Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:11:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best strategy to make more coins out of your current coins?  (Read 1977 times)
UnDerDoG81 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:42:59 PM

Hi,

I now actually own 17,5 BTC´s on MTGox and 17,5 BTC´s on Bitstamp. I wonder if there is any good strategy to multiply these coins by time?

For example, if the price raises (too, unusual) fastly, sell the coins on MtGox and buy back in when (if) the price drops? Or is there any good strategy?

My goal was to own 50 Coins but I did not bought yesterday on 580$ and now just bought at 766$ for 13,5K $ 17,5 Coins.

If I ever reach the goal of 50 Coins, I will forget about them and let the price raise.

EDIT: One thing, I must keep 50% of the coins. I only want to risk 50% of them because the other 50% I will keep forever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazycoin007

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:40:07 AM

buy low sell high or arbitrage...

The downside of buy low is huge price swing and unpredictability of price ceiling, you don't wanna sell high and afraid to miss the train by buying back higher.

Trading fee is high and rates at both exchange are syncing closing (possibly due to arbitrators). The spread is next to none after factored system and market risk, plus trading fees...
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:46:07 AM

Arb across the exchanges is not possible sine you cannot move fiat across easily

Just keep selling into tops for fiat and buy back btc after corrections...

aspiring

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 12:25:43 PM

Arb across the exchanges is not possible sine you cannot move fiat across easily

Just here to share my personal experience, as Arbitrage does work as I have moved coins to BTCChina from Gox, stamp and btce. With varying results, the most profitable example would be that massive rally earlier this week, where at one stage there was a 58% arbitrage spread. By taking it then would pretty much guarantee a solid ROI, which is way better than a gamble on it's continuous astronomical rise.

A word of warning, this has a different risk profile to speculating on Bitcoins, as Arbitrage has in all honesty not out performed Bitcoins insane increase in value over the past few weeks. But again, this is tailored to the segment of our investors that would rather want to see a steady X% return per round trip on their Government backed currency (Australian Dollars / US dollars / Chinese Yuan) than speculating on the unpredictable fluctuations in the value of Bitcoins.

I believe a mixture of speculation and arbitrage yields the best results, as both hold two very distinct risk profiles that complement each other during different stages of the cycle.

PM or skype me (id is "aspiringentrepreneur"), to discuss things further. as I'm definitely able to help people arbitrage their coins via our BTC -> CNY -> USD setup.

Cryptocurrency Consulting, www.globalbtc.com
Arbitrage and investment PE Fund, www.bitcoinsreserve.com
Bitcoin accepting Consumer Electronics E-tailer, www.millennius.com
UnDerDoG81 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:17:36 PM

Well, I thought there are some easy strategies but seems like not. The way "sell on high - buy on low" is the best of course but if only we would know when the highs and lows will happen Smiley

By the way, I think, for me, it is too risky to give my coins away to others sorry.
morningtime

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:58:55 PM

Well, I thought there are some easy strategies but seems like not. The way "sell on high - buy on low" is the best of course but if only we would know when the highs and lows will happen Smiley

By the way, I think, for me, it is too risky to give my coins away to others sorry.

The price keeps going up so fast, it's too difficult to try. I tried selling high, buying low, bit the price never came down again Smiley So I had to buy back higher. It just keeps going up.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 03:02:17 PM

The price keeps going up so fast, it's too difficult to try. I tried selling high, buying low, bit the price never came down again Smiley So I had to buy back higher. It just keeps going up.

Just wait a bit. It's coming back down probably to around 1/2 of where it is now. IMO.
UnDerDoG81 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:25:00 PM

Just lost 0.3 BTC only because of Mtgox fees and some speculation. Sold 17~ Coins at 820$ and bought back at 822$. Nothing for me.
keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 03:31:01 PM

Just here to share my personal experience, as Arbitrage does work as I have moved coins to BTCChina from Gox, stamp and btce.

How do you get your money out of China?

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
troy112

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:14:03 PM

Just lost 0.3 BTC only because of Mtgox fees and some speculation. Sold 17~ Coins at 820$ and bought back at 822$. Nothing for me.

Dude you have to be patient ... its not like they will just jump without anything good news..

And also spread ... don't buy or sell just once as a whole.. buy or small amount to minimize any losses.. fees are % so they will be same.

Just my little bit
aspiring

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 01:58:08 AM

Just here to share my personal experience, as Arbitrage does work as I have moved coins to BTCChina from Gox, stamp and btce.

Pretty straight forward, international USD wire to your designated bank account after arbitrage (BTC -> CNY -> USD) has been completed with the bitcoins provided.

Keeping in mind that Arbitrage generates a % ROI week on week depending on spread, and sometimes under performs the appreciation of bitcoin value, but it at least is a bit more of a sure thing, and as it has a different risk profile, is a great way for you to hedge and increase your government backed currency.

Cheers,
Sam

keatonatron

Activity: 308

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:46:23 AM

Pretty straight forward, international USD wire to your designated bank account after arbitrage (BTC -> CNY -> USD) has been completed with the bitcoins provided.

Keeping in mind that Arbitrage generates a % ROI week on week depending on spread, and sometimes under performs the appreciation of bitcoin value, but it at least is a bit more of a sure thing, and as it has a different risk profile, is a great way for you to hedge and increase your government backed currency.

Cheers,
Sam

Do you have a Chinese citizen doing the exchange and wire for you? Are they able to provide tax information for exchanging large amounts? Or have you found another way to move money out of the country?

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
aspiring

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 02:31:13 PM

Cheers,
Sam

Do you have a Chinese citizen doing the exchange and wire for you? Are they able to provide tax information for exchanging large amounts? Or have you found another way to move money out of the country?

I am an Australian Born Chinese, and my wife is a Chinese Citizen (from Beijing), she does the wires, we use a combination of shadow banks and relatives who own international trade businesses to exchange the required amound of RMB into USD to keep the machine going.

Moving money is not a problem when you've got trusted networks, the real bottleneck we usually face is when spreads are really good, we usually end up running out of bitcoins to sell, so to tap into other peoples reserves "on demand" I think is a great way to capitalise on spreads when they are at their best (at one stage BTC China and BTC E had a 58% spread on the 18th of Nov rally).

I believe a mixture of speculation and arbitrage yields the best results, as both hold two very distinct risk profiles that complement each other during different stages of bitcoins growth cycle.

If you're looking to capitalise on future arbitrage opportunities, my skype id is "aspiringentrepreneur", feel free to add me to discuss things further.

Cheers,
Sam

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:24:26 PM

Sounds good, Sam

Looks like you have a pretty useful gig going on   Wink

Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:55:55 PM

Just wait a bit. It's coming back down probably to around 1/2 of where it is now. IMO.
What makes you think this? I wouldn't be surprised if it went down again, but HALF seems quite extreme.
anonymous_acc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:37:09 PM

What do you think about alt-coins, when this market becomes an adult, is 6 confirmations ( 1 hour ) too big time slice for such game?

BTC: 1HRcwjxG2H5vSnNo5ZbGqMxRPFWJk6dwW9
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: