Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:28:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Richard Branson + Virgin Galactic Endorses Bitcoin  (Read 6150 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:40:24 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 10:07:09 AM by GigaCoin

Richard Branson has now endorsed Bitcoin, it is very likely he's going huge into Bitcoins this will skyrocket the price further as another whale dives into the Digital Ocean.

Also Virgin Galactic plans to officially accept Bitcoin for space-travel! This is fantastic news and all the best for Bitcoin, truly the currency of the future there is no going back   Smiley

Now we can claim (literally) Bitcoin is going to da Moon Grin

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/22/5133362/richard-branson-endorses-bitcoin-says-virgin-galactic-will-accept-the

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:49:17 PM

This is just a pr stunt, and will probably not move the price that much.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:56:01 PM

Even if it moves the price a bit, that would be great.  But the important thing to note here is that one of the wealthiest and well known people in the world, Sir Richard Branson, wants to part of BTC and believes in its future.  Get a few more powerful people to join, and the rest will come!

Shermo

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

Depends on if the story is picked up and run with by major news companies ala BBC.

Sir Richard Branson has his fingers in many pies with Virgin, including Virgin Bank. It could be seen to regular folk that this is something worth looking at with him being a rather successful entrepreneur!

Imagine if he decided to accept Bitcoins for Virgin Airlines? Or used Virgin Bank to help with a bitcoin exchange. Sure its highly doubtful, but many others could be thinking the same things.
Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:00:06 PM

Depends on if the story is picked up and run with by major news companies ala BBC.

Article & Video:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101220710
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:01:15 PM

It's good for UK bitcoin users - Virgin own a bank

http://www.virginmoney.com/worldwide/

When the CEO of your bank owns bitcoins, it would be a bit hypocritical if they interfere with your trading in them
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:04:02 PM

you have no idea of the enormity of this announcement.

what politician is now going to say "you cannot have Bitcoin"?
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:04:53 PM

Even if it moves the price a bit, that would be great.  But the important thing to note here is that one of the wealthiest and well known people in the world, Sir Richard Branson, wants to part of BTC and believes in its future.  Get a few more powerful people to join, and the rest will come!

He didn't say that, did you hear him? He didn't even want to speculate that much. Plus he even said he is converting it to cash on the spot, if it is his cash we still don't know.
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:05:10 PM

any PR is good PR, but even if his purchases don't help push bitcoin up in the short-term, him getting on board brings ALOT of attention from the big guys who are now going to want to invest in bitcoin. So this helps solidify bitcoin's position further and also reduces the likely hood of governments "banning" bitcoin, since Governments worship celebrity and big shots endorsements.

And don't forget the fact a major corporation Virgin Galactic, a space travel corporation (and Virgin itself is one of the largest corporations in the world) plans to accept Bitcoin is a huge vote of confidence for the whole "Bitcoin as a currency" argument.

dancupid

Activity: 955

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:08:05 PM

Even if it moves the price a bit, that would be great.  But the important thing to note here is that one of the wealthiest and well known people in the world, Sir Richard Branson, wants to part of BTC and believes in its future.  Get a few more powerful people to join, and the rest will come!

He didn't say that, did you hear him? He didn't even want to speculate that much. Plus he even said he is converting it to cash on the spot, if it is his cash we still don't know.

Branson's personal blog:

http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/bitcoins-in-space

I have invested in some bitcoins myself, and find it fascinating how a whole new global currency has been created. For people who can afford to invest a little in bitcoins, it’s worth looking into.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 04:10:51 PM

So Bitcoin already going into Space now!

Next stop, DA MOON!
 Grin

cjgames.com
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:15:38 PM

any PR is good PR, but even if his purchases don't help push bitcoin up in the short-term, him getting on board brings ALOT of attention from the big guys who are now going to want to invest in bitcoin. So this helps solidify bitcoin's position further and also reduces the likely hood of governments "banning" bitcoin, since Governments worship celebrity and big shots endorsements.

And don't forget the fact a major corporation Virgin Galactic, a space travel corporation (and Virgin itself is one of the largest corporations in the world) plans to accept Bitcoin is a huge vote of confidence for the whole "Bitcoin as a currency" argument.

Did we need a vote of confidence as a currency? I am pretty sure the government and most places saw we are a currency. If this was 2012 or 2011, I be excite, today, I am just not seeing it taking us anywhere.

Now if he said, I am keeping the bitcoins that we get, then I would think differently. Just him saying that he is using bitcoin is kinda like him trying to ride the train. He is a PR stunt guy, that is how he gets people excited about his projects. The space travel had not been in the news for a while.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:20:32 PM

Branson's personal blog:

http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/bitcoins-in-space

I have invested in some bitcoins myself, and find it fascinating how a whole new global currency has been created. For people who can afford to invest a little in bitcoins, it’s worth looking into.

First off if that is his personal blog that is just one big ad LMAO So anything on that blog I wouldn't taken too seriously.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:21:05 PM

It will definitely help. He actually recommends people investing in it if they have money to invest.

more or less retired.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:21:30 PM

So Bitcoin already going into Space now!

Next stop, DA MOON!
 Grin

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:22:47 PM

Did we need a vote of confidence as a currency? I am pretty sure the government and most places saw we are a currency. If this was 2012 or 2011, I be excite, today, I am just not seeing it taking us anywhere.

Now if he said, I am keeping the bitcoins that we get, then I would think differently. Just him saying that he is using bitcoin is kinda like him trying to ride the train. He is a PR stunt guy, that is how he gets people excited about his projects. The space travel had not been in the news for a while.

The Geeks Fail to Understand That Which They Hath Created.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:23:14 PM

It will definitely help. He actually recommends people investing in it if they have money to invest.

Not when he was asked in the news piece he said something along the lines "I will tell you off the record". Not giving me the sense he is 100% into bitcoins I would say this would give him about 60%.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:25:16 PM

does anyone hear seriously believe that he has not kept some Bitcoin for himself given his actions?

he's probably in the middle of trying to accumulate and doesn't want to drive the price too high.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:26:25 PM

Not when he was asked in the news piece he said something along the lines "I will tell you off the record". Not giving me the sense he is 100% into bitcoins I would say this would give him about 60%.

Or perhaps he just wanted to keep his personal investment decisions private?  I think it fun news and the meme, "to the moon", certainly gets a nice boost with this.   Wink

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:27:28 PM

He owns some. How many billionaires is that now? Branson, Palihapitiya, Novogratz...?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: