Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:27:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Address for mybitcoin account  (Read 1389 times)
Departure (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 288

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 09:33:35 AM

I just want to ask the more informed people here if there anything we can do if we know our mybitcoin wallet address, I mean surely there is something the network could do if supplying your mybitcoin address, Is the bitcoin network that secure that even when the likes or Bruce Wagner loses 25,000btc nothing can be done?? I relieze thats bitcoin main goal to be a secure currency but there must be some safty messures inplace for such inccedents?

For me personnaly I would like to know how to read the blockexplorer and how to know if my wallet address still has the bitcoins in it or not, People are saying there bitcoins are not moving, but when viewing "http://blockexplorer.com/address/mybitcoinaddress" it shows alot of recieved and sent, from what I understand you send coins to your self or something... Also "http://blockexplorer.com/q/getreceivedbyaddress/mybitcoinaddress" shows a sum, is that the mybitcoin wallet account balance or is that all the coins sent and recieved?

Once again im extremly surprised that 25,000BTC of Bruce Wagners bitcoin can just be forgetten about without a thing people can do...
I mean if the coins do get moved to another wallet is'nt tracable through blockexplorer? if so couldn't the network and trade site ban that address from cashing in?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitplane

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 09:39:14 AM

I mean if the coins do get moved to another wallet is'nt tracable through blockexplorer? if so couldn't the network and trade site ban that address from cashing in?

Say you buy $500 of bitcoins from someone on IRC, and this turns out to be stolen BTC. Who loses out?
Departure (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 288

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 09:47:30 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2011, 10:04:42 AM by Departure

Well if the bitcoin network implemented some sort of shit list for wallet addresses that can'nt be verifyed then that wallet could never send bitcoins in the first place. I still dont get how you can trace mybitcoin wallet address to final destination wallet address but yet nothing can be done about it, Knowing and seeing the wallet address with your bitcoin there is fustrating... from tracing my mybitcoin wallet address to its final destination wallet address it clear that mybitcoin had and still has a very large amount, I think something should be done to stopp all transfers from these final destination wallet addresses.

Just to give you an idea how many bitcoins have been scammed

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1eHhgW6vquBYhwMPhQ668HPjxTtpvZGPC

Thats just one of many wallet addresses from mybitcoin(474,320BTC), this particular wallet address then transfers to other wallets which has not moved, other mybitcoin address seem to hold anywhere between 4,000BTC to 20,000BTC and have not moved. This is just following addresses from my account, there is many more final destination mybitcoin wallet addresses which holds large amount of bitcoins, Well over millions of bitcoins.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 10:25:08 AM

I think something should be done to stopp all transfers from these final destination wallet addresses.
This would make bitcoin an unsafe currency to trade with. Say you as a merchant receive 500 BTC. These BTC are then later marked as coming from mybitcoin.com. The merchant can no longer use these coins and are out of pocket.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 12:17:51 PM

Well if the bitcoin network implemented some sort of shit list for wallet addresses that can'nt be verifyed then that wallet could never send bitcoins in the first place. I still dont get how you can trace mybitcoin wallet address to final destination wallet address but yet nothing can be done about it, Knowing and seeing the wallet address with your bitcoin there is fustrating... from tracing my mybitcoin wallet address to its final destination wallet address it clear that mybitcoin had and still has a very large amount, I think something should be done to stopp all transfers from these final destination wallet addresses.

Thats just one of many wallet addresses from mybitcoin(474,320BTC), this particular wallet address then transfers to other wallets which has not moved, other mybitcoin address seem to hold anywhere between 4,000BTC to 20,000BTC and have not moved. This is just following addresses from my account, there is many more final destination mybitcoin wallet addresses which holds large amount of bitcoins, Well over millions of bitcoins.

Last Balance: 424242.42424242

Somebody's got a sense of humor.  But on a more serious note, I'd love to see a tally of all the bitcoin possibly stolen in this debacle.  Sounds like you're saying it's in the millions.  Also, it'd be nice to have a thread devoted to publicly displaying and tracking mybitcoin bitcoins.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
BitVapes

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

BitVapes.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 12:19:29 PM

Somebody's got a sense of humor.

the 424242 wallet is mybitcoin?  I was under the impression this was an mtgox wallet, and the 424242 transfer was to verify magicaltux still controlled the bitcoins stored at mtgox during the hack debacle

Buy Electronic Cigarettes with Bitcoin @ http://bitvapes.com
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 12:21:54 PM

Somebody's got a sense of humor.

the 424242 wallet is mybitcoin?  I was under the impression this was an mtgox wallet, and the 424242 transfer was to verify magicaltux still controlled the bitcoins stored at mtgox during the hack debacle

Hmm, yeah, I think you're right.  I'm confused.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 12:30:22 PM

As others have noted this appears to be a Mt Gox address. What makes you think it is associated with mybitcoin?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: