcoin
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1524

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 07:27:34 AM

We've seen thus far that when the stock market does poorly, it affects the crypto market in a similar fashion.

maybe something like this happened only once in the past 9 years but any other time the exact opposite is happening. meaning if stock market performs poorly, the investors start looking elsewhere to make profit so they take their money and invest it in bitcoin making bitcoin price rise even faster.

ignoring all that, we have already had our big bear market with a HUGE drop. there won't be any more drops. and now the trends has also reversed so there is not even a sign of drop to be seen! all the signals are pointing to a rise.

Yes, but I think for the moment we have found a resistance at around $9,300-ish. If we break it, I believe price will skyrocket as we will pass the psychological $10,000 mark.

As for OP, past behavior of the market isn’t useful to predict future behavior. We can see some regularities while interpreting the past, but especially in this field, we can’t make accurate predictions.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:32:40 AM

Yes, but I think for the moment we have found a resistance at around $9,300-ish. If we break it, I believe price will skyrocket as we will pass the psychological $10,000 mark.

As for OP, past behavior of the market isn’t useful to predict future behavior. We can see some regularities while interpreting the past, but especially in this field, we can’t make accurate predictions.

I still think the resistance is at $10000 not any lower. there is currently a nice accumulation phase going on and with it there will always be some light FUD going on to try and push the price down a little more so that they can fill their lowball buy orders that they placed below $9000 level. otherwise they will continue buying above it until the breakout occurs.

Only Bitcoin
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 07:44:35 AM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

According to historical data, the stock market bears in May for most years.

This sort of analysis is very common on the stock market. 'Santa Claus Rally', 'Sell in May and go away' and other sayings get repeated every year but in reality, any backtesting of the data shows that it would have been impossible to make a profitable strategy from them.

I'm also less than convinced about any correlation between the stock markets and crypto. The crypto markets being much smaller are more susceptible to large swings on very small pieces of news. So basing any analysis on past data is even less reliable than in stocks.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:53:17 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/why-investors-should-dread-the-month-of-may-–-especially-this-year/ar-AAwqxnh?ocid=spartandhp

^ check it.

According to historical data, the stock market bears in May for most years. We've seen thus far that when the stock market does poorly, it affects the crypto market in a similar fashion. What do you guys think about this upcoming May? Will we moon more or will we dip?

It seems to me that institutional investors who are invested in both stocks and crypto will move some crypto out (sell) to help offset their losses from stocks. That's what could drive the price down by a bit.

What are your thoughts?

I don't really care to be honest. If it goes lower, just buy more BTC as a long term investor!
And as trader you mostly care about the volatility as this is what gives you the opportunity to make money out if it. So this would be good as well.
What I don't think is going to happen is another low below $6k. So there is nothing you need to worry about imo.
jakeshadows27

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:45:55 AM

I think its not new to market of crypto its just common senario that btc will hits highest rate then another days or months it become low just be happy if btc low its time for trader to buy more then sell it but in my opinion btc will increase this year

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:25:49 AM

what is the definition of Moon ?
are you talking about it will creates its new ATH in May ? if you are saying that,i must say that it won't happens because we're in on recovery mode.
based on our market we should reach $10.000 and if the trend changes,
we may see it in around $12.000 in May,but we know nothing about the trend right now.
and from what i heard,
those newly investor who joined the train used short on their position,that was why we could see a lot of bears.
they thought it was an overpriced asset.

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

I'm also less than convinced about any correlation between the stock markets and crypto. The crypto markets being much smaller are more susceptible to large swings on very small pieces of news. So basing any analysis on past data is even less reliable than in stocks.

there is absolutely no correlation between the stock and crypto markets whatsoever and there has never been any.

but for the past 4 months some people have been trying to say there is a direct relation between the two markets so hard. and i still don't know why!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:32:21 AM

I think its not new to market of crypto its just common senario that btc will hits highest rate then another days or months it become low just be happy if btc low its time for trader to buy more then sell it but in my opinion btc will increase this year

You have point we already saw this bitcoin in a higher price and lower price. Accept the fact that price is very unpredictable any moment it will become low. If low more chances for the whales to buy btc and yes I think all time high will really achieve.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:30:43 PM

^ check it.

What are your thoughts?

Maybe it might make some little correction along the line and we are not afraid of that as we actually need retracement in other to be able to gather momentum for future price progress. We should not be worried about this as this has happened several time.  I will still advice is to keep holding as whenever you sell you are part of the reasons why price is going down.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:26:18 PM

You have point we already saw this bitcoin in a higher price and lower price. Accept the fact that price is very unpredictable any moment it will become low. If low more chances for the whales to buy btc and yes I think all time high will really achieve.

Yeah in this kind of market, it's better to think like the whales instead of reacting to what they do to the market. We won't know if it can go down again below the lowest this year, but it's important that we know how to react accordingly to whatever happens whether it drops or shoots up

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:21:53 PM

^ check it.

What are your thoughts?

Well, stock market is performing well now and so do the cryptocurrency market and an intelligent investor would always buy when the market is at its low and they sell when the market is at its high.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:38:23 AM

^ check it.

What are your thoughts?

I'm still not entirely convinced with what exactly the correlation between the stock market and bitcoin markets are, because there is still a lack of institutional investors that are actually actively invested in bitcoin. Plus, we don't know what they would actually do in a bear market situation, there is simply not enough data to gather from.

But simply from analyzing bitcoin's native markets, I think we are definitely going to see some drop offs from the amazing recovery we've had from the $6k bottom all the way up to $9k+ that we are sitting on right now.

And it's not going to be caused by May being historically bad for the stock market or whatever. It's just because I don't think that we're fully out of the bearish sentiment yet, and we're struggling to push over the $10k resistance, which may lead to a pretty sizable dump in May.

Smiley
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 09:50:07 AM

I'm still not entirely convinced with what exactly the correlation between the stock market and bitcoin markets are, because there is still a lack of institutional investors that are actually actively invested in bitcoin. Plus, we don't know what they would actually do in a bear market situation, there is simply not enough data to gather from.

If there was any correlation you would be able to see it by overlaying the charts. I played about with that a bit over the weekend and there absolutely isn't any correlation there.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:28:01 AM

^ check it.

What are your thoughts?

No, for the price of Bitcoin is at the increasing path and will still increase. Yes, if the demand suddenly decreases and the market rice falls but it is out of mind and the demand can not suddenly falls so the value of Bitcoin will continue to grow more and the investors are enjoying their time and holding for the price to jump again back at its highest price.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
Wind_FURY
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1826

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:21:59 AM

OP, the "big dip" to the lows is absolutely done. Buy mow while the price is under $10,000 still. You would not want to be one of those people who wished he bought "low". The same with the people who regret buying under the magic numbers, $100 and $1000.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:47:42 AM

What are your thoughts?
I think no one needs to dread the month of May. Selling right now is only a good idea when you will gain profit out of it, if not just hold and get some fiat ready. In case it dumps, it is a good opportunity to buy up some cryptos. Nevertheless, I think market would not be driven down. Instead, I think that might drive price up considering some stock investors will look for other trades to profit from, and crypto is one option.
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:38:36 AM

^ check it.

What are your thoughts?

Well that's how they play the market. Shifting funds around and follow the money. So I wouldn't be surprise by this kind of analysis, however, it should be the other way around at stocks market have been crashing lately and crypto is gaining momentum now. So they are not moving out funds from the crypto market they maybe just playing around and see where the most money is and right now its on crypto that's why we have been recovering since the 2nd week of April. As far as May, its too early to tell, but let's just be positive and hope that the price could hit $10K at least.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:49:57 AM

If there was any correlation you would be able to see it by overlaying the charts. I played about with that a bit over the weekend and there absolutely isn't any correlation there.

Over what time period? Overlaying can also be problematic if not scaled correctly. I've seen some fairly compelling cases made, although the 2014-2015 bear market was a divergence. For comparison, Bitstamp vs. the SPY:

The long term trends are pretty obviously correlated, but we don't know the underlying cause. I think the general belief is about overall money flow into risky assets. It would be interesting to see what happens in a true global economic crash with financial contagion.

OP, the "big dip" to the lows is absolutely done. Buy mow while the price is under $10,000 still. You would not want to be one of those people who wished he bought "low". The same with the people who regret buying under the magic numbers, $100 and $1000.

And what if this plays out like 2014? Or 2011?! Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: