Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:47:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Monero on supportxmr.com pool with only 703 h/s will I ever get a payout?  (Read 154 times)
confusedpanda (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:17:51 PM

So I know that my hash rate is almost non-existant compared to the total hashrate of 98mh/s of the pool so I am not expecting much, but will I get anything at all? I have noticed that the pool has mined a few blocks since I started. I have also been mining for several hours which is more than the 2 hour payout period. Does the pool server just keep tabs of how much I have earned and then only pays it out when it is above the minimum payout limit, or if my hashrate is too low to meet the minimum then I get nothing? Finally, will I see my balance in my Monereo GUI wallet? When can I expect to see my balance change from 0 to something positive no matter how small? As a first time miner, I just need some sort of confirmation that I've done this correctly and will actually get a payout sometime soonish. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:44:01 PM

You will get paid. There is a lag for blocks to be processed. You won’t see XMR show up in your wallet until you pass the payout limit of 0.3 XMR or 0.1 (if you lower it).
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:55:32 PM

So I know that my hash rate is almost non-existant compared to the total hashrate of 98mh/s of the pool so I am not expecting much, but will I get anything at all? I have noticed that the pool has mined a few blocks since I started. I have also been mining for several hours which is more than the 2 hour payout period. Does the pool server just keep tabs of how much I have earned and then only pays it out when it is above the minimum payout limit, or if my hashrate is too low to meet the minimum then I get nothing? Finally, will I see my balance in my Monereo GUI wallet? When can I expect to see my balance change from 0 to something positive no matter how small? As a first time miner, I just need some sort of confirmation that I've done this correctly and will actually get a payout sometime soonish. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
You'd be better to use miningpoolhub they have a lower payout also if you want to switch to a different coin to mine that's more profitable you can auto exchange it to xmr to add to the balance you have from mining
confusedpanda (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:39:44 PM

You will get paid. There is a lag for blocks to be processed. You won’t see XMR show up in your wallet until you pass the payout limit of 0.3 XMR or 0.1 (if you lower it).

Ok thanks, that's good to know. Do I lower it to 0.1 with a command line switch? How do I lower it? Thanks.

You'd be better to use miningpoolhub they have a lower payout also if you want to switch to a different coin to mine that's more profitable you can auto exchange it to xmr to add to the balance you have from mining

Different coin that is more profitable? How would I know which was more profitable? I thought Monero wold be most profitable as it is ASIC resistant and has not many miners compared to many other coins? What other coins are more profitable for my little GPU?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: