Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:11:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simalarities with bitcoin and the introduction of the internet  (Read 186 times)
simongoat (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 01:42:40 PM

When the internet was first came out there was a lot of big discussion about it. Its rubbish, it'll never work, its brilliant its going to change everything, its just a fad etc. Then one day we all started using it like it had been there all our lives. And now we can't imagine living without it.

Bitcoin and blockchain is seems to be following the same route. There's so much big discussion about cryptocurrencies but with scaling issues looking light they might be solved (with some currencies) and new blockchain platforms coming into the market could it be as early as next year when the big discussions cease and we all use the technology likes its always been there?

Today I bought something in a London market and said to the store holder you should take bitcoin and she said, 'yes it could be the future of money'. Then I bumped into someone I know and they said exactly the same thing after I mentioned something about bitcoin. This is a significant change in tone because even 4 months ago people usually said, its scam, its a bubble, be careful, I wouldn't invest in that etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 01:48:42 PM

The point is that the blockchain technology is a very innovative technology in the last decade just like the internet was some decades back.So millenials are actually lucky to see this era and can invest in it before it is too late.I have also always maintained the same stance that the blockchain technology is like the internet some decades back

cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:00:30 PM

Many people compare this with the way Internet was getting traction. Although we could all be discarding ourselves here I must say that I agree with your statement that many people look at it differently.  Many more people know about it and have done a transaction or are looking for ways to jump on board. Whether we will call it bitcoin or another cryptocurrency we can be sure that cryptocurrency is here to stay for the future and is something most of the people will be comfortable using.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:26:13 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 02:58:22 PM by butka

When the internet was first came out there was a lot of big discussion about it. Its rubbish, it'll never work, its brilliant its going to change everything, its just a fad etc.
Not only that people thought it was rubbish. People were convinced that the internet won't be able to scale. Indeed, at the beginning of the internet, the infrastructure was weak to support even transfer of larger files. And today, we see live streaming of movies in high resolution.
I believe similar future awaits Bitcoin. Today, everybody is concerned about blockchain scaling. But hopefully, when needed, Bitcoin's infrastructure will scale similarly to the way internet did.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:35:04 PM

When the internet was first came out there was a lot of big discussion about it. Its rubbish, it'll never work, its brilliant its going to change everything, its just a fad etc. Then one day we all started using it like it had been there all our lives. And now we can't imagine living without it.

Bitcoin and blockchain is seems to be following the same route. There's so much big discussion about cryptocurrencies but with scaling issues looking light they might be solved (with some currencies) and new blockchain platforms coming into the market could it be as early as next year when the big discussions cease and we all use the technology likes its always been there?

Today I bought something in a London market and said to the store holder you should take bitcoin and she said, 'yes it could be the future of money'. Then I bumped into someone I know and they said exactly the same thing after I mentioned something about bitcoin. This is a significant change in tone because even 4 months ago people usually said, its scam, its a bubble, be careful, I wouldn't invest in that etc.

That's exactly what happens when something ahead of its time gets introduced in the market. People thinks it is rubbish, then starts looking into it because others are doing it and then they finally accepts it. That's the normal acceptability graph of any new thing, be it a technology or any revolutionary product.

I want to cite a very famous quote by the most respectable freedom fighter of India, Mahatma Gandhi here. He said, "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you and then you win". Blockchain technology is going through this particular phase at this moment. Banks around the world understand that fact that blockchain is the future in financial transactions, but since it posses a significant risk to their business, they are fighting against it and pressurizing the governments not to adopt it.

I am sure, one day will come, when only blockahin technology will be used for any financial transaction. It won't happen within a year or two, but gradually it will happen over next 10-15 years.  

nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:47:14 PM

I believe bitcoin is having some similarities with internet in terms of acceptance and use. When internet was first introduced; it had much challenges in terms of data transfer and other negative speculations on the part of users. however; most people have now accepted it as a best exchange of information so bitcoin would be in some few years
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:54:50 PM

It's not just with the internet that bitcoin and the blockchain show similarities. In fact, it shares them with every single piece of fundamental technology, like computers, mobile phones, cars, trains. No one would use the early versions, and people actually had a hard time understanding what was the purpose of those things. Now they can't live without them.

I do agree it shares mo similarities with the internet, specially because of the .com bubble, where a lot of services appeared and they eventually disappeared because there was a lot of hype around it, and most of them were useless. I think that will be the same with most of alts, and only very solid ones will be able to survive.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:07:49 PM

bitcoin is a huge revolution in economy and the way money has always been like. money has always been a centralized thing that is created by the government then came along bitcoin which was decentralized, had a fixed supply and was different from everything we knew so far.
like any other revolutions it will face resistance, it will be called names such as fraud, scam, bubble,... and there will be a lot of obituaries for it too! but in the end the revolution is going to happen and there is nothing stopping it so we better get on board and adapt soon.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Genamant

Activity: 730

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:09:51 PM

People are afraid of change. People are afraid of something new. They will always look for mistakes and eventually breaking it betore it starts. And they will impose what they want and when the time comes that they need the technilogy they will do whatever they want to be in their favor

muddy waters

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:14:27 PM

Bitcoin and blockchain is seems to be following the same route.

Although bitcoin and the Internet are really decentralized, they pursue different goals.
The Internet has evolved mainly into an infrastructure for an unlimited number of applications and traffic, such as e-mail. On the other hand, bitcoin has a very specific and narrow main task - it is a "digital currency based on the peer-to-peer network", as Satoshi Nakamoto wrote.
Ultimately, most of the services using bitcoin are designed to provide a more effective achievement of its main goal as a means of exchange.
The functional of blockchain network is rapidly growing - such achievements are on a scale beyond modern financial infrastructure.

mrtryonebiggums

Activity: 322
Merit: 111

Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:19:22 PM

The reason for the paradigm shift is likely due to people getting educated on Bitcoin. Now you have multiple documentaries like Banking on Bitcoin and Bitcoin:Beyond the bubble which will only add credibility to our cause. That combined with the fact people have the internet and they can learn for themselves about Bitcoin, are likely the two driving factors for this shift. Wait another 24 months and people will be wanting Bitcoin to be worldwide currency.

daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:52:03 PM

The world economy needs change. Present blockchain technology offers those changes. Many people have doubts about the technology of bitcoin, but now they are convinced that bitcoin and its technology can withstand the negative news about it. There may still be many who have not joined the bitcoin yet and later they will get regret because now people have started to adapt to use blockchain and bitcoin technology. It will make people become accustomed to transact using bitcoin, the ease of bitcoin management that only requires an internet access becomes the main thing why people become enjoying the practicality of the transaction.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:05:38 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 04:17:45 PM by European Central Bank

https://twitter.com/paulg/status/896815063075618817

this is always an area that interests me. how far along are we? will the process be faster, slower or pivot into becoming something we haven't even thought of yet?

one thing you notice when you study both is how predictable the sea change in attitudes is. it's a very steady curve that'll gain in speed. we'll look back at the proclamations of death and 'drug money' and see that they were just as laughable the internet being killed off by a resurgent fax machine.

the thing i'm really interested to witness is this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September

if that occurs, or maybe we're in the early stages of it right now, then things will become insane.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:06:54 PM

The way I see it is that the internet is different from bitcoin but bitcoin can't do without internet. The internet facilitates the bitcoin transaction and this is the similarity.
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:50:42 PM

Bitcoin and blockchain is the next generation of internet 2.0 or what we called the next big thing! Everything that we have now is useless coz we are entering the next chapter of our life and that is going to happen very soon!
Lucas Riley

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:04:12 PM

When the internet came out they said it was the playground of terrorists, money launderers and drug dealers. Sound familiar?
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:45:48 PM

It's true I also feel that bitcoin is a bubble but a bitcoin bubble always rises in price every year or its value, and I firmly believe that bitcoin is the money of the future.
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 11:01:03 PM

good development, I think if we often give to a public explanation about the big benefits of bitcoin, then we will hear more positive tone about bitcoin from the public. they will realize that bitcoin is the solution of the economic crisis.

with internet facilities and a blockchain system, they will work together to stabilize the system, so in the end, bitcoin is admitted as a currency that based solution of life.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
perfryan

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:05:26 PM

Bitcoin actually is an exploit against the network complexity
Not the financial networks,or computer networks,or social networks
He network themselves.just like the internet,bitcoin is changing the way people
To interact.The scammers or the theft is on the internet theresome chance
That the currency could be stolen.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:17:32 PM

It's true, when something is very new, many people become suspicious about it at the beginning, what is healthy as we must be cautious and responsible about unknown things at first point. Many people said BTC was a Ponzi scheme, a scam, a hype... And then Bitcoin is still here after a decade, overcoming all the imposed challenges.

People are seeing this, so they start elaborating a new opinion about Bitcoin, now it really seems Bitcoin can be "the future of money", day after day there are more real chances it can happen, as BTC have already proved it came to stay. And this similarity can be found in many other inventions too, like television, cellphone, electric light bulb, etc... People didn't believe on these inventions at first point, but they were sucessful on long term!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print