Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:41:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rbitcoin - R & bitcoin integration (bitstamp, btce, kraken)  (Read 7130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MusX (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 11:49:55 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 07:42:25 PM by MusX

Rbitcoin - R & bitcoin integration (bitstamp, btce, kraken)

I would like to share R package. Current version 0.9
R is programming environment, R packages are the plugins.

Use cases:
- place limit buy/sell orders without the need to enter lagged market’s websites - you can place an order in a most efficient way, directly on market’s API.
- call any other method on the market’s API, both public and private.
- transform the data returned by API calls to tabular shape.
- easy to code a stop loss (download ticker, conditionally place order).
- build a wider logic on the package and create any bot you can imagine.

Package advantages:
- open source
- handle following markets: mtgox, bitstamp, btce, kraken
- unification of in-out data structures used in markets API communication
- error handling (R level error and market level error)
- comprehensive documentation

Package is available in the global repository cran, which increase its accessibility.
Link to package on cran: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rbitcoin/index.html

In R application you need to run:
Code:
install.packages("Rbitcoin", dependencies = TRUE)                     #package installation
library("Rbitcoin")                                                   #package loading
?btc                                                                  #run documentation
Documentation is also available in pdf on site linked above.

R homepage: http://www.r-project.org/
Recommended also RStudio (Powerful IDE for R): http://www.rstudio.com/

BTC donation: bitcoin:15Mb2QcgF3XDMeVn6M7oCG6CQLw4mkedDi

known issues in 0.9:
- I forget to export antiddos function, call it by Rbitcoin:::antiddos till the next update

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:36:55 AM

I'm very happy that you are sharing this R package. I'm going to test it.
And I'm happy you've included kraken in the list of supported exchange.

I dunno I will find to do test it today, but as soon as I get some review, I'll let you know.

One last thing: are you planning to host the code somewhere like github or similar ?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
MusX (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:17:47 PM

I'm very happy that you are sharing this R package. I'm going to test it.
And I'm happy you've included kraken in the list of supported exchange.

I dunno I will find to do test it today, but as soon as I get some review, I'll let you know.

One last thing: are you planning to host the code somewhere like github or similar ?
Yes, I've share it on github, v0.6, but I'm not updating it currently, github require .net on windows platform which I do not use. I think I will stick with the cran for now (updates there allowed each 1-2 months). The only changes which I'm currently planning to do till v1.0 is to extend the api.dict for all common API methods + more error catching, so it affect market.api.process only.
If you are using the package on one market only, or at least build a logic per market, you should not see any difference, as you can, and probably want to, use market.api.query (it returns full results from market's API). If you are going to build market independent logic than, yes, you might be interested of market.api.process.
Unfortunately I'm currently focus on other project, Rbitcoin will be updated, but because of that other project I will stick with cran and monthly updates.
I'm not sure if required packages will be loaded automatically when loading Rbitcoin, be aware of require/library them (RCurl, RJSONIO, digest, data.table).

realcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:35:47 PM

Hi thanks!
I have installed R and RStudio now, but have to take some time, to look if i can do something and what i will understand. Wink

I am not "Realcoin REC"! There were no REC when I sign up the forum...
MusX (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:36:07 PM

Update was done recently, current version is 0.8, heavily extended, all changes listed in NEWS on the package homepage in CRAN. Rbitcoin v0.8 Windows binaries are not yet in all of the mirrors so it is recommended to download now using:
Code:
install.packages("Rbitcoin", dependencies = TRUE, repos = "http://cran.us.r-project.org")

Praeconium

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:50:45 PM

Hello MusX,

congratz, R community needs this, I suggest You publish it over at r-projects.org as well.

Most of stuff I assume builds up on Your previous script for collecting mtgox realtime data, which I used. Thanks.

Will report the results when I get the chance to use it more.
MusX (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:07:31 AM

Rbitcoin 0.9 just released to CRAN

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:22:54 PM

subscribed

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:58:17 PM

Really nice work, I'm going to test it tomorrow, is there anyway or are you thinking on making it compatible with a blockchain explorer to get information for specified address on tabular form?

will donate on next payment from work.. keep up the good work.
MusX (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:56:54 PM

It already fetches data from blockchain.info, if not already in tabular form then in close to tabular (list with tabular, or tabular with list, etc). Should be easy to transform.
The project is not much actively developed anymore, I believe at least to the next bobble Smiley

Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:07:31 AM

It already fetches data from blockchain.info, if not already in tabular form then in close to tabular (list with tabular, or tabular with list, etc). Should be easy to transform.
The project is not much actively developed anymore, I believe at least to the next bobble Smiley

Thanks for your answer i just saw the date...I'll try to use it tomorrow, installation went smooth, if i can get some data from blockchain.info with it then should be pretty easy easy to convert to my desired format with R.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:26:57 PM

Thank you so much for this. I'll try it soon  Smiley

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
MusX (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:53:12 PM

If you are using the package on one market only, or at least build a logic per market, you should not see any difference, as you can, and probably want to, use market.api.query (it returns full results from market's API). If you are going to build market independent logic than, yes, you might be interested of market.api.process.I'm not sure if required packages will be loaded automatically when loading Rbitcoin, be aware of require/library them (RCurl, RJSONIO, digest, data.table).I think I will stick with the cran for now (updates there allowed each 1-2 months). The only changes which I'm currently planning to do till v1.0 is to extend the api.dict for all common API methods + more error catching, so it affect market.api.process only.
Unfortunately I'm currently focus on other project, Rbitcoin will be updated, but because of that other project I will stick with cran and monthly updates.

Looks like mine post, seems to be valid too... anyway
I don't plan to release further versions to CRAN repo. I already settled using locally per-package repositories hosted on github.io or gitlab.io (installation is seamless from package source directly). Besides there isn't much development ongoing now, and no plans for any. Package is working fine, and I already moved to other non-cryptocurrency related projects.
Current version of Rbitcoin is 0.9.5.1 (2015-10-04).
Last release to CRAN was 0.9.2 (2014-09-01).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: