Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:41:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What would you compare our current state to?
May 02, 2011 or March 24, 2013 - A serious correction in a larger bubble and we are soon headed to 1200+ - 61 (43%)
August 20, 2012 - The bubble has popped. We arent headed up anywhere very fast for months. However, we aren't going down either - just a slow trend up. - 14 (9.9%)
April 12, 2013 - This is an ugly bulltrap and someone is about to start dumping 500k coins and take us down to 300ish. - 40 (28.2%)
Something else. - 27 (19%)
Total Voters: 142

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: At what stage of bubbling/correcting/crashing are we at now?  (Read 2274 times)
ablewasiereisawelba

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:32:35 AM

I'd actually be bullish.Google trends have exceeded April 2013.I don't think the rally is fake but obviously manipulators still do exist.

Wouldn't the difference of price now affect adoption by noobs though? I mean on April normal people could actually buy some coins. At these prices many will probably be turned away because they won't be able to afford even one piece.
"One piece" of bitcoin is still less than $0.01.

BitAlarm.com - Bitcoin Alarm - Wake up to big changes in the market, or listen to beeps as a price is passed in the background.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrjeff

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:35:04 AM

I'd actually be bullish.Google trends have exceeded April 2013.I don't think the rally is fake but obviously manipulators still do exist.

Check out coinbase

https://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=coinbase#q=coinbase&cmpt=q

bitstamp too

https://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=bitstamp#q=bitstamp&date=today%203-m&cmpt=q

and btcchina

https://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=bitstamp#q=btcchina&date=today%201-m&cmpt=q

Bitcoinity has become very popular too:

https://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=bitcoinity&date=today%203-m&cmpt=q#q=bitcoinity&date=today%203-m&cmpt=q
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:51:18 AM

Wouldn't the difference of price now affect adoption by noobs though? I mean on April normal people could actually buy some coins. At these prices many will probably be turned away because they won't be able to afford even one piece.
Hah,many were saying the same thing concerning the rally in April.I remember late last year many were saying $50 dollars would be the high and the price will go back to the teens.I have learned over the years stay with what you have and don't take speculation on downtrends too seriously.I also remember many individuals who bought at over 250 during the April rally and crash who simply sold and never stuck with it.....the rest is history so to speak.

I originally bought in at $8-12 and stayed with throughout.

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:27:49 AM

What do you think? I think this is significantly different from april because there are many exchanges and all of them still have fiat still flowing in exponentially. So it might be more like 2012, or even be just a correction.

I can't vote.

I bought in a little just there at twice the value that I sold my previous stash of Bitcoins at.

Aside from the odd spot of panic (stupidity really cos I wasn't panicking, just thought some profit would be nice), I have been bullish on Bitcoins since last September which is when I entered the market for first time as an intentional speculator (beforehand all Btc went to SR). On the eve of the crash, I turned very bearish (yes before the event, check my posts if you will), but the fact that Bitcoin went to the moon, crashed, yet is right back up on the moon again with 2 days, defies all logic.

Right now, we should be facing volatile fluctuations in downward trend but no, the coin seems to be shooting right back up, albeit at much lower volumes. I guess that the logic now points at higher prices to come in the near future.

However, the price is being held higher essentially by hoarding. Most of the Bitcoins in existence will have been procured for peanuts compared to the present market value. The creator of Bitcoin is believed to hold 12% of all Bitcoins in existence. Ignoring all the other mass stashes of Bitcoins procured for relative pennies, 'Satoshi' could wake up one day and decide that his scheme has earned him enough to buy him his luxury Carribbean island and yacht to live out his days on, and decide to dump his 12% on the market. If someone like that decided to cash out, it is likely that he would not 'dump' his coins in such a way that initiated panic and crash, thus financially wounding himself. However more worrying, is that a cabal of establishment financial institutions may have control of a large share of Btc's with the intention to one day smash the market in to such oblivion, that the whole Bitcoin and alternative decentralised crypto-currency phenomena is killed off.

Bitcoin is like a great big hot air-balloon, with enough propane to reach unimagineable heights, but made from canvas so fine that the slightest bit of friction could tear it apart sending the whole aparatus crashing back down to earth.

This is what new entrants into the market are buying into.

Although I have been interested in Bitcoins intellectually since way back, have used them to make SR purchases since sub $10 days, and have even made a little profit speculating in Bitcoin just recently, since up until 30 minutes ago I owned no Bitcoins, I must class myself as a new entrant and be aware of exactly what I am buying into.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: