Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:56:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Message to BITSTAMP: You need to change ASAP. You're now almost as bad as mtgox.  (Read 3180 times)
bzzard

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:07:41 AM

I will add that bitstamp public API is very poor. Two reasons:
 - there's no way to get historical trades (by id and/or time)
 - there's no trade type (sell/buy)

Those two are very important features, also very easy to implement.
I have no idea how it's possible to be comfortable with things like that (because they know about this, I've send some requests).

BTCCharts.com - still for free!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:50:32 AM

BitStamp has always worked great for me. The only issue I experienced was my fault (although their support would not get my full marks). I can't say the same of MtGox for sure.

In regards to the missing transfers problem, here my conspiration theory based only on posts in this forum:

* there has been a software fuckup starting 12.11.2013 and ending 15.11.2013.
* they communicated about it first on 18.11.2013 and then on 20.11.2013 said it's all resolved.
* it's not resolved for some and support has gone unresponsive on them: some transfers on 12.11.2013 seem to have ended up a black hole.

Now fixing this one is a delicate matter and depends on why and how the data is missing (hardware fuckup? insider theft? bank stole the money? do lawyers need to be involved?). Every cent needs to be accounted for. Some people are surely trying to scam BitStamp by claiming they sent money they never sent.
Also they need to be careful about their communication because admitting the fuckup might be damaging for their business. And so would be hiding their heads in the sand and hoping it all goes away.

Once more BitStamp has always worked great for me and I hope they do the right thing and restore everyone's faith quickly.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:33:10 PM

BitStamp has always worked great for me. The only issue I experienced was my fault (although their support would not get my full marks). I can't say the same of MtGox for sure.

In regards to the missing transfers problem, here my conspiration theory based only on posts in this forum:

* there has been a software fuckup starting 12.11.2013 and ending 15.11.2013.
* they communicated about it first on 18.11.2013 and then on 20.11.2013 said it's all resolved.
* it's not resolved for some and support has gone unresponsive on them: some transfers on 12.11.2013 seem to have ended up a black hole.

Now fixing this one is a delicate matter and depends on why and how the data is missing (hardware fuckup? insider theft? bank stole the money? do lawyers need to be involved?). Every cent needs to be accounted for. Some people are surely trying to scam BitStamp by claiming they sent money they never sent.
Also they need to be careful about their communication because admitting the fuckup might be damaging for their business. And so would be hiding their heads in the sand and hoping it all goes away.

Once more BitStamp has always worked great for me and I hope they do the right thing and restore everyone's faith quickly.

I agree, in principle I'm not giving up on stamp yet. I've tried other exchanges, and followed the news about those that I didn't use yet, and I'm still quite sure bitstamp is my best option right now.

But that's what I tried to communicate in my original post, no? That they need to turn ship *now*, because they're losing a lot of goodwill. Recurring downtime, transfer delays (which seems mainly to be solved now), and most importantly, lack of regular communication.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
serves-two

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:55:31 PM

Recurring downtime, transfer delays (which seems mainly to be solved now), and most importantly, lack of regular communication.

Goddamn it, and engine bugs that mean you're being robbed.  I am stunned that people aren't really furious about this!
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:24:53 PM

Recurring downtime, transfer delays (which seems mainly to be solved now), and most importantly, lack of regular communication.

Goddamn it, and engine bugs that mean you're being robbed.  I am stunned that people aren't really furious about this!

I am, but what can you do other than leave bitstamp? If you piss them off enough I'm sure they will find a way to run with your coins as this is an unregulated pile of shit.

I was essentially robbed for a few hunderd dollars yesterday evening.

As I said before, Bitstamp can suck a fat one.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
olli

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:17:10 PM

Just to be fair, while stamp posted that they upgraded their hardware, I got to say indeed it seemed quite stable the last couple of days and the fees are also shown correctly again. So definitely a step in the right direction!
99Percent

Activity: 402
Merit: 100

🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 03:59:32 AM

someone at Bitstamp, please resolve ticket #28362, it has been almost a week with no response whatsoever.

99Percent

🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 11:07:25 PM

I am missing a large fiat withdrawal from Bitstamp since November 20 and nobody there replies to my support tickets.

Can anyone suggest a course of action?

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:43:52 PM

I am missing a large fiat withdrawal from Bitstamp since November 20 and nobody there replies to my support tickets.

Can anyone suggest a course of action?

not sure if that's the ideal way to go but i'd normally throw tickets and mails on staff every 12 hours.
after third time with no response i'd start getting grumpy and start decently phrased rants mentioning something about involving a lawyer.

i have the assumption that your withdrawal got probably lost during bitstamp's banking software issue recently.
if you got a withdrawal mail you could also forward it to support mail address. (better cover all channels to reach staff)

from my personal experience after mentioning a lawyer a company usually gets moving to prevent further costs. (helped me quite often in my life)

99Percent

🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 12:39:04 AM

Thank you  hlynur

I am going to have to threaten legal action. I hate to say this but I don't recommend using Bitstamp anymore because whatever issue that might have caused this doesn't excuse ZERO communication on their part.

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:47:47 AM

Thank you  hlynur

I am going to have to threaten legal action. I hate to say this but I don't recommend using Bitstamp anymore because whatever issue that might have caused this doesn't excuse ZERO communication on their part.

yea support is still a joke compared to the money these exchanges make, if it's bitstamp or gox.
good luck, i hope playing the lawyer card wakes their support staff up.
no response to a withdrawal problem after more than two weeks is simply not acceptable.

oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:51:23 PM

Thank you  hlynur

I'll say as much in their defense, I never had deposit/withdrawal problems (apart from waiting for a few days before some amount was credited), but if what you say is true, that's not good obviously.

You're verified, I assume, so that cannot be the problem. I suggest opening another thread in this subforum, or adding a comment to one of the "main" Bitstamp threads (you can find them, the ones that have a lot of pages), to my knowledge hazek (forum user associated with Bitstamp), responds to the more urgent posts sometimes.

Good luck, and let us know how/if it was resolved.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
testik1

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:25:47 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 02:21:40 PM by testik1

I'm a verified user and have been pleased with Bistamp so far, but now I'm starting to get pissed..
I've received two withdrawals from bitstamp before and had one sepa-deposit received to my account in just a matter of days.

Now however, I've been waiting for over a month for my sepa-deposit of 1400€ to be credited to my account. I got a response to my ticket more than two weeks ago, promising that "they'll look for my deposit". After that, nothing - no response to my further inquiries.

I sent the payment on the 29th of November, and now ordered an investigation at my bank. It was "good" (in a way) to read in another thread that there are two banks with the same BIC/SWIFT-code, maybe that's the case - but it would be weird since my first deposit was sent to the correct one..

> Edit, received my funds on 31st of December. Thank you Bitstamp! Communication wasn't perfect and it took it's time to be solved, but in the end all's good.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: