Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:20:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it my impression or media is biased towards bad news ?  (Read 3144 times)
doodle07

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:30:38 AM

I'm convinced that media is being used to destroy bitcoin and other cryptocurrency because it is a big threat and competition to banks, governments too have the fear because they are not getting any tax from it. But in this situation I am hopeful that they can accept and deal with bitcoin in the right way.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tornadocrazy

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:54:52 AM

Do you think the media is trying to destroy Bitcoin and cryptocurrency ? I think they show 95% of the times only bad news. Why is this happening ?

I believe they got this rule written in red capital letters in the newsroom "BAD NEWS SELL."
The media are all about bad news. People are interested in bad news because bad news are useful for survival, while good news are meaningless... Knowing that, I never take news too serious.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:08:35 AM

Its obvious that the media is bent towards negative news bu I have seen some positive news too. I feel most of the non techno media doesnt know what to shout out and what is bluff. That is the real issue right now.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:14:06 AM

This is very true, the MASS MEDIA OUTLETS are all biased towards negative news and remember that they are controlled and manipulated by the Elites who can move the market in any direction they choose. I bet once they initiate a bull run lol you will hear tons of FOMO and good news coming out suddenly to make people follow them and buy so they can dump on new victims on the way down form a new All-Time High.  Grin Grin Anyway this time I hope to be more ready than last January so not in a rush for that to happen just yet.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:28:25 AM

Do you think the media is trying to destroy Bitcoin and cryptocurrency ?
No.

I think they show 95% of the times only bad news.
It's the same on other subjects, nobody wants to read good news, and nobody buys a newspaper filled with good news.

Why is this happening ?
Bad news sells!

Oh, you are so right I just realized it now. Even on television if all of the new's TV contain's only good new's there is no one want's to watch it but also everyday there is more bad things that happen than good things.  Smiley

But I still believe that some of the media are bias, here in my country there are 2 channel of news and the one clearly shows that they are bias.
rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:32:49 AM

This work is done by big players , They spread the bad news and people got panic and big investors buys at such dips.
CeyCrypteon

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:06:13 AM

When media is discussed regarding financial situations they focus one taking ideas from high ranking individuals and sources in the financial sector and most of them are traditional  and against decentralized and uncontrollable assets like cryptocurrencies due to the negative impact and financial crisis they might gain from the uprising from such systems and that is why they always give bad information to the media regarding Bitcoin and cryptocurrency

hyipplus

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:15:06 AM

Do you think the media is trying to destroy Bitcoin and cryptocurrency ? I think they show 95% of the times only bad news. Why is this happening ?
I think this is very obvious that media and mass media is a property of government usually so they are representing the interests of it, and if the government of country is feeling negative towards cryptocurrency than of course Media will tell you only bad news about it.
ASHANABEY

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:49:01 AM

The media is bad I agree but they are controlled by politics and major financial organizations who are against Bitcoin and that is the reason for this to happen so we see more and more negative news and bad information that convincing the people about the darker side of cryptocurrencies which is really bad for the future of cryptocurrencies

euronine897

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:21:27 PM

What we see and hear what banks and governments wants to say about Bitcoin but not the truth that brings a huge bad impact on bitcoin's future but every crypto community has failed to provide a proper solution to overcome these accusations and if this continues it will be really dangerous for the crypto world

iotarocket

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:24:59 PM

I agree with this to a degree, and I think negative press generally sells, so it is a default position to a technology so poorly understood. But Brian Kelly of CNBC has said some very positive things about bitcoin, and slowly the media is warming up to it.
Nahid Alom

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:25:25 PM

yes, there are so many people who want to tarnish the name of bitcoin, it is not impossible that tarnished the name of the bitcoin is its own compatriots (other crypto money), they dare to do that because of competition problems. Angry
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:30:32 PM

Sad to say, most of the media today are not reliable. Some can easily be monopolized or can be manipulated by few crocodiles for their selfish intentions.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:32:39 PM

It is not the fault of the media to always be the tell bearer of bad news concerning cryptocurrency but it is the impression that the government and the people in the financial authority have created already. Some of the bad news are sponsored.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
thebanker28

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:33:38 PM

As the mantra goes "If it bleeds, it leads!"

Media is biased towards sensational stories. I am not sure they care one way or another about BTC - bit its probably easier for them to find some talking heads who are ready to bash BTC.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Nakakapagpabagabag

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:34:11 PM

I guess media is the most importantly responsible for such a critical situation of bitcoin and they are solely responsible for the deflation in the valuation of bitcoin, I think they are the people who are spreading negative rumours about bitcoin and portraying a negative image of bitcoin in front of its people and it’s inv are now considering bitcoin a scam and thus media is responsible for discouraging people from not to invest in bitcoin.
We know that media is runs by big time businessman, so its surely that they will go bias on bitcoin, because bitcoin is a great threat to fiat money. Media's are bias on the thing that will not benefits them or against what they're believing. So before believing, i suggest that search for reliable source for you to be not deceived by wrong speculations because it will lead to wrong information.  

MinerFTW

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:49:23 PM

There is almost no free media on this planet. And when the owners of world banks and media are the same, the results are there. That's why I totally agree with you, and I think the media deliberately try to corrupt the crypto world.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████  █████
██
▓███████████████  █  ████████████▓
█████████  ██           ██  ███████
▄█████  ████████  ██████  ███████████▄
████████    ████  ██████  ██  ████████
████████████████  ███ ██  ███         
██████     ████     ████████████████
████████████████  ███ ██████   ██     
▀███████    ████  ███████████████████▀
█████  ████████  ████████████  █████
████████  ██      ████████████████
██████████████████████████  ████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████  ████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FRELDO
Token sales
[ WP ]
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:48:53 AM

I think both the reasons are responsible for the negative influence of the bitcoin but the media is more responsible for such a condition of bitcoin, as we all know that bitcoin is a volatile crypto currency so it’s valu keeps on flactuation with time and I think there should no problem with this because ups and downs are the two pillars of every investment but what media doing is portraying a negative publicity of bitcoin and only highlighting the valuation of bitcoin when it is low and thus negatively influencing investors.
Adeforever

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:58:59 AM

It's has been a custom of the media house to always release bad news to gain attention of people towards then but on the other hands it soon both bad and good to bitcoin. Bcos those that read the news will always av intention of making more research to know for sure if d information is genuine and those that refuse to read only carry the grapevine for head and start disseminating it that bitcoin is scam
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:32:00 AM

yes you are right some media try to make traders panic and try to make the price of bitcoin very cheap because when there is bad news many people will sell it at very cheap prices and it is terrible because it can make a lot of people get losses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: