Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:28:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com ???  (Read 961 times)
Ms Nuha

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:56:18 AM

how to protect your wallet myetherwallet.com Huh

I do not think to break the wallet, the private key must be stored offline on the flash drive with the password, and not in the text file on the desktop, so you do not have to shout at all hacked forums. And of course, do not go to the same Myetherwallet through the search engine on the first available link.so store anything and never let anyone know your password and never let you know your private key.
Westinhome

Activity: 1596
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 01:27:00 AM

Don't ever upload your credential to any cloud storage server, for example, you will save it in a document and upload it to Google driver or any other cloud server. You will never know when the attackers will steal your data online especially your account credentials. Only your wallet address will be shared and nothing more than that, always write down your private keys or passwords in a piece of paper and hide it wherever you want.
Actually some of my password or my UTC in myetherwallet some of them ill save on my phone or in my flashdrive, Because iwould like to aware some people using link files to enter to your wallet. So for now be safe always care about your wallet.
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:31:50 AM

Personally, I will write it down my private key on a paper. Don't save it to your PC via notepad.
Always connect your MEW using Metamask while login. I think that's the most secure way right now.
Well, actually I have a more secure option, leave MEW, and please using another wallet like Mycrypto or Blue wallet.

luckyFF

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:34:29 AM

You need MetaMask and it is safe to use it with MEW.
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:38:43 AM

Don't ever upload your credential to any cloud storage server, for example, you will save it in a document and upload it to Google driver or any other cloud server. You will never know when the attackers will steal your data online especially your account credentials. Only your wallet address will be shared and nothing more than that, always write down your private keys or passwords in a piece of paper and hide it wherever you want.
Actually some of my password or my UTC in myetherwallet some of them ill save on my phone or in my flashdrive, Because iwould like to aware some people using link files to enter to your wallet. So for now be safe always care about your wallet.

That will be one of the wise move to store your private key and UTC and passwords in a safe storage away from internet connection to prevent it from sudden exposure to hackers, do not open your wallet excessively also to prevent from too much exposure of your key to prevent hacks activity, open your wallet using  viewing only with the use of your wallet address.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
ktmola95

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 05:34:33 AM

One of my friend's MEW was hacked. He is a pro in IT. But he is victim. He told me to use MetaMask to access my MEW. Also, he told me to use another browser only for that purpose because hacker can access your browser clipboard.
Cryptodiamond12

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:53:11 AM

People should use whatever tool they can understand best and use it with confidence. Regardless of what tool you use to create your wallet ,you should always store all the necessary information in multiple places,store in multiple physical places because if your house burns down, that laptop and piece of paper are both gone, you have to be careful not to expose these places that necessary information are being stored. more importantly do not expose or give your private key to some other person.
Triopeloda

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:47:08 AM

I do not think to break the wallet, the private key must be stored offline on the flash drive with the password, and not in the text file on the desktop, so you do not have to shout at all hacked forums. And of course, do not go to the same Myetherwallet through the search engine on the first available link.so store anything and never let anyone know your password and never let you know your private key.

lavishlife

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:59:20 AM

There are many ways to protect your funds in MyEtherWallet,

1. Install Cryptonite by Metacret (Google Extension) to block malicious websites.
2. Always check the URL: https://www.myetherwallet.com.
3. Always make sure the URL bar has MYETHERWALLET INC in green.
4. And lastly, don't trust anyone.
PeriKecilkitty

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:41:41 AM

akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 06:55:08 AM

1.Avoid phishing sites.
2. Make sure https://www.myetherwallet.com/ is bookmarked.
3. Only use one device when accessing wallet.
4.Secure the private key.
5.Create a backup on your wallet (private key and JSON)
6. Don't let anyone know about your password.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
3kpk3

Activity: 896
Merit: 148

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 07:01:48 AM

I agree with you. The private key is the most important aspect which needs to be considered in this aspect. Many people tend to forget to store their private keys which could land them in trouble in the future. I also urge crypto newbies not to give their private keys to anyone apart from the people that they can truly trust. Scammers are coming up with more and more creative ways to scam people which is why we need to be extra careful here.

paulscathedral

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Don't use your private keys unless you have to. Carefully refer to the address of the sites on which you leave your passwords. Never follow the links that come to your email. Use Metamask - it can be used to enter the MEW, and do not need to enter your private keys.
EricJones

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:21:00 PM

Do not always log into your wallet using your private keys. Only open your wallet using your private keys when you absolutely have to do so. Also you can transfer your wallet data over to metamask as it is much safer there, using both together will give you maximum security on your wallet and be careful where you store your private keys
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:46:01 PM

I somehow started having problems with my MyEtherWallet wallets, which were that when I used the private key and was preparing to move my tokens, after I transferred ethereum to this wallet, for 5-10 minutes my tokens who I had time to translate from my wallet first. I was advised to dial the key manually, do not use copying. It took more time, but after that, the thefts of tokens ceased.
Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:45:56 PM

It is best to buy a hardware wallet, but if there is no such opportunity or you just do not want to do it, then just store your data on a hard drive or a flash drive that does not have access to the Internet, do not send passwords through social networks.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
platinov_and

Activity: 364
Merit: 110

SPOKKZ

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:13:01 PM

1. BE sure that you are accessing the right URL. Don't trust Google/Bing ads on search results.
2. Use it only with EAL or MetaMask or Cryptonite. I prefer MetaMask
3. Never access it with private key, because copy/paste data can be easily scrambled.

Yes, you have written really good rules here that will not allow fraudsters to seize your purse. Be careful and always check it out! Becoming a victim of scammers is very easy.

────────  SPOKKZ  ────────  
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── Join Pre-Sale
Morphing

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2018, 06:20:55 PM

Unfortunately, yes, now there are a lot of scammers who are ready at any time to empty your wallets. Therefore, it is extremely important to protect your wallet as much as possible.
Psychee

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:34:25 PM

all very easy and simple you need to invest in Socratus and then everything will be fine
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:07:21 PM

If you have an extra money it is much better to buy a hardware wallet like nano ledger or trezor these the alternative way to protect your asset stored from myetherwallet.com and for another alternative you can use metamask to guard against malicious software attack for cryptocurrency and most of all keep your private key very private.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: