Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:28:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com ???  (Read 961 times)
PayneCharity

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:22:56 PM

If you want to protect your myetherwallet well, then I think we should save the personal security key in a piece of paper and put it in the safe. Personal keys should not be stored on websites and social networks
casternetwork

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:24:16 PM

how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com Huh
If you do not tell someone including your family about your token storage in myethwallet, then I think your myethwallet wallet will be safe.

Am I spamming? Report me!
boserobot

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:24:30 PM

If you are unsure about your computer security use trezor or ledger nano s. It is worth it.
bitcoinhunter1221

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:27:16 PM

Be sure to keep your private key safely and not to paste it on anywhere else. Also avoid getting phished because there are a lots of phishing sites out there and virus key logger.
piterpie

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:28:48 PM

I recommend using metamask. Most people have abandoned myethwallet and switched over to using metamask. The metamask is very safe and no one seems to be able to steal your tokens
Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:33:58 PM

I think cryptonite will do the job to keep you safe during the time when you surf on myetherwallet. Don't forget that you can also stack some cash and buy yourself a nano ledger and in that way you're funds will be more safer.

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:37:51 PM

Link it with the Ledger Nano S to have fully protected wallet so your funds will be safe forever.Or keep your MEW offline as much as possible and keep your private keys safe and bookmark your site which can help you.from entering into clone sites.But you need to know that nothing is fully secured.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
sangtuosimino

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:41:16 PM

I have used my myetherwallet wallet for over a year and never had anything stolen. I never opened suspicious links in the mail. In a number of airdrop events that took part in the last year, some of the projects needed to provide the private key, which would not be a fraud. In addition, when using PC, clean up the cookie in time.
5hoursaday

Activity: 127

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 09:28:35 PM

You should use myetherwallet with the metamask extension that is provided on their website for extra security on your wallet but mainly the best way for you to secure your wallet boils down to you keeping your passwords and your private keys safe and away from places where hackers and others can get to them and use it to log into your wallet.
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:36:08 AM

When accessing MEW from the web, be sure to verify if its the correct url that you visit, and in the left side, before the url, there is a small green padlock that says "secure". Its best that you bookmark the website of MEW. Make sure also to secure your json file, and never use private keys when you are going to access your MEW to avoid phishing attack.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
netadacadug

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:24:03 AM

By the way, only you is the the one know how to protect your wallet for hacker, for me i protect my wallet by keeping my private key to someone, donot open your wallet into the site that not safe espicialy in wy ether wallet .com many site look like this its better that you have a protecting site that inform you if the site you open is not safe.
indrofx78

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:40:18 AM

Import walet MEW address to  IMTOKEN  Android Walet  and this is safer.

and you no longer worry about WEB phishing.

create new addres again in IMTOKEN, this walet special for trading, like in FORKdelta, EtherDelta, Idex,

If you want to sell a token, send it to a newly created swallow, then just log in on Exchange using the Second Walet.

this way is safe, but a little more for the cost of Gas FEE
Ms Nuha

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:54:14 AM

I think it's better you can use Metamask instead of Myetherwallet. Do not copy your private key directly to another wallet because the risk is very high. In order for you to be safe from hacking, you should be able to keep your own private key, not too many people know because it is very dangerous. So metamask would be the right solution to avoid hacking.
duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:58:13 AM

I usually access MEW with JSON files and passwords. Do not use private key. Carefully check the website address and not visit the web when there are dangerous warnings.
yaelahwall

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:22:46 AM

I will give some advice to protect myetherwallet. I also use these tips to secure myetherwallet. You should not give your private key to others, including your siblings. I keep a private key on my pc that I alone know. I do not store it in google drive, dropbox or other online storage media. Never insert a private key into a website other than MEW because it could be a trap of hackers. You should always check the authenticity of MEW web address, it could be a web phishing that has a web look like mew. It could be another trap of these irresponsible hackers. Then, use the Chrome Browser Extension EAL or MetaMask to block malicious sites. Always check the URL in Browser Bar: https://www.myetherwallet.com. and always make sure that the bar is green and says MYETHERWALLET LLC [US].

Raidal

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:32:59 AM

I will give some advice to protect myetherwallet. I also use these tips to secure myetherwallet. You should not give your private key to others, including your siblings. I keep a private key on my pc that I alone know. I do not store it in google drive, dropbox or other online storage media. Never insert a private key into a website other than MEW because it could be a trap of hackers. You should always check the authenticity of MEW web address, it could be a web phishing that has a web look like mew. It could be another trap of these irresponsible hackers. Then, use the Chrome Browser Extension EAL or MetaMask to block malicious sites. Always check the URL in Browser Bar: https://www.myetherwallet.com. and always make sure that the bar is green and says MYETHERWALLET LLC [US].

I will just add some tips in securing myetherwallet. You don’t  easily believe in messages that sent via email, reddit, twitter, slack and other media. Perhaps, it's one of the hacker strategies to steal your private key. Always highlight it in the link section and don’t click on it, when we highlight so the link will appear the address at the bottom left corner of the browser, we must make sure whether the address is trusted or not. Furthermore, don’t provide confidential information on websites that you have accidentally clicked it. Maybe, the website will automatically save your private key. Furthermore, do not click any ads on the website and if necessary install adblocker to avoid other things.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:47:53 AM

To be 100% sure just follow 2 tips:

1. Make a habit to access MEW only from bookmarks bar. Thus you'll avoid a phishing attack.
2. Buy Ledger/Trezor. This will be a well-spent money, if you are serious about crypto, go for it! Cord storage will work too, but one day you'd be too lazy to use it because of inconvenience. MEW work great will Ledger, not sure about Trezor.

trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:50:10 AM

don't using google DNS 8.8.8.8 when myetherwallet is hacked,i have worst experience about login in myetherwallet,better login with metamask

Devourer

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:51:14 AM

make sure the site is green and in the bar it say myetherwallet.com,be careful
Annieluvyou

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:56:49 AM

The choice would be using and offline wallet or hardware wallet, for the hardware wallet it has its price but your wallet will be protected for sure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: