Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is that psycological on trading?  (Read 314 times)
wiro212 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:59:44 AM

Have you ever bought altcoin but after that the price actually decreased deeply? After many times it becomes bad suggestions for me every time I will buy, any suggestions from you who have traded more experienced than me? What's wrong and needs to be fixed? Thank you
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:03:58 AM

since i have had that problem in the early days of my trading journey i can tell you that the reason for losing money after you buy something is that you are always buying that thing too late. the reason for that can be different. usually it is because when some altcoin is pumped that altcoin will start being advertised a lot and that leads some beginners to believe that altcoin really has some potential so they buy it not knowing they are buying into a bubble and after the pumping phase ended. and surely enough after that phase will cone the next phase called the dumping.

the solution is simply to
... stop listening to the hype
... start looking at the charts
... learn what a pump and dump looks like.

then you just buy before the pump ends and never invest in a coin that you see is being talked about on the internet a lot. for example if you opened bitcointalk and saw 10 topics about an altcoin that weren't there before then you stay away from that altcoin.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
wiro212 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:25:01 AM

since i have had that problem in the early days of my trading journey i can tell you that the reason for losing money after you buy something is that you are always buying that thing too late. the reason for that can be different. usually it is because when some altcoin is pumped that altcoin will start being advertised a lot and that leads some beginners to believe that altcoin really has some potential so they buy it not knowing they are buying into a bubble and after the pumping phase ended. and surely enough after that phase will cone the next phase called the dumping.
thank you for a great advice, any special sign to marked the bubble will end?
the solution is simply to
... stop listening to the hype
... start looking at the charts
... learn what a pump and dump looks like.
any suggestion for me to figure out a good trade knowledge? especially cryptocurrency trading. Thank you
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:36:03 AM

thank you for a great advice, any special sign to marked the bubble will end?
any suggestion for me to figure out a good trade knowledge? especially cryptocurrency trading. Thank you

it is impossible to know the end which is why i always set a profit percentage that satisfies me. i varies from coin to coin and it depends on the trend itself. sometimes the pumps are too strong so you can expect even 100% profit from them. but i try to also not get too greedy. reaching a balance is the key.

also after some times trading and watching the market (the charts) you can see some signs like drop in volume and speed of the rise, double tops and resistance that can't be broken anymore and stuff like that.
trading in my opinion is all about having that experience and that can only be gained by spending a lot of time watching the charts.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:42:55 AM

Have you ever bought altcoin but after that the price actually decreased deeply? After many times it becomes bad suggestions for me every time I will buy, any suggestions from you who have traded more experienced than me? What's wrong and needs to be fixed? Thank you

In situation like this, make sure you find out every information yourself and don’t read fomo or hypes, they are not positive while investing
Similarly you simply have to fix your courage and decision making
It will help you a long way
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:45:27 AM

When prices fall sharply, you should consider buying at this point.
When prices rise sharply, you should consider selling at this time.
Always be rational.

realaccountakira

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:50:01 AM

I feel you. Every time i buy something it's value seems to go down. When i sell something it's value seems to go up. It seems to never go my way. Just goes to show how much smarter and manipulative the whales of this market are. They can time the market sentiment exactly when majority of the people will be thinking something and use that to their advantage.

This is why i discourage newbies from doing crypto trading. Until you learn to think like a predator you should just be doing practice mode using Excel. Just do pretend trading first.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:54:00 AM

Psychology on trading is to earn maximum profit so any turbulence in bitcoin will affect altcoin and is going to affect the chemicals released in the body. Sudden inflation will lead to quicker heart rate and the tendency to ponder upon whether I should hold or sell, psychologically one feels high and greed creeps in. If followed by sudden drop in the price, the thought process again will be affected leading to anxiety n palpitations. So remain vigilant, calm and psychologically relaxed to pursue your goals.
manlyxman

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:59:52 AM

Psychology on trading is to earn maximum profit so any turbulence in bitcoin will affect altcoin and is going to affect the chemicals released in the body. Sudden inflation will lead to quicker heart rate and the tendency to ponder upon whether I should hold or sell, psychologically one feels high and greed creeps in. If followed by sudden drop in the price, the thought process again will be affected leading to anxiety n palpitations. So remain vigilant, calm and psychologically relaxed to pursue your goals.

Well said. FOMO is a serious threat that many traders fall to. And not enough of them hold too.
uletkeket

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 10:01:37 AM

I think that your psychology in trading like my psychology when I was gambling. I ever felt like what you felt. When I addicted to trade like playing game I'm so hard to stop my activity until my capital is loss. I suggestion you can stop your activity for some time and evaluate your wrong. Maybe you can change your strategy, risk management, and never break the rule that you have made. Good luck!
Viscera

Activity: 660
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:07:37 AM

The best entry on trading is the bear market and not on bull market. If you are experienced trader then you know what it takes to get profit. The best thing you can do is accumulate when market is bloody and hodl. Buy low and sell high that's what you can do for now. In crypto you need to read news and everything that is cover by altcoins. same goes to our mother coin bitcoin.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:41:39 AM

Well said. FOMO is a serious threat that many traders fall to. And not enough of them hold too.

FOMO can also be profitable if done right!
when people buy based on Fear Of Missing Out, they are fearing some actual rise and missing out on that actual rise. so if with that fear they also use some brainwork and see if it is already too late or if there were still time, they could determine whether they can still make money.
also it is trading that we are talking about which means even if you bought in too late and saw the drop, you can still use "stop loss" to save your ass and get out with a tiny loss instead of a big one. and tiny losses are nothing in trading.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Alex077
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1209

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 03:49:07 PM

No matter how experienced are you: you'll always face the situation when you buy altcoin, and it drops immediately or in a few days. First of all, you should purchase perspective and right altcoins, then even if the price falls, after a while, it would recover and even grow, and the second one - you need to understand how market moves, then stop buying at highs and selling at lows.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:03:02 PM

I experienced this situation when I first started in crypto investing. After that, I learned to question myself whether it is fomo before I rush to buy a coin. Since your coin price has depreciated, maybe it is a good time to buy in more to lower the average buying price.

Good luck!
hamster fat

Activity: 462

simply getting the job done

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:09:07 PM

When you trade in the market, then you face different psychological moments. In the market there are always emotions, there is always a fear of losing money and greed to make more money. Often such emotions interfere with good work.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:26:19 PM

I suggest you to research about the Altcoin and read up on news about it before investing. Another factor is to look at current market situation. Lastly and most importantly, look out for any updates in development that causes the price rise and whether it make sense.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:09:49 PM

It is very often to speak in general because very much depends on coin , which you trade. I rarely buy coins on a strong dump.

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:19:53 PM

Have you ever bought altcoin but after that the price actually decreased deeply?
Yeah I can relate to this and I felt bad for buying that altcoin (I won't disclose what that altcoin is) because after buying it, I believed that it will go crazy and gonna pump but I was wrong. I entered with the wrong timing and the pumping scene has been done. But good news is that I'm starting to recover my loss from the biggest correction that I've witnessed in my entire life.
After many times it becomes bad suggestions for me every time I will buy, any suggestions from you who have traded more experienced than me? What's wrong and needs to be fixed? Thank you
We shouldn't buy during the hype and we don't need to feel FOMO because that triggers us to buy more. Don't be greedy and be contented with your potential profit.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
elimi

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:35:07 PM

Sometimes we get stuck by the price we already consider that the lowest price but actually the price can still go down again. If I think it's good to make some buy orders. And control your emotions
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:12:38 PM

Sometimes we get stuck by the price we already consider that the lowest price but actually the price can still go down again. If I think it's good to make some buy orders. And control your emotions

however, its better that we need to analyze the chart first and look till how deep the alt will gonna through. if we just make some buy order and keep buying after each the price decrease 5-10% i think that was bad decision.
and also look is that any event that affect why those altcoin keep decreasing ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: