Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:28:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are They All Scams?  (Read 1380 times)
gogxmagog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:34:50 AM

I have "invested" [apologies to micura mpoe] in several BTC securities. long story short; I felling REALLY insecure right now.

my question is; can anyone prove even ONE of these dreamers to be actually worth what they say they are?

Or am I simply mad?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freebits

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:36:23 AM

it is stupid to give bitcoins to anyone else, but you, before the price is more than a million dollars.
gogxmagog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:37:37 AM

but then what? after a million?
qwertyqwerty

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:08:01 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 09:21:37 AM by qwertyqwerty

bitcoin "securities" is a bit of a misnomer, and I would lean towards using the term "charitable donation" rather than "investment"..As far as I remember it's almost always been that way. The market is roughly comprised of: fraudsters to varying degrees/ incompetents / dreamers n other such snake oil salesmen wanting to collect as much as possible, as quickly as possible. tens of millions of dollars have been conned already and of course you can expect more in future. There are a a small side helping of few genuinely ambitious and legitimate operations popping up every so often, but these are few and far between.

Maybe the wind changes in the future & you'll come across a diamond in the dust that earns you a little chunk, but for now I would simply remember we are dealing with a unregulated market, trading a non-reversible, rapidly fluctiating, asset, which is prime to appreciate. it's wild west, open season for all the HYIP pushers, sociopaths and dirty used car salesmen..once your press that send button you better understand you can't call up anyone to 'chargeback' or file a complaint...hold your coins in your own possession if you are a fan of gaining profit rather than losing
stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:41:37 PM

the few legitimate operations are all undermined by the issuer's incompetence

or an NDA Wink

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 12:45:15 PM

bitcoin "securities" is a bit of a misnomer,

"insecurities" is more apt

having said that. asicminer has more than rewarded it's IPO shares
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:46:34 PM

the few legitimate operations are all undermined by the issuer's incompetence

or an NDA Wink

+1
BitHub

Activity: 253

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:52:14 PM

to sum it up quickly, they're all scams and a waste of money.
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:56:18 PM

There has been a lot of money made on on all types of securities in bitcoin. However for the most part most of the good companies are done. As of right now probably the only one that makes any sense is the ASICminer that you can get in because of the low buy in price. I am trying to get some of my money back but it is hard. I have lost a lot of coins in the litecoin/bitcoin stock markets, but I have also cut my teeth on investing with them both. Now I am trading real stock also and actually making money. I was at one point up 50 bitcoins on ASICminer stock and now I am down. Too bad for me. However I still believe in the company and I will hold because I know they will have some good things coming soon. Good luck and use your gut feeling.Disclaimer.. I am a current owner of ASICminer stock.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:10:20 PM

I have "invested" [apologies to micura mpoe] in several BTC securities. long story short; I felling REALLY insecure right now.

my question is; can anyone prove even ONE of these dreamers to be actually worth what they say they are?

Or am I simply mad?

"Micura" sounds like some sort of Godzilla villain.  Cheesy If you're gonna invoke Mr. P, at least get his name right.

Anyway, so long as you do your reading, ensure that you've understood it, and act accordingly, you stand to avoid the majority of scams floating around here, now and in the future.

As for what things are and what they're worth:

GPG contracts. Security that isn't based on the limitations of a "slick" website. Actual IPOs from actually planned out, accountable entities. Yes, there's a fee. You're paying for that which works, which in the end is all that's worth paying for. No, I'm not especially nice in that In-N-Out Burger sort of way (though I'm just PR, you don't have to deal with me at all to use the exchange). The lies, the sugar-coating, the beating around the bush, is exactly for cheap food service and has no place in BTC finance. Plenty of people have thrown a fit over these facts, I'm sure plenty of people will continue to do so, and will continue to lose their money. MPEx will be right here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: