Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:07:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative to Awesome Miner for Linux?  (Read 387 times)
nu2mlock (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:11:47 AM

Hi,

I've had it with Windows for the time being (having too many issues that is software related) and I want to make the switch over to Linux for my rigs. However, I'm using Awesome Miner which is freaking great and I love that it makes switching coins or adding new coins is so easy.

Unfortunately, Awesome Miner doesn't exist for Linux so I need an alternative. I don't want a dist like Simplemining or the likes, I would prefer a seperate program that can run on Ubuntu. If that doesn't exist, which mining dist would you say is the best for Nvidia rigs?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:24:28 AM

Hi,

I've had it with Windows for the time being (having too many issues that is software related) and I want to make the switch over to Linux for my rigs. However, I'm using Awesome Miner which is freaking great and I love that it makes switching coins or adding new coins is so easy.

Unfortunately, Awesome Miner doesn't exist for Linux so I need an alternative. I don't want a dist like Simplemining or the likes, I would prefer a seperate program that can run on Ubuntu. If that doesn't exist, which mining dist would you say is the best for Nvidia rigs?

Thanks

Hive OS (custom Ubuntu distro) - there is no auto profit switching at the moment but it will be implemented in the next couple of months hopefully.

Obviously you can just connect it to a profit switching mining pool or what I generally do is have it setup for lots of different algo's and just switch it every few days after checking what to mine
nu2mlock (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:00:19 AM

Thanks, I had already started downloading it to test it out. Do you know if there's a relatively easy way to add new miners to HiveOS manually? I had to replace old miners on Simplemining, but I would prefer to not have to replace miners, as I tend to add new ones quite often.
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:44:14 AM

Thanks, I had already started downloading it to test it out. Do you know if there's a relatively easy way to add new miners to HiveOS manually? I had to replace old miners on Simplemining, but I would prefer to not have to replace miners, as I tend to add new ones quite often.

If its a completely new miner that Hive OS doesn't have then you would just have to run a standard linux install. Unfortunately then you would lose the best part about Hive and that's the WebUI to monitor hashrate/adjust miner/adjust wallet etc.

Hive OS regularly updates existing miners but its much easier to just update the miner manually if you don't want to wait
JFoxOne

Activity: 640
Merit: 56

minerstat

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 10:27:36 AM

Awesome miner alternative on Linux is minerstat's mining OS.

View all features.

patrike
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 03:02:48 PM

This was an old thread that came to life again, so in case anyone else find this topic I'm happy to inform that not long after this question was asked, Awesome Miner Remote Agent got support for Linux as well.

However, I'm using Awesome Miner which is freaking great and I love that it makes switching coins or adding new coins is so easy.
Thanks for the nice feedback!

Unfortunately, Awesome Miner doesn't exist for Linux so I need an alternative. I don't want a dist like Simplemining or the likes, I would prefer a seperate program that can run on Ubuntu.
This is exactly how the Awesome Miner Remote Agent works on Linux. You don't need to use a specific mining distribution. Instead you can install and run the software with a few simple commands on any Ubuntu distribution (or on top of any of the existing mining distributions). For more details, please see:
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000086210-remote-agent-for-linux

Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
JFoxOne

Activity: 640
Merit: 56

minerstat

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 08:29:34 AM

Thanks, I had already started downloading it to test it out.

Any feedback yet?

Also, here is a list of all mining clients that are supported on minerstat.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: