Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:31:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Altcoin prices often follow Bitcoin price  (Read 2248 times)
Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:10:13 AM

Do they really? I often encounter this statement. And i have no idea as to why. This past few days, bitcoin is on the rise and most certainly than not altcoin's price surely follows. I am not saying this is bad but altcoins have very little in common with bitcoin. And they are certainly not carbon copies of bitcoin either. Why the heck is their price so closely connected despite being so fundamentally different?

Because this whole thing is not stocks. When bitcoin have it own bull run more people tend to buy altcoins as they feel confidence in the market and because they are looking to get profit they are going into altcoins as with altcoins you can double your money faster than with bitcoin. When bitcoin is moving down there is less confidence in the market and everybody wants to preserve their value they have gained and thus they tend to switch to big cryptos such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or even fiat currencies or USDT - tether to try to save their value from going down.

So at the end as bitcoin is the biggest out there it provides the confidence in the market.
because every bit of Bitcoin is improving, Altcoin is trying to keep up with the increase in order to be a considerable price. so that where Bitcoin is improving Altcoin will try to keep abreast of its development in order to be able to compete and be able to compete well with Bitcoin in the future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iASIC

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

AMA BCT

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:49:00 AM

I think both are connected in a trade that creates a high demand. some users want to make a profit by selling alt and buy bitcoin, some other users sell bitcoin and buy alt. please correct me if my opinion is wrong.
I also agree with you. Bitcoin is the coin first appeared on the cryptocurrency market. The price of bitcoin is always the highest in the market. But today, the need for human development is increasing and the altcoin born to meet that. Bitcoin and altcoin interact with each other. As bitcoin increases or decreases, other co-altcos will also affect bticoin. Because bitcoin is the strongest coin on the market for cryptocurrency.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:49:02 AM

Do they really? I often encounter this statement. And i have no idea as to why. This past few days, bitcoin is on the rise and most certainly than not altcoin's price surely follows. I am not saying this is bad but altcoins have very little in common with bitcoin. And they are certainly not carbon copies of bitcoin either. Why the heck is their price so closely connected despite being so fundamentally different?

Yes they do. If you'll analyze the graphs of altcoins and of Bitcoin, you can see major similarities. Even though they are not accurately parallel, the pattern is there. The reason for this is that the altcoins are priced based from Bitcoin and not from fiat. With the direct connection of altcoins to Bitcoin, whatever the trend of Bitcoin, altcoins follows.
Vilianms

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:52:54 AM

You may not pay attention to observing the influence of the outside world on the cryptocurrency market. The first is the accusation of many news on tokens! The second is that the exchanges are attacked. These problems attack the entire token market!
Simayi

Activity: 360
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:57:22 AM

I think we just need to look at the flow of funds into the market will understand that when a sum of money other than cryptocurrencies enters the cryptocurrency, the usual practice is to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum as soon as possible, and then Buy bitcoins or Ethereum to buy altcoins again, so once bitcoin prices fall or rise, altcoins must follow.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
pidobir

Activity: 446
Merit: 100

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:34:28 AM

All just Bitcoin is the legislator of cryptocurrency fashion)) that is why the price of altcoins is completely dependent on the price of the main coin.

arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:56:22 PM

It is because atcoins are totally dependent in bitcoin even Ethereum. The price of altcoin are usually base on Bitcoin's price and not in fiat currency. That is why when Bitcoin rise and fall, altcoins will always be affected.
Panpan66L

Activity: 199

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:46:02 PM

I believe, that this happens because bitcoin is somelike a flagman of a cryptoworld, like whole world smartphones are following apple
billbear

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:56:17 PM

Most people think that bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency in the world, so maybe because of that every other alt must follow it
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:24:55 PM

It is the trading pairs. Go on any exchange and you will see that all of the coins that are there have trading pairs with bitcoin. When the price of bitcoin is going down, it usually means that people are not buying bitcoin and if people are not buying bitcoins then they are not trading in these coins with bitcoin. The price of all of the altcoins in the market are dependent on the price of bitcoin
jpnl0002

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:26:44 PM

it is normal that all coins generally under the name of altcoins must follow the price of bitcoin as they all have their price referencing through the bitcoin price whether directly or indirectly, it actually all works has a value in the satoshi of the bitcoin units. thanks
Badhuamin

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:31:11 PM

I think it's because Bitcoin is the mother of all coins and therefore Bitcoin is the benchmark for all coin beneath which Bitcoin is.
pimkobai

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:37:01 PM

I had been observing this for quite sometime and my opinion to this is when bitcoin will rise, altcoins will follow probably many people will be buying again more alts. This creates a high demand on the altcoins that in effect the price will also follow to increase.  Bitcoin and altcoi s are mainly correlated with each other.
childish

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Because this whole thing is not stocks. When bitcoin have it own bull run more people tend to buy altcoins as they feel confidence in the market and because they are looking to get profit they are going into altcoins as with altcoins you can double your money faster than with bitcoin. When bitcoin is moving down there is less confidence in the market and everybody wants to preserve their value they have gained and thus they tend to switch to big cryptos such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or even fiat currencies or USDT - tether to try to save their value from going down.

So at the end as bitcoin is the biggest out there it provides the confidence in the market.
because every development that occurs in Bitcoin, Altcoin tries to follow it and strives to be a coin that is always able to compete with Bitcoin and fight the flooding currents to move forward in the future. besides with its increasing development makes Bitcoin so expensive. and Altcoin is inspired to continue to pursue it.

jackylion

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:10:18 PM

Some alternate coins follow Bitcoin because it has become a basis of prices for almost every other alternate coins and Bitcoin is one of the fastest way to convert it into real money and because of this reason, it follows the price of Bitcoin to set their own standards.
Bitcoin has its account over over the other coins. multiple people and multiple country received BTC, do that you want to change the cash must be changed through BTC or ETH, such as the token to be different dependencies on the BTC. I think probably in the following year to BTC will be no be the king on the field, ETH will replace BTC.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:12:20 PM

Bitcoin is like a people confidence in the crypto market index. When it grows more people believe the other alts will grow and tend to buy them, so the demand and prices grow and the positive trend starts.
ROB18

Activity: 380

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:14:34 PM

This is what I also observe, when bitcoin price increase most of the alts also increase and when it decreases most alts also decreases. I guess the mother of cryptocurrency is still in control of the crypto economy.  Tongue

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
stefven

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:55:34 PM

of course, we all know that bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency. it can be said that bitcoin is the parent of other coins. certainly, bitcoin prices will be a reference for other coins as well. so it's not wrong if bitcoin prices will affect altcoin prices.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:01:57 PM

In my own opinion bitcoin as king of altcoins are not possible follow the price of altcoins into bitcoin price value if the bitcoin price goes dump of course altcoin price goes lower value but if the bitcoin go uprise the altcoins price will follow to increase in their king.
dangcaohung

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 10:54:31 AM

Because this market is the game of bitcoin. The market capital in Bitcoin is the biggest capital and it is like the Index of stock market. Its also because of market psychology. When bitcoin downs, people dont believe in crypto anymore, they thought bitcoin is the best but still can not servive so how can all the altcoin up. That why they sell the altcoin too, if the bitcoin price is decreasing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: