Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:39:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote Hemp seeks Bitcoin 100 Endowment: Seeking Input from the Community  (Read 619 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:46:41 PM

To help make a more informed decision in regard to the following quoted post, I've started this thread to seek input from the Bitcoin community, regardless if you have donated to Bitcoin 100 in the past or not.

Please help Rassah and edd, et al. (I'm not including myself, for I go either way) arrive at a fair decision in this regard. Feel free to start or join into a lively discussion, or simply vote yes or no in your post. I've opted to not take a formal pool, not wanting a hard number count, alone, influence the final import decision.

Thank you in advance,

Bruno Kucinskas

Awwww. Just got this in the mail

Hi there. Alex with Vote Hemp here with a quick question. Just how prominently do you expect Bitcoin 100 orgs to display their acceptance of bitcoin donations?

We're adding a bitcoin donation option to http://www.votehemp.org/contribute in the next day or two and I want to let my guys know if they also need to put some sort of indicator on the landing page as well - at the moment we don't reference any contribution options on the index page. "contribute" is an option under the "Take Action" drop-down.

Thanks for your time and for all that you do.

Have you heard about Bitcoin Black Friday? That and Bitcoin100.org are what enabled me to convince my bosses to add a bitcoin donation option, by the way.

With respect,

Alex

Guys, please verify and confirm, but my first reply had to be to point out that Bitcoin100 can't donate to political orgs  Undecided

Fraid you're right, Rassah. They clearly identify themselves as a "lobbying organization".

I just got a reply to my concern/objection:

Rassah;

I understand - though personally I do not consider lobbying for industrial hemp cultivation to be political in the partisan sense, any more so than lobbying for hunger relief or AIDS treatment or fair treatment of political prisoners is political. We're about as non-partisan as one could possibly get. It was with this in mind that I reached out.

I've also passed on info on BitCoin 100 to some of the people working on Bitcoin Black Friday, hopefully they'll be in touch.

Thanks for your timely response.

W/ respect,
ABZ

Comments?

To address an earlier question concerning Vote Hemp, ideally Bitcoin 100 would love to have a Bitcoin donation option remain on a website up to a year, but I am on record in stating that it'll be up to each site's owner(s). Currently, there's nothing written in stone (no pun intended) stating how long such should remain in place.

Now, to address the current concern. Clearly, Bitcoin 100 has a secular clause in place, obviously wanting to stay clear of funding religious orgs, of which has nothing to do with whether or not they provide a wonderful service. Most do.

Likewise, political orgs are mainly off the table, but there may be a tad more latitude in this regard, but I'm not sure. Predicated on what others in the community feel about such, and I'll go along with any outright decision, the best I can offer up is that if Vote Hemp is indeed accepted for a $1,000 USD endowment, that a promise by them of keeping the Bitcoin donation option in place for at least a year may be considered warranted in this case, something they may abide by, unless instructed to take it down due to some legality in the future.

Another solution that comes to mind is perhaps the principles of Vote Hemp may have some other NPO up and running for some period of time, one of which is not closely knit with politics, and may more easily qualify. It's not uncommon for principles of NPOs to attach themselves to more than one non-profit, of which we're well aware and is not a crime.

I hope the above helps in the final decision making and we hope to be able to help you kind folks as much as possible. Although hemp is not my cup of tea (again, no pun intended), I personally have no issue with hemp awareness programs garnering donations or getting an endowment from Bitcoin 100.

We appreciate the fine argument you made after it was revealed to you that such an org may not qualify, hence your request still being on the table and opened for further discussion. That said, let's see what we can go for you fine folks.

Bruno Kucinskas

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinbible

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:52:36 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 12:12:32 AM by bitcoinbible

http://www.drbronner.com/hemp.php

/\this guy is legit ! YES!!!!  Grin

http://www.drbronner.com/images/drblogo.jpg

\\\
" Industrial Hemp: A Sustainable Alternative to Problematic Raw Materials
Industrial hemp is non-psychoactive varieties of the Cannabis plant grown for fiber and seed. Hemp has a remarkable number of beneficial uses, and we support its use in agriculture, manufacturing and trade. Dr. Bronner’s uses hemp oil as a superfatting ingredient in all our soaps because of its unsurpassed essential fatty acid (EFA) content. Hemp oil makes our lather smoother and less drying, and in our lotions and balms is an excellent moisturizer.

The Bronner family is committed to helping transition our major industries away from polluting, unsustainable materials and methods to cleaner, sustainable ones. Hemp’s excellent fiber can replace virgin timber pulp in paper, glass fibers in construction and automotive composites, and pesticide-intensive cotton in textiles. Because of its huge market potential and high biomass/cellulose content, hemp is an ideal future crop for producing bio-ethanol and bio-plastics. However, the U.S. government, alone among the major industrialized nations, effectively prohibits domestic hemp cultivation — due primarily to the “reefer madness” and confusion regarding hemp’s psychoactive cousin, “marijuana.”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: