Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm receiving merit abuse reports in my talk merit ticketing system.  (Read 247 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 03:28:59 PM

I'd like to be able to pass these onto a mod, or to someone who is able to research them. I've got a lot of boards on ignore, so I can't do it.
Is there a mod who would be prepared to accept these tickets?

The ticketing system is really for people wanting to appeal my decision to place them on ignore.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:28:37 PM

I'd like to be able to pass these onto a mod, or to someone who is able to research them. I've got a lot of boards on ignore, so I can't do it.

The ticketing system is really for people wanting to appeal my decision to place them on ignore.

Hey Jet Cash,

Could you not email them and ask them to put it on a thread in the meta section like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2896910.0

Unless it's a merit source "selling" merit, it's not something a mod/admin should enforce but more a community enforceable act IMO.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 04:31:38 PM

Yes, but some of them are concerned about making public statements in case they are wrong.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 04:33:38 PM

Send it to a DT member who has the time to go through all of the tickets and tag the appropriate ones? And even if the people who reported are concerned about, just make sure that they remain anonymous by removing their name out..

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:40:54 PM

Yes, but some of them are concerned about making public statements in case they are wrong.

Advise them to make alts to post the information with a username on the alt account that is completely different from their own (the use of alt accounts to whistleblow isn't really a trust violation).

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:13:35 PM

Send it to a DT member who has the time to go through all of the tickets and tag the appropriate ones? And even if the people who reported are concerned about, just make sure that they remain anonymous by removing their name out..

Initial time some DT member also has been involved in merit farming but still many people miss to red tag them since they are in DT list. I hope instead of finding the non power people.
Best he can do like finding the most powerful people who using it wrong to grab the merits soon.

I see the thread created by Hilarious meta for finding the merit abusers. He already doing best job there.
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:12:14 PM

You could make a thread in Reputation and ask. Or you could post in killyou72's merit abuse thread.

Mods don't deal with that....

Advise them to make alts to post the information with a username on the alt account that is completely different from their own (the use of alt accounts to whistleblow isn't really a trust violation).

Yeah, using a throwaway is fine for this. What are they on about?
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 07:05:59 PM

Why is this thread in service discussion and not in meta? Huh

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:15:38 PM

Why is this thread in service discussion and not in meta? Huh

If its merit abuse by selling merit or trading it then it belongs better here. I could be here, meta, serious discussion or reputation but this makes a bit more sense IMO.
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 09:58:31 PM

If its merit abuse by selling merit or trading it then it belongs better here. I could be here, meta, serious discussion or reputation but this makes a bit more sense IMO.
Can you explain why exactly "merit abusal" comes under service discussion. My mind isn't co-operating with me right now,so do pardon me. Undecided

Initial time some DT member also has been involved in merit farming but still many people miss to red tag them since they are in DT list. I hope instead of finding the non power people.
Best he can do like finding the most powerful people who using it wrong to grab the merits soon.

I see the thread created by Hilarious meta for finding the merit abusers. He already doing best job there.
So you want hilarious&co to check out these reports? Not all DT members are corrupt,if they are they won't be DT members at all. DT members haven't been exactly merit farming,they just didn't want to merit shitposters and they rathered sent it to someone they knew,who are possibly not shitposters and are reputable.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:40:10 PM

Can you explain why exactly "merit abusal" comes under service discussion. My mind isn't co-operating with me right now,so do pardon me. Undecided
Certainly. I'll break this down a bit more.
1. Selling merit is a service, a black market service maybe but still a service.
2. This thread is discussing said service as to how to send reports against the services in question is it not?
pugman
Legendary

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:40:03 PM

1. Selling merit is a service, a black market service maybe but still a service.
2. This thread is discussing said service as to how to send reports against the services in question is it not?
Alrighy,but one thing: Merit abusal doesn't necessarily mean buying and selling of merits(are people actually shelling out money on that,that is crazy!). Merit abusal apparently includes exchange of merit between alts/friends/family/god et al.

Jetcash,have you thought about like opening a new thread/posting in existing ones about the merit abuses,all under your name,so that those who are scared of revealing themselves(?) can not be scared anymore.
But honestly,there wouldn't be much reports,and things go in many possible ways,most  of them ending with a waste of time and energy. So probably just let this go. Its only merit afterall,go get some sleep.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:15:05 PM

Alrighy,but one thing: Merit abusal doesn't necessarily mean buying and selling of merits(are people actually shelling out money on that,that is crazy!). Merit abusal apparently includes exchange of merit between alts/friends/family/god et al.
When you "trade" you don't have to buy with money. Services/goods can also be traded for items.

Jetcash,have you thought about like opening a new thread/posting in existing ones about the merit abuses,all under your name,so that those who are scared of revealing themselves(?) can not be scared anymore.

I don't think that's a great idea. At the least, Jet Cash would be used to be an intermediate between arguments. At the most, he would be redded by dt or other members who disapprove of that. It is not his responsibility to post these, it's the users who notice it. And if he gets a lot of reports, it's not like he can go through them all and verify whether they are merit farming or not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: