Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:01:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SHAME THREAD  (Read 1054 times)
N4D3B337Z (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 05:15:51 PM

I'm ashamed of myself.
Simply because I missed out on the early days of bitcoin even though I used to see posts about it all over the net.
I was too busy getting laid instead of getting paid. I could be rich right now because I first heard of bitcoin in 2010.
When it was still young. I thought it was like second life lindens or some shit. virtual currency was a joke or gimmick in my mind.
Now the jokes on me. I'm a Digital Dude. I even update my firmware, however I let my knowledge go to waste not taking BTC seriously.
I just recently stopped looking and watching bitcoin and bought in. I was already too late to the party. I am still enjoying myself nonetheless.
I must admit that I am quite a bit butthurt that I slept on bits when they were $12.
I could be driving a Tesla model s past the gas station right now instead of a crappy Toyota Corolla into it.
Now I believe in bitcoin 300%.
I bought in @ $167 and now they're almost $800.
FACEPALM.
I need to make friends with rich bitcoin nerds and learn how to @ least become a Satoshi-naire  Cry LOL
If you wanna help a brotha out my address is in my sig.
but for right now all I can do is try to sell beats for bitcoin with my po boy ass.
I made this thread for all BTC noobs to come share their pain.
"YOU ARE NOT ALONE, I AM HERE WITH YOU."-Micheal Jackson
LMAO Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:28:38 PM

I'm ashamed of myself.
Simply because I missed out on the early days of bitcoin even though I used to see posts about it all over the net.
I was too busy getting laid instead of getting paid. I could be rich right now because I first heard of bitcoin in 2010.
When it was still young. I thought it was like second life lindens or some shit. virtual currency was a joke or gimmick in my mind.
Now the jokes on me. I'm a Digital Dude. I even update my firmware, however I let my knowledge go to waste not taking BTC seriously.
I just recently stopped looking and watching bitcoin and bought in. I was already too late to the party. I am still enjoying myself nonetheless.
I must admit that I am quite a bit butthurt that I slept on bits when they were $12.
I could be driving a Tesla model s past the gas station right now instead of a crappy Toyota Corolla into it.
FACEPALM.
I need to make friends with rich bitcoin nerds and learn how to @ least become a Satoshi-naire  Cry LOL
but for right now all I can do is try to sell beats for bitcoin with my po boy ass.
LMAO Grin

I feel you. First heard of Bitcoin early 2011, but I didn't invest because I found it to be to much work (well, I didn't look really close, I just read some technical stuff about it and I didn't understand much), but I heard of it again in late 2012 and even though I haven't invested I find it to be fascinating and I believe in bitcoin. I still though regret that I didn't invest in 2011, or atleast in 2012! Sad
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:34:08 PM

I'm ashamed of myself.
FACEPALM.
LMAO Grin

I feel you. First heard of Bitcoin early 2011, but I didn't invest because I found it to be to much work (well, I didn't look really close, I just read some technical stuff about it and I didn't understand much), but I heard of it again in late 2012 and even though I haven't invested I find it to be fascinating and I believe in bitcoin. I still though regret that I didn't invest in 2011, or atleast in 2012! Sad
We all have regrets. I first learned of Bitcoin back in April 2011, I mined since then and even found two blocks, with incredible luck(yay I helped bitcoin). But even I regret I found so late, yes 2011 was too late. But at the same time I would've sold all my bitcoins in 2011 June at the $30 price jump, or maybe even waay before that. A couple of months ago I gambled and lost 2.15 btc, I regret that. I also regret selling 1500 litecoins back in 2012 April, I could've had much more than I got back then.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Gator762

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 05:40:21 PM

Don't feel bad.  Similar to the stock market with stocks that go to the moon.  Hindsight is 20/20.  No one can blame you that your crystal ball was broke.
N4D3B337Z (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 05:55:52 PM

In 2002 I took an english test, in english class. Turned the test in to the english teacher who had a silver thing in her hand with earphones coming out of it.
I asked "What's that?"
She replied "It's an iPod.It's cool."
I responded "Well they should just make it a phone and call it iPhone."
I continued my life never thinking of that occurence until my sister called me late in 2007 saying
"Hey I hope you invested in that iphone idea you had because I'm calling you on one right now"
DOUBLE FACEPALM Angry
Should've had apple shares the next year when I was 18 making $12 an hour with no kids(I could afford them then).
I will never miss another oppurtunity like that.
I don't even get laid anymore because all I talk about is money.
I speak fiats but all I think in my head is bits and alts. Grin

N4D3B337Z (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 06:03:07 PM

I'm ashamed of myself.
FACEPALM.
LMAO Grin

We all have regrets. I first learned of Bitcoin back in April 2011, I mined since then and even found two blocks, with incredible luck(yay I helped bitcoin). But even I regret I found so late, yes 2011 was too late. But at the same time I would've sold all my bitcoins in 2011 June at the $30 price jump, or maybe even waay before that. A couple of months ago I gambled and lost 2.15 btc, I regret that. I also regret selling 1500 litecoins back in 2012 April, I could've had much more than I got back then.
Damn Bro, you have war wounds from this shit I see.
You are a BTC veteran
I salute thee.
your experience gives you an edge though.
@ least you MINED.
I wanted CUDA cores so I went Nvidia w/ my gfx card
a radeon 7890 coulda paid the bills LMAO
trevorh

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:08:45 PM

I ignored bitcoin until April of this year, because I had used/bought/sold e-gold back in the late 90s, and I assumed bitcoin was something new along the same lines. (E-gold was a virtual currency backed by gold and silver, but ended up being taken over by the feds due to silk road-like activities being done with it.) I now wish I had bothered to at least look into it when I first heard about it, probably when it was first getting started.
Gb

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:19:11 PM

Back in 2010 my friend and I were chatting about whether or not to start accepting this new Bitcoin thing on our website ... we ummed and arrred about it until we decided that as we couldn't spend the stuff in most places we shopped at, it wasn't a good idea to cannibalise our credit card and Paypal sales.

How foolish. We would have been raking the equivalent of about $4K /month in at the current rate.

No regrets though (at least not that I will admit anyway!) as I bought in at about $38 and they've gone crackers since then!! Wouldn't mind a few more though ; )
N4D3B337Z (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:03:10 PM

I bought in @ $167.
not in volume though i was just Trying it.
should have went all in.
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:10:16 PM

If only you knew...... Grin
Cntr13

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:16:00 PM

I just learned about it this year and did not know what to make of it. Didn't believe.
The more I read though, I figured, what do I have to lose? so I bought a btc robot with a 3 year contract and bought my first bitcoin for $120. Now I just let that robot do its thing and my account has increased to over 100% returns. WOW! glad I got in. It is paying for itself and then some.
Keep on keeping on fellow newbies.  Grin
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:18:45 PM

Your not alone, I knew about Bitcoin before April 2013 as well, but I had no balls to put in any significant amount. I was wrong obv
N4D3B337Z (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 07:53:03 PM

I just learned about it this year and did not know what to make of it. Didn't believe.
The more I read though, I figured, what do I have to lose? so I bought a btc robot with a 3 year contract and bought my first bitcoin for $120. Now I just let that robot do its thing and my account has increased to over 100% returns. WOW! glad I got in. It is paying for itself and then some.
Keep on keeping on fellow newbies.  Grin
man can you help a brother out LMAO
but seriously :1ASZ17VUYnWE1B7kiCJaXjVFiPn9YLZDHC Grin
combo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:25:16 PM

+1 to the shame line
tho i hope there will be welcoming hands after confession.
Prizak

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:48:10 PM

I first heard about btc in early 2011, i remember buying a bunch online and accidentally getting sent twice the amount I ordered, so roughly 640btc instead of 320btc, I helped give them back to the original sender ever though I didnt have to. Sure they would be nice to have now, but i still feel good about it.
jofus87

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:38:34 PM

I heard of bitcoin about 6 months ago. I thought it was too good to be true, so I didn't really pay attention. I actually thought about buying some 2 weeks ago, and I decided against it. I finally bought in at $520. Better late than never, I suppose, considering my investment is worth over $1000 more right now. Smiley
ScripterRon

Activity: 136
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:11:50 PM

Same story - I heard about bitcoins last year but was focused on other things and didn't do anything about it then.  I did get in on it earlier this year but didn't invest any serious money in equipment or buying coins.  It was mainly an intellectual exercise to see if I could wrap my head around the concept (I worked on Kerberos and SSL, so I had a good start on encryption and public/private key theory).

Ron (retired programmer)
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:43:15 PM

don't worry about it, I think you're in the great majority.
N4D3B337Z (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 12:05:36 AM

I first heard about btc in early 2011, i remember buying a bunch online and accidentally getting sent twice the amount I ordered, so roughly 640btc instead of 320btc, I helped give them back to the original sender ever though I didnt have to. Sure they would be nice to have now, but i still feel good about it.

I applaud ur integrity.
There isn't much of that left in the world we live.
If I were not merely a bit bum I would tip u indeed.
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:33:29 AM

Don't feel bad.  Similar to the stock market with stocks that go to the moon.  Hindsight is 20/20.  No one can blame you that your crystal ball was broke.

This pretty much applies to life as a whole. None of us knows what the future holds, and we all just take our best guess and hope for a positive outcome Smiley

Sounds to me like you've done pretty well.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: