Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IT support for BTC idea?  (Read 638 times)
Dimi3h (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:25:58 PM

Hi everybody,

I am pretty new to bitcoin. I have been doing research for about one month now and I have learned a LOT from this forum.
I have invested in 1BTC and am excited about how things will go frome here on. Smiley

I have also been thinking about some ideas to earn bitcoins.

I am an IT support engineer with about 7 years of experience.

Do you guys think there is a potential for a website where I can offer remote IT support (maybe trough TeamViewer) in exchange for bitcoins?

It is just an idea in my head, nothing concrete, but I am very interested in people's opinion about this.

Anyway, great community over here! I will definitely be more active on this forum from now on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:18:26 PM

You could start a small it-support company and accept bitcoin as a payment method! The only problem is that there are lots of online it-supports already. It might be worth a shot though! Smiley
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:01:36 PM

You could start a small it-support company and accept bitcoin as a payment method! The only problem is that there are lots of online it-supports already. It might be worth a shot though! Smiley

Yes but not the kind that accepts bitcoins.
The only problem that comes to my mind is that someone that can pay with bitcoins is probably tech savvy to deal with IT problems.
Dimi3h (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:25:44 PM

The only problem that comes to my mind is that someone that can pay with bitcoins is probably tech savvy to deal with IT problems.

Indeed, that is what I was thinking too Wink I will keep on brainstorming to find something that I can do, where people can reward me with BitCoins.
All ideas are welcome!

Things that I don't want:

• Gamble with my bitcoins
  • Faucets
  • Get people to use my referral links to make money
blacksails

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:34:49 PM

Indeed, that is what I was thinking too Wink I will keep on brainstorming to find something that I can do, where people can reward me with BitCoins.
All ideas are welcome!

Things that I don't want:

• Gamble with my bitcoins
  • Faucets
  • Get people to use my referral links to make money
You could open up a webshop that accepts Bitcoins (if you have anything good to sell, that is!) Smiley
Dimi3h (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:58:32 PM

What about an iBood-like website with one good product day, that can only be bought with BitCoin?

Advantages are: I do not need a lot of product stock, it is a way for people to spend their bitcoins in exchange for goods. The website will be fairly easy to set-up and from there I can see how it goes.

What do you guys think about this idea?
blacksails

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:54:33 PM

What about an iBood-like website with one good product day, that can only be bought with BitCoin?

Advantages are: I do not need a lot of product stock, it is a way for people to spend their bitcoins in exchange for goods. The website will be fairly easy to set-up and from there I can see how it goes.

What do you guys think about this idea?
That could work! Just make sure you offer stuff that bitcoiners want! Smiley
Dimi3h (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:05:26 PM

+ it's easy to adapt the product price to the BTC value of that day.

It's something interesting to think about, but again... will there be a market for it? That is the question...
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:00:33 PM

+ it's easy to adapt the product price to the BTC value of that day.

It's something interesting to think about, but again... will there be a market for it? That is the question...

Well you may create one with proper marketing and promotions etc.
Keep in mind though ,that nowadays with such a meteoric rise in price, people tend to hoard bitcoins because they afraid that they 'll worth twice as much tomorrow  Tongue Tongue
Dimi3h (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:25:57 AM

That's the problem with this currency I think, people want to hold on to it as long as possible. For most people it is more of a long time investment then a currency to spend and exchange... This will only slow down the mainstream adoption process in my opinion. Bitcoin is not stock on the stock market...

Who would want to buy for example a coffee in a shop with their BTC if they almost know for sure the value will double in the coming year?

But I have to admit, I have bought some BTC for exactly that purpose. But idealogically, it's wrong...
PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:38:47 PM

The price will stabilize as adoption increases but we are still far from there  Tongue That's why there are so many hoarders  Undecided
GBGglenn

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:52:57 PM

Could work in the future. But as it is now, i would say that most of the BTC-holders are pretty much PC-"nerds" and would not call a support, they would as every other "nerd" see it as a challenge and try to solve it themselves. With or without help from Google and online forums. Sad

You could give it a shot thought.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: