Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:23:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinBase now The Next Mt Gox????? BS  (Read 1180 times)
Kuroth (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 01:15:09 PM

I am sorry but crap like this don't fly with me...     This is Bull Shit

From CoinBase..

Delays in Bank Transfers from Buys & Sells
Last Updated: Nov 18, 2013 07:55PM PST   
Some users have reported that they are experiencing a delay in receiving their payouts from selling bitcoin, or a delay in receiving their bitcoin after purchasing. In some cases a sell is listed as "Complete", but the funds have not yet arrived in their bank account, or a bitcoin buy is listed as "Complete", but the bitcoin has not yet arrived in their Coinbase account.

There was a delay in communicating ACH transfers to the bank, so payouts from the last week may be delayed for two or three days. If you've bought or sold bitcoin sometime in the last week, you may be affected by this delay.

Apologies for any issues this causes - thanks for your patience with this!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pilardi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:03:11 PM

No, coinbase is not the next mtgox.  Not even close. 

This past week, all exchanges have been overloaded, and coinbase handled it pretty well. 

I sold some bitcoins on coinbase on 11/18 and the dollars showed up in my bank account on 11/22.  It took 4 days instead of the normal 2 days.  Not bad for one of the biggest trading weeks in bitcoin history.

Mtgox hasn't had reliable withdrawals for months.  If coinbase starts doing that then you can call it the next mtgox, but it's not even close to that.

Kuroth (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 03:04:18 PM

If it walks like a Duck, it is a ...

pilardi

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:10:43 PM

I don't see anything walking like a duck here.

Have you tried withdrawing from coinbase?  When?  How long has it been delayed? 

Kuroth (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 03:12:36 PM

I am assuming you work for them and are on damage control?

silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:17:04 PM

I sold some coins on 11/15 at coinbase, was supposed to get the ACH transfer on 11/19, it showed up on 11/21.  4 business days instead of 2.  It was acceptable to me given the crazy action we've had lately.  Also I liked that on 11/18 they said that they were going to be delayed a few days, which was accurate, no black hole.

They said we will be a few days late, and they were only a few days late.

No complaints here so far.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:23:09 PM

If it was just a delay, I would say no big deal... but considering all the problems people including me have had with them canceling orders as the price was rising, I would say they are worse than Mt Gox.  Angry
pilardi

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:22:25 AM

Kuroth, your assumption is wrong.  I am a customer who has had several successful transactions and no problems.  I came to Coinbase after many problems with mtgox and am satisfied with the service so far, especially this past week, when many exchanges were have problems staying up.

Apparently other people have had problems.  I'm just not one of them.  I'm just trying to provide another prospective.  Your mileage may vary.
Mattzees

Activity: 121

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:09:45 AM

I sold some BTC last week, and was told I'd have the $$$ in my bank account by Tuesday.  It showed up on Monday.  No probs so far.  I'm also not doing any kind of high-volume.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:15:28 AM

To be honest you are the poster who looks most like a shill here.  Not saying you are... But he's making way more sense.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:18:26 AM

Accusing random people of doing damage control as employees for a popular company makes you, not others look bad.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:47:28 AM

I've sold maybe 25 large in the past 3 weeks or so through them.  So far all of my deposits have occurred on-time, and some before the estimated deposit date.  So far, so good.  Hope it lasts.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
posormo

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:14:58 PM

pfffft, gox is way smoother than coinbase.   Those ass pirates have cancelled 3 transactions on me when the price moved against them.  Amazingly, my purchases have all gone through when the price was in their favor.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:30:13 PM

pfffft, gox is way smoother than coinbase.   Those ass pirates have cancelled 3 transactions on me when the price moved against them.  Amazingly, my purchases have all gone through when the price was in their favor.

Depends on the situation.  Mt. Gox has been sitting on my wire for more than a quarter.  That's not my idea of 'smooth'.  I'm not even all that unhappy about this, but I am rather pissed that Mt. Gox told me things which were certainly untrue about expected timings of the problem resolution.

Coinbase, OTOH, has been working very well and very smoothly for me as I mentioned.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:23:25 PM

Depends on the situation.  Mt. Gox has been sitting on my wire for more than a quarter.  That's not my idea of 'smooth'.  I'm not even all that unhappy about this, but I am rather pissed that Mt. Gox told me things which were certainly untrue about expected timings of the problem resolution.

Coinbase, OTOH, has been working very well and very smoothly for me as I mentioned.

I think it's funny that people on here are complaining about their fraud management.  Every single ACTUAL financial institution in the real world has fraud management.

Welcome to reality.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:00:54 PM

I think it's funny that people on here are complaining about their fraud management.  Every single ACTUAL financial institution in the real world has fraud management.

Welcome to reality.

What is annoying to me is that I'm sqeeky clean so If my problems with Mt. Gox are associated with fraud detection, it isn't working.  But it's actually probably not associated with this.  It's almost certainly a result of maladies in our legal and corporate financial system impacting Mt. Gox and the fall-out being felt by me.  That likely in part being an artifact of Peter Vessenes attempts to reach his hand into Karpeles pocket.

fuggedit

Activity: 126

Do as I say to do--But don't. (Mind Blown)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 02:48:33 PM

What is wrong lately with Coinbase? When I first started buiying btc in june it was easy and relatively reliable. Now it is a sham. What gives?

danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:26:23 PM

What is wrong lately with Coinbase? When I first started buiying btc in june it was easy and relatively reliable. Now it is a sham. What gives?
It's not a sham.  You're seeing 10-15 people posting about their bad experiences, but they have HUNDREDS of customers EVERY DAY!

I've had only good experiences with Coinbase, and I've had 50+ purchases.

redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:02:13 AM

It's not a sham.  You're seeing 10-15 people posting about their bad experiences, but they have HUNDREDS of customers EVERY DAY!

+1

The vocal minority always makes it look like the sky is falling, especially on this site.  Hysteria is the norm, EVERYBODY, CALM THE FUCK DOWN!  Coinbase is fine.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:48:33 AM

It's not a sham.  You're seeing 10-15 people posting about their bad experiences, but they have HUNDREDS of customers EVERY DAY!

+1

The vocal minority always makes it look like the sky is falling, especially on this site.  Hysteria is the norm, EVERYBODY, CALM THE FUCK DOWN!  Coinbase is fine.
I totally agree with this. I believe that Olaf said that if anyone's purchase price was locked in, it really was locked in, even if the transaction itself was cancelled for "fraud detection."

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: