Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:08:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com ???  (Read 961 times)
Westinhome

Activity: 1610
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 05:01:27 AM

how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com Huh
Well they have some many ways how to be safe our wallet in myetherwallet, And make sure to avoid open a link if you think this will be a phising site. Actually they some website are same of myetherwallet ill think that was a phising site so make sure just always the link of the MEW that you open.
gokusenpai0302

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 05:14:05 AM

Don't ever upload your credential to any cloud storage server, for example, you will save it in a document and upload it to Google driver or any other cloud server. You will never know when the attackers will steal your data online especially your account credentials. Only your wallet address will be shared and nothing more than that, always write down your private keys or passwords in a piece of paper and hide it wherever you want.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:26:59 AM

If you keep it real its really simple, things I do to safeguard my ETH wallet:

1. I use a hardware wallet and use offline client of MEW to do transactions, it saves me from unknowingly logging into phishing sites.
2. Considering the fact that you do not have a hardware wallet, then the following things you must do:

a. Never ever store your private key digitally, i.e. on email or even on your computer in a notepad file. If you are infected with a malware, your keys are not safe. Better to take a print copy of your keys and keep it on a paper somewhere safe.

b. Install metamask addon, it safeguards you from entering into a phishing website. Metamask stores a database of phishing websites and updates it on a regular basis. So if you have metamask installed and unknowingly you moved on a phishing website, it will block you and redirect you to the warning page.

c. When you are copy pasting your private keys or even public keys during a transaction, re-read it multiple times before clicking on the transaction button. In past we have seen cases, when the key you copied comes different from the key you pasted, this happens because of malware infection.

sunnydmd

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:42:28 AM

I just use mew for my bounty wallet, never use it to hold important coins or big money.
I just don't trust them, cause there were too much hack in the past, and I don't think it's easy to hacked, but it happened, must be the website's trick.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
makatia

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:14:30 AM

If you have enough knowledge of it then you can play big with it
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:32:04 AM

enough with the shortcoming in the not too open a site unknown or dangerous. These sites usually contain phishing scams which will be able to steal all of the identity we have to include a wallet that we have as well. MEW is still safe but only subject to the use that is done just how.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:34:12 AM

the BEST way to protect your wallet is to use an HARDWARE ONE like Ledger Nano S or Trezor.. with 100 $ or few more you can hold or trade without any problems of thefts..
Malbaunti

Activity: 189
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:50:59 AM

Use MetaMask, Ledger Wallet, TREZOR. You can also use a separate laptop and install myetherwallet offline wallet on it. Do not store keys and passwords on your computer. Carefully check the site, so as not to get to the phishing site.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:05:24 AM

Bookmarked it to you browser in order not to click with a phishing site, install also anti spyware to your computer, avoid clicking any unfamiliar email or link that you didn't know whose came from, their are many ways that hackers and online theft to steal you wallet and be very careful.
CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:13:14 AM

Buy yourself a hardware wallet and you will be happy. Now the only reliable wallet that should be used in my opinion is Trezor. I acquired it and stopped thinking about how to protect myself. You can also store passwords and keys on a separate hard drive.
Orsen

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:23:23 AM

You do not need to protect it, you just have to adhere to the rules of use, that is to look at the site link, so that there were no unnecessary windows and a block in the browser's line!
galinskiydmitriy

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 08:42:37 AM

To protect yourself from theft of funds, use offline wallets for storage. If you do decide to keep the funds on MyEtherWallet, then try not to put your wallet anywhere, and also beware of phishing sites.
WillBe

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:04:12 PM

How to make our wallet not hit by hack then never give password or private key We have to those around us either that close friend especially distant because maybe someday they will try to open our property, and never register a project using private key. If our wallet account has been hacked then it is better not to use it again because it is not safe to use and surely we will experience loss again.
zbaharudin

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:13:42 PM

Must be careful when following any bounty carefully pingisian form time not to fill the wrong key, if the wallet pake password make a strong with so hackers do not easily detect our wallet address, and do not carelessly save the wallet.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:25:48 PM

The way to protect your private key (1) do not expose your private key to anybody no matter how close they may be to you. (2) Don't save your private key on your email it is not save your email could be hacked. (3) make sure you print out your private key and keep it in a place that is known to you alone.
tolobua

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:41:34 PM

in MyEtherumWallet usually each registered account has an Eth Address and a private key code where both addresses have their respective functions. All you have to know is the code private key function to login to our wallet, this code should be kept well do not let other people know and do not mistake this code or promote it in your post or in Eth Adrress column. This code is strictly confidential and should not be lost. If someone knows about it just get ready your account is hacked by hackers.
4garret

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:48:37 PM

Be careful when entering the eth address when you want to register gan, now again the ramp of airdrop be careful when entering the eth address lest you enter the private key. Do not enter the site is not clear as well, Now there are very many hecker who are targeting eth or bitcoin.
INAQAMAQQU

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:31:01 PM

Always try login using using matemask, trezor or another, avoid using private key but always make sure the bar that show the green colour "MyEtherWallet Inc (US)".
jhowww

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:35:12 PM

1. NEVER give your private key away!
2. Bookmark MEW url so you know you are always visiting to the correct URL
3. If you are doing airdrops, it's best that you use a separate wallet for your airdrops
GsxR150

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:09:15 PM

Keep the wallet is very important so as not to be stolen by the hackers, so you must be careful to keep an account with one of them you do not give a private when joining the bounty campaign and also do not click incoming email is not clear because it can be detected our account so that the existing coin in the wallet we can steal it, that's my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: