Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:11:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing BitSimple. A simpler way to buy and sell bitcoins.  (Read 14325 times)
Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:13:34 PM

No names on the web site.

I don't buy coins from web sites. I buy them from people.

I need to know who gets whacked if something goes wrong.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:58:44 PM

Well I know from short viewing this who is running the forum account. Gerald Davis
BitSimple_Support (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

BitSimple. A simpler way to buy and sell bitcoins.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 09:08:37 PM

Access for international residents will be added in the next few days.

Would you mind expanding on that a little? Are you going to take EU (SEPA) customers?

SEPA support will not be available initially (only PayPal and Bank Wire).  We will be adding SEPA support but that requires obtaining a SPEA area bank account (and flying to the EU) so it will come later.

Also, I don't see an option for two factor authentication... I would have imagined an end-to-end security policy would have included that -- or am I just not seeing the option?

2FA will be added soon.  I would point out that unlike an exchange, a compromised account is of less value to a hacker.  No financial information can be obtained from the account.  An attacker can not withdraw bitcoins because there are no bitcoins to withdraw.  An attacker can't even link a payment account to withdraw dollars unless the attacker happens to have the same name.   Using the principle of least privilege, the platform is designed to make an account of little value to an attacker.  That being said we will be added 2FA to further strengthen the privacy of users.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:19:04 PM

Any plans to allow ACH for USD deposits? This was something I really liked about CampBX but that has recently been shutdown.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 04:00:58 PM

Any plans to allow ACH for USD deposits? This was something I really liked about CampBX but that has recently been shutdown.

Due to the fact that ACH is reversible (and slow) it is not something we are considering for purchases at this time.  We are looking to provide alternative methods to fund Bitcoin purchases.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 04:27:34 PM

Due to the fact that ACH is reversible (and slow) it is not something we are considering for purchases at this time.  We are looking to provide alternative methods to fund Bitcoin purchases.

Ah, I did not know it was reversible.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 11:13:21 PM

Can you explain a little of how the exchange works?  If I want to buy 1 BTC do I buy it from your coins or do you match me up with someone who simultaneously wants to sell 1 BTC?  Does the seller send directly from their wallet to my wallet, or does it go through your mixed coin wallet?

Are you guys trying to compete with anyone or going to expand ways to move/buy bitcoin? The only thing I have to compare you to is Coinbase which pulls funds from my bank account with an automated online process, using a credit card as a backup method. No going to the bank. Just walking into banks these days makes me cringe.

I do remember fastcash4bitcoins and assume you guys are the same people? Well derrr, you must be. It redirects.

When I selected "sell bitcoins" I received this error:
"Error: unable to obtain new address. Support has been notified"

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 02:43:20 AM

Can you explain a little of how the exchange works?  If I want to buy 1 BTC do I buy it from your coins or do you match me up with someone who simultaneously wants to sell 1 BTC?  Does the seller send directly from their wallet to my wallet, or does it go through your mixed coin wallet?

Are you guys trying to compete with anyone or going to expand ways to move/buy bitcoin? The only thing I have to compare you to is Coinbase which pulls funds from my bank account with an automated online process, using a credit card as a backup method. No going to the bank. Just walking into banks these days makes me cringe.

We are looking at adding additional funding options in the future.  Some banks allow sending a bank wire online so a trip to the bank isn't always required.

I do remember fastcash4bitcoins and assume you guys are the same people? Well derrr, you must be. It redirects.

Yes BitSimple is owned by Tangible Cryptography, the same people who offered FC4B.

When I selected "sell bitcoins" I received this error:
"Error: unable to obtain new address. Support has been notified"

There was an issue with bitcoind service, which has been resolved.  Please send an email to support@bitsimple.com if you continue to have issues.

dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:54:15 AM

Any word yet on when you'll begin allowing non U.S. residents to use BitSimple?  I'm not living in the U.S. but my bank account is there, if that matters.  Thanks.
lysdexic

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:35:47 PM

This service seems to be a black hole.

Tried to verify via credit card charges, none post to my account after waiting a week.  Try to verify by bank account, again, no transactions.  Then try to verify by Paypal, once again, no transactions.

Send a message to their support, no response.  Is this a company full of Miltons in the basement just collecting paychecks?
BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:05:36 PM

This service seems to be a black hole.

Tried to verify via credit card charges, none post to my account after waiting a week.  Try to verify by bank account, again, no transactions.  Then try to verify by Paypal, once again, no transactions.

Send a message to their support, no response.  Is this a company full of Miltons in the basement just collecting paychecks?

I am sorry you seem to be having problems getting verified with BitSimple.  Some credit card companies don't post pending charges to online account activity.  The process should be nearly instant so if no charges appear within minutes they aren't going to appear a week later.  The site recommends that if your online account activity shows no charges to contact the 1-800 number on the credit card.  We don't actually complete the charge to a credit card until verification is complete to ensure users aren't charged when they can't verify.   

At this time I don't show any unprocessed PayPal verification payments.  If you prefer you can send me a PM with your ticket number or username (email address) and I will take a look at your account.

BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 09:06:51 PM

Any word yet on when you'll begin allowing non U.S. residents to use BitSimple?  I'm not living in the U.S. but my bank account is there, if that matters.  Thanks.

Support for international users will be added by the end of this week.  It expect it will be added and announced sooner, but I was told to use end of the week as the timeframe.

drewster

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:22:15 AM

bitsimple.com and tangible cryptography websites have both been down for 2 days.
??  gone?  or what's the deal?

BTC: 1CvoqpVjmy7ByCqqkxYqGXuB17wrgR2VKf
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.  Hey.  The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant."
zneww

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:17:42 AM

bitsimple.com and tangible cryptography websites have both been down for 2 days.
??  gone?  or what's the deal?

works for me lol
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:18:45 PM

??  gone?  or what's the deal?

works for me lol

Our colocation provider had complete loss of connectivity for almost 17 hours from roughly 3AM to 8PM EST on the 17th.  Even after 8PM connectivity was seriously degraded until around midnight.  Utterly unacceptable but beyond our control.  A network provider as large as Sago should never have a situation where they have almost a day of downtime for an entire datacenter.  It was the last straw in increasingly bad service and I pulled an all nighter, working with our new provider to move BitSimple to it's new home.   A big thumbs up to Hivelocity!  A big thumbs down to Sago Networks (which I wouldn't use to host a website for someone's dog).  Sadly I didn't even choose Sago, they chose us.  We were previously with Razor networks and they were rock solid ... until Sago bought them and proceeded to destroy everything which made Razor good.

I am mildly delirious at this point from a lack of sleep (body reminding me I am not a twenty year old anymore) but the server has been migrated.  There may be a few post migration glitches but let support know if you see them, we will get them ironed out over the next couple days.  As always, BitSimple takes security seriously so even our temporary server is 100% dedicated (no VPS or backdoor super admin accounts) and I personally installed the OS and configured the BIOS remotely over IPMI.

Gerald
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:26:20 AM

As always, BitSimple takes security seriously so even our temporary server is 100% dedicated (no VPS or backdoor super admin accounts) and I personally installed the OS and configured the BIOS remotely over IPMI.

I read this paper once

http://fish2.com/ipmi/bp.pdf

not sure I would entirely trust IPMI to be left switched on if I was running a server.

grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:31:09 AM

I read this paper once

not sure I would entirely trust IPMI to be left switched on if I was running a server.

Many of them can never be effectively disabled regardless of what settings you choose.

Still okay as long as you keep them on a separate, internal network with no attackers on it though. You're already screwed if attackers have physical access.
billysweird

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:01:44 AM

what is the difference between mintpal.com?
zneww

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:52:02 PM

what is the difference between mintpal.com?

This is not an exchange?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:49:11 PM

As always, BitSimple takes security seriously so even our temporary server is 100% dedicated (no VPS or backdoor super admin accounts) and I personally installed the OS and configured the BIOS remotely over IPMI.

I read this paper once

IPMI access is on a private VLAN behind a dedicated hardware firewall.  You are right IPMI should never be on a public untrusted connection.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: