Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer Metatask To myetherwalle  (Read 158 times)
ulages (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 01:23:13 AM

Hello Folks,

Anyone know how to transfer tokens from metamask to myetherwallet ?

Thanks

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
as9ardia

Activity: 541
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 02:40:12 AM

in case you want to transfer from metamask to myetherwallet with different wallet address (from address A to address B)
as long as i know, for now metamask does not yet have some default User Interface (UI) to send your Token, but i hear that you can use some web interface to send your token,.. try to use wallet.ethereum.org to manage your token.

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
caotringhia

Activity: 277
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:00:56 AM

Log in to Metamask, then go to Myetherwallet and click connect to Metamask. Add your token and execute the transfer.
Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:02:50 PM

First of all can I confirm what is the issues you are having?

Metamask - wallet A
MEW - Wallet B

You want to transfer funds from Wallet A to Wallet B? If so you can do a transfer via MEW or Metamask without issue.

If you are referring to import your current MEW wallet that has all your coins and porting it to Metamask using "the same wallet address as MEW" instead of Metamask wallet, you can use "import wallet" from metamask and your original MEW wallet will be inside.

I personally have MEW in metamask and 1 metamask wallet too (2 in it)

P/S :  Remember to add your tokens in Metamask if you need to see those tokens / coins in your wallets
edundayo

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:52:04 PM

Hello Folks,

Thanks

Just wanted to add that you be careful with MEW until there is an official statement that the coast is clear,
as I want to assume you are aware that MEW was recently a target of hackers and many people lost their coins.

A quitter never wins and winners never quit!
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 02:46:11 AM

To go off what edundayo said, beware of phishing, Coinomi's mobile wallet is a good alternative

Mintdice.com
ulages (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 06:49:33 PM

Thanks guys!

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:04:09 PM

Thanks guys!

I hope everything worked out. But in case you didn't do anything until now: stop with everything, take a deep breath and research the following:
  • Etherem
  • MyEtherWallet
  • Metamask

Your question gives the impression that you're not very well informed about what tools you are using and how they work. If there is real money involved - which I guess it is - know what you're doing, else you might lose your funds.

paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:39:11 PM

Thanks guys!

I hope everything worked out. But in case you didn't do anything until now: stop with everything, take a deep breath and research the following:
  • Etherem
  • MyEtherWallet
  • Metamask

Your question gives the impression that you're not very well informed about what tools you are using and how they work. If there is real money involved - which I guess it is - know what you're doing, else you might lose your funds.

A good alternative would also be to get a hardware wallet such as a Trezor or Nano Ledger S.
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:52:23 PM

You can create new ERC-20 address on Myetherwallet or Mycrypto. After that login to your wallet, find erc-address and send from metamask to your new ethwallet any tokens which you want
tuansemazi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:39:41 AM

You must first show the token in your metamask wallet. After showing the token, you enter the address of the wallet recipient of the token, click send to transfer token to mew.
colkcolk

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:53:12 AM

As long as I know, metamask is a safer method recommended by MEW to avoid hack even the wallet address still uses MEW. So you do not need to transfer tokens from metamask to MEW as both of them are engaged. You just need MEW to transfer the tokens to other address, so no need to transfer your tokens to your metamask except if you want to transfer your tokens to other address.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: