Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:50:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What you want out of a new cryptocurrency?  (Read 443 times)
TheShekelProject (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:13:58 AM

I want :
1. Good and useful product
2. stable increase in the value of the token
3. a reliable company that issued a token to the exchange

Thanks for your input! These points will be seen in our project, but crypto will always be volatile. That’s kind of in the hands of the investors to hodl or dump for a quick buck unfortunately.
ipbitrung01

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:14:34 AM

Hey BCT Community,

I run a new project based off of the bitcoin protocol. Being a coin dev I want to hear from you, what do you want to see in a new cryptocurrency? What features will make you a die hard fan of a project? Describe your dream crypto, all feedback will be greatly appreciated and will be used in our project direction. Thanks!!!

YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP THIS PROJECT
The belief in my future financial future is enormous. Maybe I'm greedy! But it would be great if I could use a cryptographic coin that could be used all over the world with absolute security, fast transaction speed and lowest possible fees. And better if it's available offline.
TheShekelProject (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:17:00 AM

Some people want a new cryptocurrency that has a stable price, but it doesn't matter about the stable price, it is all about the majority of people want to used and adopt that certain kind of crypto coin. Maybe the rapid price increase and decrease of cryptocurrencies coins are the best strategy that many people want to invest. Because more investors invest on the lower price, and if crypto coins price are on stable, all investors are disappear. Nobody wants to invest when crypto price are on the stable line.

Aaah. Very good points there! Thanks for joining the discussion with us all! Stable price do equal less investors! Lol can’t believe I never thought of it from that perspective! Haha!
TheShekelProject (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:19:07 AM

Hey BCT Community,

I run a new project based off of the bitcoin protocol. Being a coin dev I want to hear from you, what do you want to see in a new cryptocurrency? What features will make you a die hard fan of a project? Describe your dream crypto, all feedback will be greatly appreciated and will be used in our project direction. Thanks!!!

YOUR FEEDBACK WILL HELP THIS PROJECT
The belief in my future financial future is enormous. Maybe I'm greedy! But it would be great if I could use a cryptographic coin that could be used all over the world with absolute security, fast transaction speed and lowest possible fees. And better if it's available offline.

We are currently working on bringing innovation to Bluetooth technology so that we can bring offline transactions to the Blockchain! Our SKL-to-Fiat debit cards will bring what you are looking for in using crypto in everyday life!
coldstorage

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:25:36 PM

By far the most novel thing any new crypto could bring is a real plan for adoption, not just by investors or miners or speculators, but by retailers and consumers.  All the bells and whistles should be secondary to that, and narrowly tailored to those things that aid retailer/consumer demand.  To date, there isn't one real retail coin, and while investors tend to yawn at new coins being 'just' for purchases, it's still basically an untapped market.  Most cryptos have centralized tech upgrades but leave adoption to their users to somehow generate.  A centralized (usually a dirty word here, but there are times where it's handy, lots of coins have foundations to do this, even though most have insufficient resources/planning to do it effectively) organization to promote adoption that's actually capable of incentivizing adoption in the target audience would be priceless, and that's what has drawn me to Shekel.

You've been somewhat tight lipped about exactly what you're doing on retail adoption and who/how many retailers are biting, but at the same time, there's only one way that you'd be getting the rate of adoption you've alluded to among retail partners you've approached, that's why the premine percentage doesn't bother me and why I'm looking forward to shekel announcements in the future.  Premines aren't justifiable in a lot of cases where someone just forks some code and hopes to reap a bounty on speculation, but if you actually use the premine to create value, any of it that shekel labs keeps will be very well earned and any premine spent on adoption is worth its weight in gold.

I do think atomic swaps could be incredibly useful in creating different types of accounts on different chains and moving between them.  Imagine sklg was more of an investment account, not really for daily purchases of groceries and gasoline.  If you could easily move money you'd been paid in shekel to sklg in your own wallet without a 3rd party, that'd be grand.  Using Lightning network to do those atomic swaps would also give you a built in scaling solution as well should shekel face the kind of congestion that hurt bitcoin's retail ambitions so much.

I think it'd be nice for the investment account if your wallet made it very easy to use multisig for security, so you could store more money in investment with less concern of it being stolen.  But it's one thing to support multisig, it's another thing for it to be super easily usable and comprehensible to an average, non-crypto-initiated consumer.  Having to authorize a move on multiple devices (two different smartphones or one phone one laptop/hardware wallet etc) from your savings shekel to your spending shekel would make it much harder for malware or hackers to quickly steal large stashes of shekel.  Cold storage is safest, but it's not very user friendly.

Finally, if shekel retail partners were hodlers, you could offer them the ability to draw interest through Proof of Stake/hybrid POS and simultaneously diversify how you secure the blockchain and how you keep it moving steadily.  Hybrid Proof of Stake can offer more than just security, it can be an incentive for your retail partners to not only hodl, but evangelize to their consumers as they see their hodlings increase even when the market is flat.  Good luck!
TheShekelProject (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:04:19 AM

That’s an amazing piece! I thoroughly read every bit of it! Atomic swaps, and a hybrid decentralized ecosystem is pretty much release ready this summer. You have a brilliant mind, your right about the premine. It’s to be used as a tool in promoting upward trends for SKL. Pretty soon everyone will love what we are doing. Our demand starts in key retailers throughout all of Asia, I have smart tactics. We won’t release the details of the incentivized adoption program. But, SKL is next.

By far the most novel thing any new crypto could bring is a real plan for adoption, not just by investors or miners or speculators, but by retailers and consumers.  All the bells and whistles should be secondary to that, and narrowly tailored to those things that aid retailer/consumer demand.  To date, there isn't one real retail coin, and while investors tend to yawn at new coins being 'just' for purchases, it's still basically an untapped market.  Most cryptos have centralized tech upgrades but leave adoption to their users to somehow generate.  A centralized (usually a dirty word here, but there are times where it's handy, lots of coins have foundations to do this, even though most have insufficient resources/planning to do it effectively) organization to promote adoption that's actually capable of incentivizing adoption in the target audience would be priceless, and that's what has drawn me to Shekel.

You've been somewhat tight lipped about exactly what you're doing on retail adoption and who/how many retailers are biting, but at the same time, there's only one way that you'd be getting the rate of adoption you've alluded to among retail partners you've approached, that's why the premine percentage doesn't bother me and why I'm looking forward to shekel announcements in the future.  Premines aren't justifiable in a lot of cases where someone just forks some code and hopes to reap a bounty on speculation, but if you actually use the premine to create value, any of it that shekel labs keeps will be very well earned and any premine spent on adoption is worth its weight in gold.

I do think atomic swaps could be incredibly useful in creating different types of accounts on different chains and moving between them.  Imagine sklg was more of an investment account, not really for daily purchases of groceries and gasoline.  If you could easily move money you'd been paid in shekel to sklg in your own wallet without a 3rd party, that'd be grand.  Using Lightning network to do those atomic swaps would also give you a built in scaling solution as well should shekel face the kind of congestion that hurt bitcoin's retail ambitions so much.

I think it'd be nice for the investment account if your wallet made it very easy to use multisig for security, so you could store more money in investment with less concern of it being stolen.  But it's one thing to support multisig, it's another thing for it to be super easily usable and comprehensible to an average, non-crypto-initiated consumer.  Having to authorize a move on multiple devices (two different smartphones or one phone one laptop/hardware wallet etc) from your savings shekel to your spending shekel would make it much harder for malware or hackers to quickly steal large stashes of shekel.  Cold storage is safest, but it's not very user friendly.

Finally, if shekel retail partners were hodlers, you could offer them the ability to draw interest through Proof of Stake/hybrid POS and simultaneously diversify how you secure the blockchain and how you keep it moving steadily.  Hybrid Proof of Stake can offer more than just security, it can be an incentive for your retail partners to not only hodl, but evangelize to their consumers as they see their hodlings increase even when the market is flat.  Good luck!

hihitao50

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:52:27 AM

it might be better if the coins are accepted in various/major online shop, because sometimes it is a bit difficult if we want to shop at other country due to currency differences Cheesy
Arcoin1

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:17:20 AM

The new coin to be born in the crypto money world should be a useful project for the future. Being a project that will make life easier in the future will be a valuable investment in the long run.
lllaqpt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:20:23 AM

This should be a simple and convenient application with a clear interface, a good and reliable purse. And of course without commission and instantly. And after Iko become a steadily growing coin and in a short time to take a place in the top.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
kinki32

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:12:12 PM

I'm interesting looking something new and I have amazing feels when everybody thinking that bitcoin is a bubble. Enjoy the show, enjoy the show.
Gufeng

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:15:16 AM

I would expect to see a currency with user-friendly interface, fast transaction speed and easily convertable to other forms of payments in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: