Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:02:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized coins  (Read 925 times)
MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:11:10 PM

Do you think there is a room for centralized coins such as Ripple win over Bitcoin and Ethereum ? What is the good part about centralized coins against the decentralized ones ?

From a theoretical point of view there is just a one nuance: People don't afraid of legal barriers in this situation,because there is central administrator and no need for strict regulations from government,but I personally think that its not a correct discussion...and for me there is no good part about centralized coins against the decentralized coins because they have already proven remarkably successful in organizing economic activities.
lol1yatme

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:08:08 AM

Do you think there is a room for centralized coins such as Ripple win over Bitcoin and Ethereum ? What is the good part about centralized coins against the decentralized ones ?

It think it is not about win or lose.Bitcoin's purpose is different,and same goes for Ethereum and Ripple.
The difference between centralized and decentralized cryptocurrencies are that the former is more attractive to people who believe in banks/government/centralized control,etc. So, it only perception. It is my opinion.

Centralized coins will be backed by the government and may they provide security against any mishap and hackings. By this way investors will also mentally satisfied with their investment and they will invest more and more without the fear of looting and losing. While decentralized coins deficits cannot be claimed and if there is any mishap you will lose all your money.
BellIcon

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:27:50 AM

Today I read that Facebook wants to put out their own crypto coin. I really do not like the idea. I just have a bad feeling about everyone jumping into crypto through Facebook and what that could do the future of it. Would it be open source, will they be tracking how you use it to see how they can exploit it. Centralization is not good.
vidprab5

Activity: 222
Merit: 11

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:13:30 AM

There is never room for anything but in fact they make their own space.
If we look back we will realize that the Bitcoins weren't needed by the government nor by the people but in fact how well it blended with the economy is really something else .
Bitcoins have created their own air and when we talk about centralized coins it's like everyone will have more trust ,the currency will be stronger since it's getting backed up so it's an excellent opportunity to explore .
You are right. Bitcoin has its own value and does not need government support. No doubt that the trust of the people will grow more but people are happy that bitcoin is decentralize because when government involves in bitcoin they will impose taxes and the profit margins will definitely decrease. I do not need any centralized coins because I have the courage to bear the lose if there is any bad situations occur.

tuansemazi

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:50:25 AM

Bitcoins and Ripples are two opposite approaches in the pre-mathematical ecosystem. The hierarchy of Bitcoin means that anyone can use it for anything they feel they can do. Ripple is also marketing its products as a solution to support the transfer of assets to most payment tools. Ripple requires a minimum cost to avoid overloading the network . To pay for costs, the system must destroy the XRP instead of paying it to anyone, thereby increasing the value of the remaining XRPs. Future ripple can completely catch up ETH even Bitcoin.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:05:13 AM
Merited by Hell-raiser (1)

I don't know about the good part but I'm dead certain of just one bad part that would make any sane person stay away from these quasi-monies. Such coins are centralized which means there is a single entity behind them. It is not a big deal and a lot of pain in the ass for a government to forcefully close or shut down such an entity. That would mean instant death of the coin. Simply put, governments don't like private money in general. There were efforts in the past (even before Bitcoin) to issue such money, which aimed at creating a universal means of payment and exchange, as opposed to promissory notes and bills of exchange which are also forms of private money, though not universal. Needless to say, all such efforts failed as governments were quick to nip in the bud and halt any such activity. They will never willingly give up their monopoly on creating money or tolerate competition in this field.

Governments are putting up with cryptocurrencies because they can't effectively fight with them. This is evidently not the case with centralized or private money like Ripple or whatever. So there is no reason to think that such currencies will ever be able to take over cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and friends. As soon as they get traction, they will be destroyed.

The most frightening moment is that centralization is increasingly seen as a solution to problems in crypto-currencies. A large network is slowly synchronized, and many crypto currencies suggest using a limited number of trusted "master nodes", "witnesses", "delegates", "federations", etc. to "solve the problem" of too many nodes in the network. Using this method to solve scalability problems, developers also destroy the decentralized nature of blockchain. As a result, this will lead to the formation of a crypto currency with one functioning node, which processes transactions very effectively, without delays, confirmations and forks, but in this case blockchain becomes unnecessary.
jayyen

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:09:08 AM

Governments one day will try to decentralized coins when they finally released that block chain is unstoppable.
Centralization is not the nature of the block chain technology, so if there is a centralized coin,then block chain in its power to decentralized coins and smart contracts will not be working again. So I do not think there will be any centralized coin.it will not be following the decentralization aspect of block chain.
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:01:32 AM

I think bitcoin and other crypto currency has its good purpose for investments. That is why they are decentralized ones since it has its special purpose to the people. As compared with the centralized ones, they are used in many businesses and in our daily living. They are controlled by the government.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:09:07 AM

From a theoretical point of view there is just a one nuance: People don't afraid of legal barriers in this situation,because there is central administrator and no need for strict regulations from government,but I personally think that its not a correct discussion...and for me there is no good part about centralized coins against the decentralized coins because they have already proven remarkably successful in organizing economic activities.
If we do the thorough study in the regard, we are going to end up with results that decentralized coins gave more success and money to people than centralized ones. The world have been suing centralized currencies but people were not happy with them. With the introduction of decentralized, they showed keen interest in using them and ended up making huge profits.
Aristus

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:42:23 AM

The good part about centralized is by having a power to be easily known to many and the sure interested investors are those that are thinking that they are safe but it can be dumped by those  who do not want centralized crypto see it succeed and most likely they will never allow that the one that overthrown bitcoin is decentralized because cryptocurrency are created to become free from the system of government power.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:17:15 AM

I don't know about the good part but I'm dead certain of just one bad part that would make any sane person stay away from these quasi-monies. Such coins are centralized which means there is a single entity behind them. It is not a big deal and a lot of pain in the ass for a government to forcefully close or shut down such an entity. That would mean instant death of the coin. Simply put, governments don't like private money in general. There were efforts in the past (even before Bitcoin) to issue such money, which aimed at creating a universal means of payment and exchange, as opposed to promissory notes and bills of exchange which are also forms of private money, though not universal. Needless to say, all such efforts failed as governments were quick to nip in the bud and halt any such activity. They will never willingly give up their monopoly on creating money or tolerate competition in this field.

Governments are putting up with cryptocurrencies because they can't effectively fight with them. This is evidently not the case with centralized or private money like Ripple or whatever. So there is no reason to think that such currencies will ever be able to take over cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and friends. As soon as they get traction, they will be destroyed.

The most frightening moment is that centralization is increasingly seen as a solution to problems in crypto-currencies. A large network is slowly synchronized, and many crypto currencies suggest using a limited number of trusted "master nodes", "witnesses", "delegates", "federations", etc. to "solve the problem" of too many nodes in the network. Using this method to solve scalability problems, developers also destroy the decentralized nature of blockchain. As a result, this will lead to the formation of a crypto currency with one functioning node, which processes transactions very effectively, without delays, confirmations and forks, but in this case blockchain becomes unnecessary.

Totally agree with this conclusion. And we already see that taken to its ultimate outcome with centralized, privately issued currencies and coins like Ripple or Tether. But as I said in my post, these private monies have one fatal deficiency in common. They are very vulnerable to a government attack and can be easily eliminated by governments. It doesn't happen right now simply because they are kind of hidden by the sheer number of blockchain-based currencies. But if the latter go away, governments will strike back immediately. And then we are back to square one.

So, in the end, there should be a balance or equilibrium between centralized and decentralized non-government currencies. At least, until a new solution comes up that effectively solves the problem of scalability without sacrificing the proper decentralization of blockchain currencies.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:00:58 AM

I don't think there is any room in crypto for a centralized currency, just use any fiat currency of your choice if you want centralization and feel the need to be regulated in some way.
Yes, simple. Centralized coin was never really the idea. We have been in the centralized environment all our life and even with the government and banks running the show, has something ever good come out from it ? So, in that sense, I do not know why I will want to give up decentralization over centralization as a real believer of the main idea behind decentralization which makes me believe that centralized coins are just ticking time bombs.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:11:06 AM

No such coins like ripple could not win over bitcoin and Ethereum as people would not be supporting such coins as their prices would not increase considerably due to their centralised nature.
People like us will never invest in a centralized coin like ripple, in fact I have never held that coin, however even if people like us are never going to let ripple take over the first spot in the market cap that bitcoin possess that doesn't mean that new investors that do not really care about the mission of cryptocurrencies and that only care about the profits that they can get will not let ripple do just that
meherethere

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:27:59 AM

Plenty of friends that have gotten into crypto recently went with ripple as one of their first coins, at least a few of them due to not understanding that the high supply is the reason the price is so low. I think we'll see it more and more in the next bull run.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:16:21 AM

Plenty of friends that have gotten into crypto recently went with ripple as one of their first coins, at least a few of them due to not understanding that the high supply is the reason the price is so low. I think we'll see it more and more in the next bull run.
This is a basic newbie mistake, newbies instead of concentrating in the market cap concentrate themselves on the price of the coin they see the price of bitcoin and the price of ripple and they think that ripple is going to grow many times over in the next weeks or months because it has a low price but obviously that doesn't happen because Ripple has a huge supply of coins.
toygama

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:03:03 PM

There is no win-lose here. Don't be stupid. Bitcoin's purpose is different,and same goes for Ethereum and Ripple. This topic has been discussed more than a dozen times and yet here we are.
The difference between centralized and decentralized cryptocurrencies are that the former is more attractive to people who believe in banks/government/centralized control,etc. The latter is more preached by people who believe in anonymity/privacy and those who hate the government.

The system is already established decentralization is the name of the game in our community members are already familiar it's anonymity any move for alteration makes our community confused.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:21:46 PM

There is always space for RIpple and will always be in the future because of the deal with the banks and when the mass adoption comes there will be a lot of people investing in Ripple .Thats my opinion but not my investments.I dont like Ripple
gwapo.zylle

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:30:18 PM

I think so, probably their will be as of now they are still stuying and looking forward for a good result. It is cool of their will be a centralized coins which may use but as of now we can see commonly BTC and ETH are very common coin that many people use. Aside from the value it has high price that everyone most wanted.
ranoby

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:39:11 PM

I do not think that centralized crypto-currencies are worse or better than others. Yes, they are a bit contrary to the spirit of bitcoin, but they perform their functions, which are also necessary

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  DONE   ]      [ AIRDROP | DONE ]      [    ICO  |  LIVE    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 599

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:43:38 PM

I don't think so. Everyone is here because we love the decentralization aspect of most cryptos. So with that said, I don't think that Ripple will gain enough support from this community. If ever we are going into that market, its just for pure pump-and-dump and get get out and take home our profits.

But I have to admit that they are really useful in other fields specially banking system, they have a place in there and no one can argue against their usefulness.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████