Neutral blue - 4 (36.4%)
Dolores - 0 (0%)
Watermelon - 0 (0%)
Orange on gray - 0 (0%)
Revert to original theme - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bH stats page theme vote  (Read 1080 times)
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 12:58:33 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2011, 12:41:10 PM by paraipanakos

As you can see, we all have personal preferences with colors and the stats page had some issues, macboy80 theme change was made trying to improve all that with little success atm.

Until bH will support pluggable themes (hope it does some day) we will have to agree on some colors so please vote your favorite from this page (thanks ed64 for the link) or feel free to make yours and post-it somewhere we can see it and add it to poll.

Macboy80 said it would be more than happy to comply with all of us so happy voting

edit: c00w reverted to original a while ago so I guess this pool it's not needed anymore, thanks for voting ppl

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 01:12:10 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2011, 01:27:51 PM by flower1024

obvious: i vote for a blue.(as it was me using it on the first stats page which just got copied (its still pd))

the theme idea shouldn't be very complex. i could rewrite the stats page that all colors are from an css file.

with jquery the css could be replaced easily (without reloading)
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 01:24:28 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2011, 01:48:39 PM by paraipanakos

obvious: i vote for a blue.

the theme idea shouldn't be very complex. i could rewrite the stats page that all colors are from an css file.

with jquery the css could be replaced easily (without reloading)

like the idea lack the knowledge to implement, I assume is on to-do list, atm we will agree on this simple issue like all bitcoin miners when they change difficulty Tongue

edit: I suppose when css will be supported this theme would be the default

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
ed64

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2011, 02:01:41 PM

Would like something between neutral blue and firenze, neutral blue a little too monochromatic for me. In anycase, not too fussed, except for the latest christmas tree changes, very startling...

Something ipad/iphone friendly would be my preference (not color wise, just in general)
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 02:03:54 PM

Would like something between neutral blue and firenze, neutral blue a little too monochromatic for me. In anycase, not too fussed, except for the latest christmas tree changes, very startling...

Something ipad/iphone friendly would be my preference (not color wise, just in general)

propose any theme you want, I will add it to pool (highest rated)

edit: haha you're really thinking waay ahead, that "ipad/iphone friendly" would be more like a theme not just a color scheme

hawks5999

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 03:51:41 PM

I think ryouiki's theme, layout and widgets are the best. I'd vote for that if it was in the poll.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2011, 04:25:49 PM

I think ryouiki's theme, layout and widgets are the best. I'd vote for that if it was in the poll.

yes agree with you but were voting for a color theme for c00w's, you would have to change more than colors to make it look like ryo's

joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 03:56:14 AM

hard to make an honest choice without actually seeing it. For me the most important aspect is functionality.
i'd like the ability to leave notes next to pools. but anyways that was off subject. I believe i would enjoy any of the top votes up there, but cant promise i wont complain after the fact  Wink

mooo for rent
macboy80

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 04:19:15 AM

@ paraipanakos
I appreciate your help with the pr and the poll here. I'm not seeing the contrast needed to do text with the above color schemes, however I did find something I could work with. Here is tonight's iteration. It's based on the sentient scheme from kuler.

@ everyone

I'm going to do a few of these, however I would appreciate any feedback you can provide as to what looks good / bad and whether there is too much color with the info and disable roles being color coded. The trouble with any scheme, in my opinion, is the high contrast needed to be able to read the text. Making the text bold would be a big help for my development if anyone can help with that. Thanks.
Endeavour79

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 04:34:59 AM

Thanks for your work..

First feedback..I really don't like the colours of your last screenshot  Grin

NSW, Australia - Rigs, Mining, Pools - Local help needed? Send me a message!
macboy80

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 04:58:38 AM

Thanks for your work..

Can you be more specific. Is it the background, graph, text for a particular role?
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:05:56 AM

I like the over all look ok, the colors of the roles arent really my style.

perhaps in the end when you do up all these styles, we can make a settings link on the webpage, and let people select which css file they want to use.

mooo for rent
macboy80

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:27:54 AM

I like the over all look ok, the colors of the roles arent really my style.

perhaps in the end when you do up all these styles, we can make a settings link on the webpage, and let people select which css file they want to use.

I think you're probably right. I'm gonna play around a little, and as long as I can understand how to apply my work to the the css page, I'll make it happen.

Just to clarify, your concern is with the static colors on the info, disable, and backup roles?
Does anyone else have this same concern?
Endeavour79

Activity: 174

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 08:27:44 AM

Thanks for your work..

Can you be more specific. Is it the background, graph, text for a particular role?

Sure..the background colour looks so old and odd..(for my taste..)

NSW, Australia - Rigs, Mining, Pools - Local help needed? Send me a message!
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 10:15:53 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2011, 10:26:08 AM by paraipanakos

Thanks for your work..

First feedback..I really don't like the colours of your last screenshot  Grin

Sure..the background colour looks so old and odd..(for my taste..)

@macboy80, credit  goes to c00w for making this possible, flower said it maybe implement some separated css styles when he can, keep up the good work

the one you just posted reminds me of pyramids, dunes of sahara... wow ... SandBHopper theme

joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 07:54:41 PM

Code:
Just to clarify, your concern is with the static colors on the info, disable, and backup roles?

yeah and as you an see you will have trouble pleasing everyone.
I dont care that much and would use what we had no matter the color.

Personally I like the background.. and agree it looks oldish but that is why i like it.

And I'm fine with the blue and green rolls.. the orange and .. er redish one I dont like too much..
and probably would like the highlighted pool..the one we are mining on to be brighter

and keep up the good work.

mooo for rent
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: