Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:31:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized coins  (Read 923 times)
brawdias (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 08:51:48 PM

Do you think there is a room for centralized coins such as Ripple win over Bitcoin and Ethereum ? What is the good part about centralized coins against the decentralized ones ?
GregoryPorter

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:28:15 PM

I think there is room for a centralised coin in the short to medium term. For the banking sector that is. But I think for anyone trying to set up a private blockchain to receive extra security well these will all fall by the wayside eventually. Even ripple to an extent could become obsolete. This in the painter capital 40trillion market though and we are a way off that mark
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:36:01 PM

Do you think there is a room for centralized coins such as Ripple win over Bitcoin and Ethereum ? What is the good part about centralized coins against the decentralized ones ?
There is no win-lose here. Don't be stupid. Bitcoin's purpose is different,and same goes for Ethereum and Ripple. This topic has been discussed more than a dozen times and yet here we are.
The difference between centralized and decentralized cryptocurrencies are that the former is more attractive to people who believe in banks/government/centralized control,etc. The latter is more preached by people who believe in anonymity/privacy and those who hate the government.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Semleho

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:24:52 PM

I think there is room for a centralised coin in the short to medium term. For the banking sector that is. But I think for anyone trying to set up a private blockchain to receive extra security well these will all fall by the wayside eventually. Even ripple to an extent could become obsolete. This in the painter capital 40trillion market though and we are a way off that mark
When you are lurking coins, you will be issued with x amount of coins, such as deposits,
You will pay interest as a gift

The number of coins is determined by the coin developer and given in the APR,
Annual Percentage Rate. There are coins out there in the market that are from 1% to 10,000%.

The reason why you're buying is because you're stalking,
You have your personal 24/7 and help blockchain network from the coin.
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:41:58 AM

In the crypto currency market, there is room for all coins, both centralized and decentralized. If you evaluate the ripple coin, it is very necessary and useful for the banking sector of the economy and, despite its shortcomings, has the right to exist. A special place in the centralized crypto currency is occupied by national centralized digital coins, such as Venezuela Petro, and it is still difficult to give estimates, since such a crypto currency exists not so long ago. We must allow you to walk together with centralized and decentralized coins, in order to see in practice the need for some, and the uselessness of others. Let the market give them an assessment and everything happens naturally.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:47:03 AM

They cant really win those market but yes they will always have some room for themselves as they stand little different from other coins and more or less more secure due to the stability.

They cant overcome the decentralised market because of their very nature of centralised which calls for the regulated prices of the XRP and thus they cant go beyond specific point.

Such coins always be unlimited one to keep the balance of prices or market cap and hence they will keep chasing the decentralised world.
cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:49:28 AM

There is just a sense of security in centralized coins as their supply is decided by the coin makers and they control the price like in Ripple and USDT.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:29:38 AM

Of course for coins that have a centralized system, the price will not be volatile like bitcoin and ethereum. Are you see the price of USDT? the price is only stagnant at the price of $ 0.9....

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:49:43 AM

Of course for coins that have a centralized system, the price will not be volatile like bitcoin and ethereum. Are you see the price of USDT? the price is only stagnant at the price of $ 0.9....

Indeed. The existence of such coins actually depend upon the centralised protocol that they carry. I mean they will never let the price of the coin go beyond the limits and thus will always make the balance of investment that is going in and going out of the market. Thus the whole circulation remains unchanged and thats why they get invested heavily all the time. People like more stability these days and they are tired of having huge volatilities along the way.  Tongue

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 07:33:01 AM

I am not a great fan of centralised cryptocurrencies because the core concept and philosophy of blockchain based currencies is all about decentralization. Where is while using centralised coins, we won't get that kind of freedom which we are getting in other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or ethereum. Yes, from an investor point of view, I do see an opportunity for earning the profit in the coming years but as a technology, I am not a great fan of it, to be honest. The biggest disadvantage would be losing the freedom that we are getting in the major cryptocurrencies out there.
Cynooza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:34:07 AM

I don't think centralized coins stand any chance against decentralized in the long run. I can see them competitive only in some narrow markets whe coin serves some very distinct purpose.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 11:43:22 AM

Up until now only few of the coins has emerged as centralised one but I think they are not doing very great at this point. Mostly people choose to have the decentralised coins only as they move upwards very faster as the investment into them grows. The project evolves and the prices starts kicking off thus making it really value added coins! This doesn't happen in the centralised coins and thats why they are not worth trusting or investment. At least I feel that way. They wont last longer than decade or so when other crypto currencies will be growing like big!

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 11:47:15 AM

I don't think centralized coins stand any chance against decentralized in the long run. I can see them competitive only in some narrow markets whe coin serves some very distinct purpose.

Its true, just like ripple since banks supports it then people gave it value. But beware in investing in centralized coins since they can be easily manipulated and in the case of ripple it the group of banks. We all know how banks work just to maintain their status and earning potential.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
kauban2018

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:50:30 AM

The good part of the centralization is that you have go through one party but people use it to mean a limited number of options. So when people say banks are centralized, they mean you can’t avoid using a bank. So, bitcoin and Ethereum are two types of digital currencies that can be exchanged without any intermediary, broker or third party. The good thing about are once you are part of the centralized organization you will this unbiased allocation of work in where fair and just is considered especially in assigning a particular amount of work. It also have a standardization of work and knows the area of specialization. The most important is the flexibility of the people.
simpleholmes

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:02:39 PM

centralized coins aim more for the long term success than making 100x easy money and become millionaires in a short time, so centralized coins focus more on development I mean the big ones rather than making money more.
greatk

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:03:35 PM

Though all currency are subject to manipulation but the more centralized a currency is, the more the degree of manipulation.
In fact, that is the essence of whale holders in most cryptocurrencies. They own a high percentage of the coin and therefore dictate the direction of the currency or project. If the major aim of a whale holder of a centralized coin is to be get the price to surpass that of bitcoin, with enough resources he/she would surely impact the price.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:08:40 PM

I don't trust Internet business with my identity. Why would I trust them with my money?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:48:56 PM

The banksters, governments, generally rich people, they would all like to see a centralized solution. Does that answer your question?
Probably not fully.
I recommend this topic for you: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2863445.0

cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:04:13 PM

There's room for them, but they're going to actually be competitive in fees and features.  Centralized banks have ruled finance in the world with an iron fist, and they wont be able to hold up for much longer with their bullshit weeks of wait time in some cases, or with their enormous fees either.  They haven't had any reason to innovate until now, and they are doing it out of necessity.  I think there's definitely a place for more centralized tokens but, like I said, they gotta bring more to the table than banks do right now.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:58:17 PM

Centralized and decentralized coins each have their ups and downs. Centralized coins are for people who are more attracted to the people who believe in or like the fact that the government and banks are in power. The decentralized coins are mainly for people otherwise, who believe in being anonymous and privacy.  In my opinion I believe that bitcoin will stay strong and the decentralized coins will be stronger then the centralized simply because of the new “trends” that everyone wants to be hidden/anonymous.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: