Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: As a successful trader, how do you cut your loss short?  (Read 10344 times)
Pelevelyl

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:27:09 AM

There is one secret to trading on the market, it is trading on someone else's money. The difficulty is that this money should be attracted from investors.
light22man

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 07:29:31 AM

I think you just need more work on your discipline and don't do moves basic on fear or greed and everything be ok. You need to be confident as trader

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
coingrowth

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:59:48 PM

Buying the coins at dip is the best way we can make a profit in long-term profits so we are in loss at one end we need to find out the dip coins and buy low and sell high
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:32:18 PM

Hello guys please can we share our view as a successful crypto trader how do you cut your loss short??

cut your loss in short, when the markets is going to other directions wich means didn't same with your predictions my friend
and cut it when the price is break the support level,
so, you will minimize the risk

lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:41:21 PM

To cut your loses in trading you should know when to stop. Puting a limit on how much can you lose in trading should one of the rules that you need to put while trading. Being greedy is also not good since it will make profits to more loses as you would want to get back what you have lost or get more profits. One should know that there are days when trading crypto is not good as there days when you will just lose in every transaction that you make.
tondenga2122

Activity: 490
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:59:12 PM

This is why every trader needs to learn Limit stop loss.
If you buy a coin but then it goes down, you already set up a stop loss 5% in the bottom.
This is why your loss will not be more than 5% or even more.

Every trader has its own strategy, and you should find the best that suits to you.
Scor Pio

Activity: 393
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:05:43 AM

first, before i buy any cryptocurrencies or others investments opportunnities
i will make a journal, then, when my predictions is wrong, i have a second scenario
so, i will know what should i do, with the new markets conditions my friend
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:38:55 AM

In the time when the market rate falls sharply, the simplest way to cut losses and preserve my capital is to exchange to USDT then hold. Because USDT is stable at $ 1. Alternatively, it is possible to transfer for potential cryptos as ETH and BTC are also a way to avoid losses if you are holding altcoins.

kangkilokang

Activity: 530

Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:56:28 AM

In the time when the market rate falls sharply, the simplest way to cut losses and preserve my capital is to exchange to USDT then hold. Because USDT is stable at $ 1. Alternatively, it is possible to transfer for potential cryptos as ETH and BTC are also a way to avoid losses if you are holding altcoins.

I am more likely to change it to ethereum because usdt hardly ever experienced a good movement as an asset. If my assets are going through a strong decline, I have to change my mind to see it as a long term, I keep looking for potential sources like ICO and try to focus on potential short-term coins.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  A New Crypto-Payment Platform  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ █   [  Telegram  ]   [   Medium   ]   [   ICO Page   ]   [  Facebook  ]   [ Instagram ]   █ █
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:22:44 AM

Successful entrepreneurs are really admirable. As a successful trader, you have the strategy and the way to cut losses in doing business. Successful investment in bitcoin market - hard coded market.
Casey7

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:49:51 AM

i can not be considered as a successfull trader but i know a few thing that you need to do to cut your losses.
first you must have your own strategy,and put your position.
after you put your position,do not forget to use stop-loss order.
why ? because it's a tool to help you minimize the loss,insert your target into your stop-loss order and wait for it.
if the price goes down to below your level,the order will be executed.
Disagree with using stop loss order. Too many times my stop loss has been hit and then rebounds and as an adjustment I stopped doing that. Now I manually view the markets and don't carry more than 20 coins. If you have more coins than this perhaps you should use stop loss because it will be tough to keep track. If you have less than 20 coins, I feel like you can track them manually everyday and see which ones need cutting.
Yap, cryptocurrency trading and other trading is not the same. Cut loss maybe good way in other trading like forex but its not good decision when we have cryptotrading. Stop loss will just make our capital down and down. Sometime after touch our stop loss then the price rebound specially for good coin. If you invest in well known coin, stop loss is not good suggestion.
BryanK

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:30:57 AM

It was much easier to trade before, against the background of news. Now the market is very unpredictable and it is hard to predict something.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:35:07 AM

The market now is more difficult to trade in because it is continuously going up and down. I suspect there are more experienced traders entering the market, like the ones migrating from the stock exchanges. To cut your losses, buy back when it hits the bottom so future gains will counter those losses

Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:59:36 AM

My strategy in trading is to hold through the bear market and wait for market rebounce. As long as you don’t sell in losses, you are not losing money.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

granchio

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:00:44 PM

Hello guys please can we share our view as a successful crypto trader how do you cut your loss short??

I have been trading with the cryptocurrencies approximately for 1 year, and I don't think it is an easy thing to cut losses rapidly. For me, making decisions very well at the beginning is the most important parameter to cut future losses. 
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:07:55 PM

I am generally bad at intimate trading. I am generally too patient comparing to market and its hard for me to short out. But I learned couple of lessons, if everything drops like -%25 its good time to leave it mate.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
swissgang

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 05:11:35 PM

I think best way to stop losses in a bear market, is moving before everyone and selling coins but that is not much possible or not selling at all or stop loss would be useful if you can use it well.

fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:38:31 PM

Firat i dont understand what do you mean by " cut lose short ? " i hav3 been 8 years as trader starting in forex trading i always recover my lost with averaging and when i entering crypto trading i never use laverage so i never get forced to cut lose. Spot trading is better for me because i wont lose on every trade even i buy at peak i will hold the coin as long as i still trust it and wait for coming back to my buying spot.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:09:12 PM

Firat i dont understand what do you mean by " cut lose short ? " i hav3 been 8 years as trader starting in forex trading i always recover my lost with averaging and when i entering crypto trading i never use laverage so i never get forced to cut lose. Spot trading is better for me because i wont lose on every trade even i buy at peak i will hold the coin as long as i still trust it and wait for coming back to my buying spot.
Holding your coin would be only applied into cryptocurrency trading which you cant done those moves into forex trading and i do see this as an advantage.A successful trader can be classified as a profitable one but it doesnt mean they do able to cut losses anytime where the prices goes to opposite ways this is why theres a stop loss which is really advisable anytime.If you do have a habit on taking up some percentage stop loss then you can really minimize loss.
TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:56:12 PM

There are several advices and methods to avoid a loss that may be small or large scale, and in my opinion who are we to point a north with extreme certainty and the maximum we can do is calculate a situation to try to prove some theory. Particularly I usually observe my day in general or week, when I come one day, bad and stressful week does not have the why and proper to trade indenpendently from the current market this will only bring disruptions and frustrations.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: