Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:10:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing BitSimple. A simpler way to buy and sell bitcoins.  (Read 14325 times)
birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:17:22 PM

I have the same problem lysdexic had.  I started bank verification a couple of weeks ago and never got the trial deposits.  Tried online chat and gave up, no response after four minutes.  Phone call diverted to voice mail after a while.
Can't see any way to restart the bank verification process.
DeathAndTaxes:  I sent you a PM with my bitsimple username.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:24:56 PM

I have the same problem lysdexic had.  I started bank verification a couple of weeks ago and never got the trial deposits.  Tried online chat and gave up, no response after four minutes.  Phone call diverted to voice mail after a while.
Can't see any way to restart the bank verification process.
DeathAndTaxes:  I sent you a PM with my bitsimple username.

Issues with support chat should be resolved.   I forwarded the PM to support.  In the future I would recommend using the BitSimple_Support account here on Bitcointalk as it is monitored by multiple people and my personal account is not.

Gerald
BitSimple_Support (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

BitSimple. A simpler way to buy and sell bitcoins.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

Our pricing model continually adjusts to reflect supply, demand, and volatility.  Currently our ask is only $430.98 making BitSimple the best deal for buying Bitcoins.  That is more than 2,300 bits to the dollar.   Remember there are no additional trading fees above our quotes rates.  Payment is by bank wire and you can receive your coins, in your wallet the same day usually in about an hour.

RockHound

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:04:48 PM

Thanks for the updates!

Have you guys opened accounts for International Bitcoiners yet?

From UK and have been acquiring BTC from a traditional exchange based in Europe for over a year. It currently takes 4-5 days for me to complete a transaction. This period largely due to my bank sending IMT from UK to Slovenia.

Once verified on Bitsimple, if I lock-in a deal with you guys, then send/IMT GBP over to you, once you process/clear my funds - How long do you estimate this will take?

Can you guys tell me who is your USA banking partner and a note on exchange rates (retail or corporate)?

Best regards,

RH
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:22:33 AM

It pains me to say this, as I've been an outspoken supporter — in the past, BitSimple would have accurately been described as a site which just works.

Here is my current experience:

An unexpected emergency has occurred and I needed USD. I transferred and sold Ƀ at BitSimple today, as I've done many times, and elected to wire out to my bank, which I've also done many times here. This usually takes around an hour or so; I never paid much attention because it was always quick. The transfer completed according to the UI and the timestamp is before the cutoff by about 15 minutes. I've also gotten this close to the cutoff before, which contributed to my confidence in BitSimple.

It's been several hours, however, and I haven't seen anything in my bank account.

Ok. So I email support, but that promises to take a day or so.

So I try live chat, and watch my as the Desk help window timer ticks up to 18 minutes waiting for a reply. (It says "we will be with you shortly" the whole time.)

So I call the phone number for support, which says something about being redirected and a grasshopper—idk, automated service I guess—and then immediately get a voicemail saying they're closed, but nothing about what hours they're *open*.

It's the weekend now. There will be no bank movement if it hasn't happened already. This is extremely bad for personal reasons, as I live very much on 99.9% Ƀ, and those are secured via a multisig arrangement that I cannot access for reasons related to the emergency. Thus, this amount WAS my emergency fund.

I imagine the amount wasn't initiated on time on BitSimple's end. We can discuss that issue later, but right now I need someone from BitSimple to push me the funds ASAP. PayPal is pretty much our only option right now. It's not a good one but that's life. Push me the funds via PayPal and cancel the Wire, which I assume is now scheduled for Monday.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 01:44:33 AM

It is after 8PM Eastern so there is no active support at the current time, we don't have or promise 24/7 support.  I will however have someone contact you by email to make arrangements.  There was a delay which prevented the wire from going out the same day.  To give us a larger window to avoid this in the future I have changed the cutoff time from 5PM Eastern to 4PM Eastern.  If possible the wire will be cancelled and you can make an alternate withdraw request by PayPal.
FenixRD

Activity: 364

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 02:02:48 AM

It is after 8PM Eastern so there is no active support at the current time, we don't have or promise 24/7 support.  I will however have someone contact you by email to make arrangements.  There was a delay which prevented the wire from going out the same day.  To give us a larger window to avoid this in the future I have changed the cutoff time from 5PM Eastern to 4PM Eastern.  If possible the wire will be cancelled and you can make an alternate withdraw request by PayPal.

Not a massive deal, you guys have always been great, and infinitely better than Coinbase. The panicky situation of not knowing and having struggles with support (again, just not *knowing* -- aka, what are the hours, that kind of thing) is my only beef here.

Changing it to say 4 PM EST is a perfect solution. (No one will ever complain if it magically goes through a little after the cutoff!) Thanks for the quick reply. How long will it take to roll back my account so that I can request the after-hours PayPal transaction?

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
oddree

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:27:22 PM

Not sure if this thread is monitored by support, but if so - could someone look into a "stuck" transaction for me?

I sold some BTC for USD on 5/28/2014 (TID# 10066079) in the amount of $32.85.  It's been in USD pending ever since.  I don't understand why the exchange would ever reach this state.  Shouldn't it immediately go into USD available?  I cannot find any indication on your site on how long it will stay there.  Perhaps it's a mistake?  Or perhaps there are not enough USD in the bank to cover the transaction?  :-)

Thanks!
oddree

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:17:08 PM

Hey, whoever fixed that -- thank you!  ;-)
QuantumQrack

Activity: 337

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:33:00 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 03:41:10 PM by QuantumQrack

Does the Sell Address change every time to a new address after you send funds to it?  Or does it always stay the same?

Update June 10th:
Well, apparently the answer is no.  

Second update, June 10th:
I guess they are going to try and implement unique sell addresses.  :-)
BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:52:49 PM

With a rush of large buyers depleting our Bitcoin reserves, we want your coins and have improved the price offered for your coins.  Remember our exchange rate is what you receive.  We never charge a deposit or trading fee.  Make your withdraw request by Bank Wire (4PM EST cutoff) or PayPal (8PM EST cutoff), and receive them the same day.

justforbtc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:51:36 PM

When will BitSimple be open to the public?

BitSimple is currently open to US residents (excluding residents in CA, NY, and VA).  Access for international residents will be added in the next few days.

Open for people outside US now?
BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

BitSimple was subject to a denial of service attack and extortion attempt this morning from roughly 7:30 AM Eastern to 10:30 AM Eastern.  Connectivity has been temporarily been restored although load on the server is still high.  There was no risk of lost or stolen coins as we  maintain a 100% cold wallet at all times.  Our watching wallet operates from a different server and was unaffected, it properly recorded timestamps and exchange rates of exchanges despite the website being unavailable.

We are continuing to monitor the condition and will take additional steps as necessary.

BitSimple Staff

BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:19:32 PM

Update:

We have null routed non-essential sites (including tangiblecryptography.com ) as we investigate the attack.  Users may notice a delay of up to 5 seconds when first accessing BitSimple created by the DDOS mitigation put in place.  As part of the DDOS measures some IP addresses have been blacklisted.  If your IP address is blacklisted and you believe it is in error please contact support. Users should access the site directly from the url https://bitsimple.com.  If you notice any errors please log out of your BitSimple account and then login again.  If you continue to experience problems please contact support at https://support.bitsimple.com or by email at support@bitsimple.com

Thank You,
BitSimple Staff

BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:08:36 PM

Need your funds quicker?

BitSimple now offers next day ACH as a withdraw option.  There is a fee of $12.99 per withdraw but funds will post to your bank the following business day if the request is made by 7PM Eastern.  Requests made after 7PM, on a banking holiday, or on a weekend will be processed the next business day and will post one business day later.

Standard ACH (3-4 business days) will continue to be available at no cost.

BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:53:06 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 09:06:58 PM by BitSimple_Support

BitSimple ( https://bitsimple.com ) now supports US residents in the state of CA and NY.  What better timing if you are looking to sell some Bitcoins.  Our rate is dynamic based on available supply and demand and subject to change at anytime.  At the time of the post we are offering $581 per BTC, better than Coinbase ($580.72 after trading fees) and comparable to BitStamp ($585 or $570 after withdraw fee).  Remember the price quoted is the price paid; BitSimple never charges an exchange or trading fee. 

psjw4450

Activity: 342

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:07:44 PM

Anyone able to help on online chat.  I have been waiting for close to 10 minutes.  Thanks. 
BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 04:01:14 PM

Anyone able to help on online chat.  I have been waiting for close to 10 minutes.  Thanks. 

Chat is online and there is at least one rep standing by.  I am not sure why you had an issue connecting.  If the problem continues please send me a PM or an email to support@bitsimple.com.

Jeryx

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:21:57 PM

I wanted a way to exchange BTC for USD that didnt involve sending my ID and Soc# off (no one gets that number, period). Bitsimple sounded too good to be true, but the replies I've seen by their support staff in this thread made me think they were worth a chance, so I gave them one.

I signed up, verified paypal (wasnt giving them my bank info) and moved a tiny amount of coin through them. 2 hours later it was in my paypal. So then I moved a whole bitcoin through them, which is also now sitting in paypal. All within a few hours. Now I need to wait a week to get it from PP to my bank! I wanted to ask how long it normally takes, as someone had an unanswered open question on their support page for over a month. I tried the live chat and went 40 minutes waiting for someone to "be with me soon..." that I gave up when I saw the payment go through.

My one caution is about the withdrawal fee. Theres no warning of how it actually works, but it is subtracted from the amount you withdraw, not added to it. My initial deposit converted to $15 and change, and when Iw ent to withdraw it there was a 30 cent fee. I had over $15.30 so went ahead. What actually happened was it sent $14.70 to my paypal. A minor annoyance to be sure but if anyone from Bitsimple reads this, you might want to put a "total to be sent" field on that page so people can take the fee into account when choosing how much to pull out. Knowing this when I went to withdraw the whole coin worth, I just withdrew all available.

So a fairly big (for me anyway) transaction went off without a hitch. I wont say you can trust these guys blindly and their support section needs some work and attention, but the service itself seems fairly solid and worth a chance. You certainly have less to lose than one of the sites that demand your soc#. I've not tried to verify my bank info but I'll be doing that soon to skip PP in the future.
BitSimple_Support (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 11:46:23 PM

Thank you for the feedback.  I have made a note to have the withdraw page clearly indicate the fee (if any) will be deducted from the amount withdrawn.  I don't see why it can't also who the "net amount".  You asked how long it will take to get funds from PayPal to your bank.  PayPal uses ACH so it isn't going to be any faster or slower than any other ACH.  Depending on the timing it is usually three to four business days (excluding weekends and bank holidays like the 4th of July). 

Making an ACH withdraw directly from BitSimple is cheaper (normal ACH has no withdraw fee) and if you need funds faster our bank processor offers overnight ACH for a nominal fee.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: