Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:46:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! ELECTRUM crashed & now I've lost my BTC!!  (Read 5992 times)
RedRobin2442

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:19:31 AM

This may just be me here. But what if he hasnt let the network sync up? I havent used Electrum that much before, but I do remember its just like qt in that it has to pull the blockchain first. Is it possible you just havent synced yet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 10:40:32 AM

This may just be me here. But what if he hasnt let the network sync up? I havent used Electrum that much before, but I do remember its just like qt in that it has to pull the blockchain first. Is it possible you just havent synced yet?

Electrum only downloads block headers, so I don't think that is the case.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
zonts (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:14:24 PM

Okay everyone.  Thanks for all your input!  I tried another idea something that I am surprised worked but it did...  I searched my downloads folder for the word "electrum".  I tried opening the "1.9.4 Portable".exe at the bottom of page for some reason instead of the first one that I figured was the only one I had seeing as I only was aware of downloading one portable and one regular version.  It opened up immediately no problem.  I could swear that I had opened every file AT LEAST 10 times, but I guess I was always trying to restore from seed and by some strange reason missed it or the fact that I finally emptied the trash, which id not done due to risk of losing any important files, but I did that yesterday and now it works, so maybe there is an exception?
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:44:09 AM

confused about wtf happened?
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:34:48 PM

confused about wtf happened?

Everybody is confused. What Zonts says is difficult to understand.
zonts (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:26:56 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 06:29:25 AM by zonts

I'll tell ya what happened....  See, you got a guy (me) trying to explain his situation to experts, when he never really paid the attention he should have when learning about BTC.  

I didn't realize I had 2 "Electrum portable " exe's and the only thing I can think of that caused me to overlook the correct exe but was trying the other wrong file.  Of course I was getting nowhere, causing me to be frustrated and give up b4 realizing the other correct portable exe was elsewhere in the system and the search for "wallet" brought it up a brought it up and I tried that 2nd one first, which I thought I had tried numerous times but maybe not considering the fiasco that ensued....  

Or at least after pondering the whole thing, that is the most likely reason all this happened.  Sorry, and was under the influence of some pretty strong zonts: http://pl.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=HeatRod%21 and on day 12 so go figure... Mama always said: "Flailer is as flailer does....".  

- "Hurricane" Heat-Rod Zonts
(WWF/WWE/WCW/AWA Tag Team title holder 1999)
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 12:13:48 AM

I'll tell ya what happened....  See, you got a guy (me) trying to explain his situation to experts, when he never really paid the attention he should have when learning about BTC. 

I didn't realize I had 2 "Electrum portable " exe's and the only thing I can think of that caused me to overlook the correct exe but was trying the other wrong file.  Of course I was getting nowhere, causing me to be frustrated and give up b4 realizing the other correct portable exe was elsewhere in the system and the search for "wallet" brought it up a brought it up and I tried that 2nd one first, which I thought I had tried numerous times but maybe not considering the fiasco that ensued.... 

Or at least after pondering the whole thing, that is the most likely reason all this happened.  Sorry, and was under the influence of some pretty strong ZONTS and on day 12 so go figure... Mama alwasys said: "Flailer is as flailer does....". 

'And I was runnin'...

- "Hurricane" Heat-Rod Zonts
(WWF/WWE/WCW Tag Team title holder 1999)

Why are you using the Portable in the system, and in different directories? That's supposed to be used in USB keys or removable hard disks. If you you it in your system you'll likely lose your wallet files.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: