Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:17:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com ???  (Read 961 times)
ichanjay

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:55:26 AM

Just open on your own personal laptop, Make sure you're free from any virus. Check always the URL or better yet bookmark it so you'll know you're accessing the legit site. In addition add metamask on your browser.
arunakiran

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:08:39 AM

Be sure whether it is original URL or not and use in privare systems. And do not disclose your private key. Better use it for metamask.
Llyrmyst

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:11:12 AM

Make sure that you use the original URL and make sure that you device dont have such any viruses and alos save and never let anyone know your passwords and never tell ther your private keys
pinoyrichkids

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 10:42:35 AM

Its hard to protect our MyEtherWallet account but due to the recent hacking of DNS which affects a lot of members and then they hacked, maybe this is the best time to make a prevention, in my case, i bookmark the website that i need to access, any red flags that me happen, i didn't continue it, i mean for safety reasons, because we take a lot of effort to make a money in cryptocurrency, and then in just a seconds our account has been hacked? So i cannot take that to happen, its better to prevent now than be a victim.

Due to the recent incident of hacking, i am more cautious when opening my account as much as possible i never open my account, i just view the recent transactions of my account by accessing the etherscan, which for me is the best way.

Have a great day

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
rafaeljohncruz

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:50:29 AM

how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com Huh

always use your public address to check your coins and always check your site information if it's secure.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:50:33 AM

by not using it! MEW is a web wallet and will always put you at risk when you use it. there is an option to download the source code for it and use it in offline mode but it is a lot of work and you'll still need to use an online machine to broadcast the transactions.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:34:35 PM

I am protecting my wallets by just keeping all the private keys secured that no one can be know except me. Have also a back files so that if it loses you can have other files.
SunJAB

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:50:18 PM

In my opinion, you should not log on to them often, you use etherscan to check your tokens. and only log on to them when selling them. This will reduce the risk for you when hackers always stalk account.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:22:52 PM

The only way you can protect your myetherwallet is by not giving your private keys to anyone. Keep them safe. That is your only weapon against theft because if ever MEW experienced some kind of internal problems, you can no longer protect your account. Maybe you can if you are updated with the news and you anticipate hacking.

tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:30:17 PM

Always check that you are entering the real site and not any phishing link, secondly never use your privately from any public computer or it can be compromised, thirdly never click unknown links in the email.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:24:17 PM

What you can trust the most in the digital currency market is the wallets. I use myetherwallet, but the theft of the last time scared me. I changed the DNS settings

In my honest opinion to be the most secure you should be using a hardware wallet. Although if you have a hardware wallet you are going to want the best virus protection you can find and make sure you aren’t getting hacked. If you do choose to stay with an online wallet, make sure the URL is always green (HTTPs with valid certificate). Make sure your computer is protected.  Make sure you have backups of private keys.
veraro

Activity: 966

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:39:09 AM

The best way  to protect your myetherwallet is be very careful. Every time when you use your wallet check the address to avoid fishing.Never push suspicious links. Use  MetaMask to open wallet, not private key. Keep your private key in safe place.

Iniya

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:52:40 AM

To protect your mew wallet make sure that you're accessing the right URL, don't trust search results of google or bing
euggio

Activity: 433

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 09:09:59 PM

I think you can trust the digital currencies, but I use myetherwallet, and changing my dns to that is more safer than default   
lyons

Activity: 294

Vertex.Market, the World's First ICO Aftermarket

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:26:06 AM

how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com Huh

To protect your wallet, first, you should never click the links which you are not sure about their reliability. And secondly, you must check every time if the website name is correct, before open your wallet.

duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:33:06 AM

Earlier I used JSON file and password. But after consulting a lot of ideas I switched to Metamask. It is much safer and easy to use.
gracer88

Activity: 378

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:16:38 AM

It is necessary to beware of phishing sites. But you can also use the free application-MetaMask or buy hardware wallets. Then you can use MEW without fear. Wink

paramex

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:47:41 AM

I do not think to break the wallet, the private key must be stored offline on the flash drive with the password, and not in the text file on the desktop, so you do not have to shout at all hacked forums. And of course, do not go to the same Myetherwallet through the search engine on the first available link.so store anything and never let anyone know your password and never let you know your private key.

Iniya

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:28:44 PM

I think you should use only with MetaMask or EAL, or cryptonite, but I prefer Metamask from all of this
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:31:09 PM

this is my precautions:
1) installed metamask
2) installed Crhome extension Ethaddresslockup -> I access to websiste by it
3) for large amount I always use my Ledger Nano S with MEW...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: