Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:47:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Wants To Prolong Life?  (Read 430 times)
theyoungmillionaire (OP)

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:50:45 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 03:38:44 PM by theyoungmillionaire
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I’m a fan on how to prolong life. I want to live forever, but I know my body cannot, only my name will.  I always believe that someday science will find a way to prolong life and can stop aging (bitcoin did not excess, look at it now). I am doing so much in life, grinding night and day to live a life that I wanted, and thinking it will soon end is somewhat unsatisfying.

News: Scientists keep alive brains of decapitated pigs to prompt ethics debate:

A system developed by a Yale University team is leading to suggestions their work could be developed for humans.

A team at Yale University have experimented on up to 200 pigs' heads, taken from an abattoir roughly four hours after the animals' slaughter, by connecting them to a system called "BrainEx".

Using the system of pumps, heaters and bags of artificial blood, Prof Sestan described how billions of individual cells were found to be healthy and capable of normal activity after circulation was restored to the pigs' brains.

Prof Sestan suggested use of the system, dubbed "brain in a bucket", would probably not be unique to pigs and was likely to work in any species, including primates.

The study is likely to provoke ethical questions, such as whether the work could be developed further to preserve human brains outside a body - an area explored in sci-fi and horror movies.

Prof Sestan said: "People are fascinated. We have to be careful how fascinated."

Currently, those hoping to prolong their life after death have resorted to having their bodies cryogenically frozen, in the hope medical science will be able to bring them back to life and cure their conditions at some point in the future.

"Hypothetically, somebody takes this technology, makes it better, and restores someone's [brain] activity.

"That is restoring a human being. If that person has memory, I would be freaking out completely."

Read more: https://news.sky.com/story/scientists-keep-alive-brains-of-decapitated-pigs-to-prompt-ethics-debate-11348206

You work hard every day as a Doctor, Professor, Developer, Banker, Trader, Manager, Teacher, etc., but for what. Of course, for our daily needs, have you think about all the things that you have right now. All the hard work will soon go and just stay in these shadows of the earth. How many of you by chance think of living forever?

Not only do many of the super-rich want immortality, but a good number of them are doing something about it. The likes of Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google, Larry Ellison, Co-founder of Oracle, and investor Peter Thiel are all putting money into ventures that are focused on extending the human life span.

A multitude of approaches being taken are aiming for immortality…or, at the very least, a much longer and healthier life. There is the idea of merging artificial intelligence with humans to avert death. By transferring your consciousness into an artificial brain, you will continue to live even though your body is worn out. Cryogenics is being seriously considered. Here they freeze your body and, at a minimum, your head until the field of medicine advances enough to bring you back.

Source: Who Wants To Live Forever?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itarachiu
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:58:03 AM

1. 95% raw fruits + raw vegetables is a major go. 5% cook food which is the meat.
2. Stay away from wheat(gluten), diary, artificial sugars, most of seeds, starch, processed foods made by humans or products made by humans like cigarettes and vaccines.
3. Get sunshine(vitamin D) everyday at least 15 minutes.
4. Don't let stress affect you.
5. Exercise 20-30 minutes everyday.

Optional: Find your passions.

That's the best advices I can give to you, if there are others I would like to hear as well.

Just a simple bitcoin web directory.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1497

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 06:07:25 AM

I like the idea of life lengthening, especially with life quality, but I think we all have to get the idea that at some point we are going to die, no matter science developments.

So many people have followed religions because they provide ease before the fear of death.

Nowadays wealthy people are spending their money in science projects because they fear dying as well.

But atomic bombs, cosmic cataclysms and the like will always be there.

So, I welcome whatever developments can bring us more life and more quality but I always have in mind that at some point this is going to end.

1. 95% raw fruits + raw vegetables is a major go. 5% cook food which is the meat.
2. Stay away from wheat(gluten), diary, artificial sugars, most of seeds, starch, processed foods made by humans or products made by humans like cigarettes and vaccines.
3. Get sunshine(vitamin D) everyday at least 15 minutes.
4. Don't let stress affect you.
5. Exercise 20-30 minutes everyday.

Optional: Find your passions.

That's the best advices I can give to you, if there are others I would like to hear as well.

That has nothing to do with what OP is talking about. That will make you live 80-90 years at most, and even if you do that, you can die young.

theyoungmillionaire (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:18:52 AM

I like the idea of life lengthening, especially with life quality, but I think we all have to get the idea that at some point we are going to die, no matter science developments.

So many people have followed religions because they provide ease before the fear of death.

Nowadays wealthy people are spending their money in science projects because they fear dying as well.

But atomic bombs, cosmic cataclysms and the like will always be there.

So, I welcome whatever developments can bring us more life and more quality but I always have in mind that at some point this is going to end.

Yeah, that is the frustrating part. I still believe that fountain of youth will soon be found by science.

Not only do many of the super-rich want immortality, but a good number of them are doing something about it. The likes of Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google, Larry Ellison, Co-founder of Oracle, and investor Peter Thiel are all putting money into ventures that are focused on extending the human life span.

A multitude of approaches being taken are aiming for immortality…or, at the very least, a much longer and healthier life. There is the idea of merging artificial intelligence with humans to avert death. By transferring your consciousness into an artificial brain, you will continue to live even though your body is worn out. Cryogenics is being seriously considered. Here they freeze your body and, at a minimum, your head until the field of medicine advances enough to bring you back.

Source: Who Wants To Live Forever?

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 06:30:23 AM

Not only do many of the super-rich want immortality, but a good number of them are doing something about it.

Yes, that’s what I said before:

Hundreds of years ago, the only thing wealthy people could to was to prey and give donations to Church, but nowadays they are spending their money to at least lengthen life, and at most to achieve immortality.

I find this a very interesting topic, I learned about it listening to Jose Luis Cordeiro, who talks about “the death of death”. He also talks about Cryogenics and transferring your brain.

Life lenghtening and immortality would bring other problem, like how we feed all those people, the ones that don’t die and the others that are born. But the optimistic scientists like Cordeiro believe that Science and Technology will solve these problems.

theyoungmillionaire (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:38:15 AM

Life lenghtening and immortality would bring other problem, like how we feed all those people, the ones that don’t die and the others that are born. But the optimistic scientists like Cordeiro believe that Science and Technology will solve these problems.

I'm sure they will find solutions by that time.

Is this the video: Jose Cordeiro - The Death of Death ?

If you have 100,000BTC, what will you do?

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 06:50:25 AM

Yes, that's one of the videos where he explains his views. He is so enthusiastic.

If I was loaded I would probably do the same: to spend a lot of money in those projects.

theyoungmillionaire (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:07:15 AM

If I was loaded I would probably do the same: to spend a lot of money in those projects.

Cryogenically frozen body will do, $100,000 to $200,000=whole body. Smiley
https://alcor.org/Library/html/CostOfCryonics.html

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:04:54 AM

Live forever on Earth full of schemers, liars, fascists,  murderers,  negative souls, self-centered souls, crooks, sadists,? The thought of living forever in this world always make me want to vomit. No amount of wealth will make me want to live forever in this kind of World. The World is never meant for me.

If you don't live a selfish life you wouldn't worry about death.

I  believe strongly that Death Is Not The End. The unknown Universe is way beyond mere atom, electron, proton, photon, quantum physics.

I want to age gracefully and die fulfilled
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:45:01 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 05:36:43 PM by steve_rogers

I´ve found out that the fear of death is a common thing for people between 25-35 years, but I still dont wanna die, so I discovered such a great think, that is called Biohacking
I always was passionate about healthy lifestyle(yoga, supplements, healthy food, mental relaxing, everyday activity and etc.), but I found a guy that have invested 200k$ in biohacking. I strongly recommend you to read this article, it definitely worth your attention if you wanna prolong your life.

Biohacking + investing in medical and educational spheres + started my own charity projects.
theyoungmillionaire (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:07:22 PM

I´ve found out that the fear of death is a common thing for people between 25-35 year,
Spot on. I’m 32

Biohacking + investing in medical and educational spheres + started my own charity projects.

Good choice mate.
For me charity projects + environmental projects.

Thank you for this Biohacking

steve_rogers

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:28:52 PM

Good choice mate.
For me charity projects + environmental projects.

Thank you for this Biohacking

You are welcome, here is one more how to biohack your intelligence . Both are "longread" articles, but they have changed a little bit my world's point of view.

Concerning environmental projects, I'd like to mark renewable sources of energy, as one of the top industries that should be developed nowadays.
But we also need to realize the causes - bad educated people.

To be honest, I don't understand why lucky bitcoin millionaires, haven't started to develop such extremely important spheres, they have an important source - money, which could easily be converted to any kind of other necessary sources . I hope most of them haven't lost themselves because of wealth like actors, politics and businessmen. So why we still haven't seen any big and important steps from them?
theyoungmillionaire (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:52:44 PM

Concerning environmental projects, I'd like to mark renewable sources of energy, as one of the top industries that should be developed nowadays.
But we also need to realize the causes - bad educated people.

To be honest, I don't understand why lucky bitcoin millionaires, haven't started to develop such extremely important spheres, they have an important source - money, which could easily be converted to any kind of other necessary sources . I hope most of them haven't lost themselves because of wealth like actors, politics and businessmen. So why we still haven't seen any big and important steps from them?

They are funding science projects that involve immortality, for them to enjoy their wealth forever. Smiley

steve_rogers

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:32:06 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 12:49:14 AM by steve_rogers

They are funding science projects that involve immortality, for them to enjoy their wealth forever. Smiley

Sounds too selfish, but it is their right  Smiley Although, I think that an integral part of self-development is charity and helping those who have less luck in life.
theyoungmillionaire (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:54:05 AM

Sounds too selfish, but it is their right  Smiley Although, I think that an integral part of self-development is charity and helping those who have less luck in life.

That is the reality of life. A choice. Smiley
I hope they will still find their way into helping people after science finally found the fountain of youth.

emulsifryer

Activity: 337
Merit: 10

Bet2dream.com

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:01:43 PM

100,000BTC is a big amount if you converted in into money but the problem is are you happy in your life if you have immortality? Well maybe you can do things like no normal person can do but still its not enough, yes i want also to live forever but God has a reason and a path that we should follow. We only live ones and make useful to it enjoy every moment until your last breath a long with your special someone.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Bet2Dream ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬  Get Free Bal($) When You Register! Join Now!  ▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬  Referral & Mining Program | Event & Daily Rewards! | Bet2Dream NFT Club! ▬▬▬
theyoungmillionaire (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:44:30 PM

100,000BTC is a big amount if you converted in into money but the problem is are you happy in your life if you have immortality?

Happiness is a matter of perspective in life; we define our own happiness, and it is not just a feeling, but also a choice. I enjoy having more money and to become immortal; and other people do not enjoy having more money & being immortal. Happiness of one person may not be a happiness to another. These quality features of pleasure is what motivates some people to never give up and some people to give up in the diverse circumstances of life.

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:17:11 PM

I’m a fan on how to prolong life. I want to live forever, but I know my body cannot, only my name will.  I always believe that someday science will find a way to prolong life and can stop aging (bitcoin did not excess, look at it now). I am doing so much in life, grinding night and day to live a life that I wanted, and thinking it will soon end is somewhat unsatisfying.

News: Scientists keep alive brains of decapitated pigs to prompt ethics debate:

A system developed by a Yale University team is leading to suggestions their work could be developed for humans.

A team at Yale University have experimented on up to 200 pigs' heads, taken from an abattoir roughly four hours after the animals' slaughter, by connecting them to a system called "BrainEx".

Using the system of pumps, heaters and bags of artificial blood, Prof Sestan described how billions of individual cells were found to be healthy and capable of normal activity after circulation was restored to the pigs' brains.

To have live cells and brain activity does not mean much, in fact the pigs brain is probably suffering horrendous pain as it is detached from it´s body, with no sensing stimuli and embedded in its own internal disorientation.

I suggest the same treatment for the doctor.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:58:17 AM

prolonging life would be merely OK.

now REVERSING some aspects of age would be the brass ring.

after all living for another 200 years in a 90 years old decrepit body is one thing, but 200 more years in a body with an  effective  age of 50 is even better.

but ill settle for either when  you get right down to it.
Arkyo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:48:27 PM

I am sure that prolonging life is a dream of each person. The twentieth century was a key milestone in extending human life. I agree that hard work can gradually kill us. Therefore, it is very important to combine work with other areas of life, like family , friends, travel.

In Crypto We Trust
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: