Bitcoin Forum
January 24, 2017, 05:23:53 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zen Cart Bitcoin Gateway Problem - Please help  (Read 1081 times)
awozny

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 07:52:11 AM

Hello All,

Has anyone been able to get the zen cart bitcoin payment gateway to work? having issue with it connecting to bitcoind.

I purchased a VPS and have bitcoind running on Ubuntu. The gateway installed correctly into zen cart, I can setup all the RPC information as directions require.  Whenever I try to use the gateway zen cart throws this error :

Error: Bitcoin server is down. Please email system administrator.

This error suggests a communication error to bitcoind. I believe that bitcoind is installed correctly .

When I run " bitcoind getinfo" I get this:

bituser@server1:~/.bitcoin$ bitcoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 32400,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 139551,
    "connections" : 10,
    "proxy" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "difficulty" : 1888786.70535305,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1312281932,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""

It does show that it is synched correctly. I have tried 3-4 different shopping carts with the appropriate Bitcoin gateways...no dice. Nothing connects at all. I did not install bitcoind myself , the VPS company offered this service for free.

This is what is in my bitcoin.conf:

server=1
rpcallowip=72.*.*.*
rpcallowip=174.*.*.*
rpcport=8332
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpctimeout=90

Has anyone encountered RPC call issues with shared web hosting services?

After all my testing I am starting to think that my hosting on a shared IP is the issue. Does this sound right? I am starting to feel exhausted and desperate to find a solution. Do you need a dedicated IP to get this stuff to work?

Please can some linux guru give me the commands to check connectivity to bitcoind? I really want to make sure it is not some setting or firewall issue to bitcoind.

Please advise....
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 11:26:56 AM

Code:
rpcallow=127.0.0.1

If bitcoind is running on the same box as the cart.  Even better, I think you can just have no rpcallow= line unless you have a damn good reason to accept remote connections.

p2pcoin: a USB/CD/PXE p2pool miner - 1N8ZXx2cuMzqBYSK72X4DAy1UdDbZQNPLf - todo
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.