Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:39:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to the unsold token?  (Read 399 times)
eggwardzxc

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:15:36 AM

Unsold tokens are burnt for the price to be stable and increased in the future. I mean, if the remaining tokens will still be on the circulation, the original price of tokens may decrease as there are alot of existing tokens. Investors are asking that question to secure their profit.
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:18:46 AM

not all unsold tokens will be burned because the investors or bounty participants make sure the coin is not sold in fuel or not. obviously if the coin is not sold in fuel it will stabilize price of the coin
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:20:50 AM

Usually, unsold tokens are burned after the end of token sale. I am just curious, why does the investors and bounty hunters frequently ask this question if they know already what will happen to the unsold token?
In addition, why does the unsold tokens are burned? Will if affect the volume or market cap of a coin?

I acknowledge every opinion.
Because the unsold token will reduce the total supply of the coin and the fewer the total supply is, the price of each token will be higher aswell. That's why coin like ripple can't reach a high price, because they have a huge total supply and if the price is high, the marketcap will be huge as well, even when they worth $3 the marketcap already bigger than some famous companies.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:20:58 AM

This aims to reduce the number of token available supply. If fewer existing token, or in other words the number is limited, it will create this token has a high value.
win365

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:23:23 AM

I think it is needed in order to not dump a price with a bunch of unused uncontributed coins, some ICO managers can also just leave tokens for themselves.

❍  buglab ❍     ▬▬[  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ]▬▬ ❍  buglab ❍
████   Cybersecurity Penetration Testing    ████   
▄▄▄  on the Ethereum Blockchain   ▄▄▄
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:23:51 AM

burning unsold tokens is to make sure the coin price will increase & is not dumped by the team if they keep it to themselves. There can be 3 scenarios first the tokens will be burned, secondly they may distribute it to investor or distribute as an airdrop at later stage after ICO ends, lastly they may burn some portion & some portion they will reserve it for future investment needed to finance their project, but they will lock that tokens for some period about 6-12 months so it can't be used & hence to ensure their investors that they won't be dumping the price by circulating the unsold tokens in market.
Great explanation. This is the best strategy to adopt in this scenario since the unsold tokens can end up hurting the investors in a big way if they landed in the hands of dumpers. I have observed many cases of dumping like this in the past which led to full scale dumping leading to the death of the coin/token itself in the past. Burning the coins/tokens is easily the best strategy. Locking also helps, but it does not seem to be as effective as burning the coins/tokens. These kind of strategies help boost the morale of investors leading them to HODL their coins and tokens for a longer period.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
angelchar

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:26:40 AM

Usually, unsold tokens are burned after the end of token sale. I am just curious, why does the investors and bounty hunters frequently ask this question if they know already what will happen to the unsold token?
In addition, why does the unsold tokens are burned? Will if affect the volume or market cap of a coin?

I prefer to wait and hope that this token will appear on the exchange. In any case, you do not lose anything if you keep them.
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:29:57 AM

I learned that after the project finished the unused tokens would burn or they would return to the community development fund of the project in the future. But I think the solutions from the development team may be to use unused tokens that will be shared equally among the development team members.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:50:04 AM

I think the unsold tokens will stay in the dev and team and not going to burn because it's too soon to burned after the ico. the dev and the team did this to prevent if somehow their tokens getting decrease for the price after it's released in the market so they can make sure that the price of their tokens is not dropped too far. or maybe they can give the unsold tokens to their investor and the bounty hunter as an added bonus for their participating in the project so they can have more balance in their wallet. but maybe I am wrong because I don't really know about this.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:20:05 PM

The fate of unsold tokens depends on the strategy of the team. They can airdrop the unsold tokens to ICO investors like what INS did or burn it (like what the majority of ERC20 based ICOs are doing). Some also locks the token for a certain amount of time for token liquidity.

rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:38:23 PM

The unsold tokens can be burned by the authorities or we might call the project party. It's all said in the whitepaper. When the unsold token will be burned to avoid the drop or overload of tokens.
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:38:56 PM

In some cases, unsold tokens could be distributed as a bonus to the investors according to their contribution, in addition to any bonuses that might have been given already, for example, in the presale.

If unsold tokens are burned = lower supply = scarcity = potential for a higher price.
Actually their will not affected in lower supply as those ico project has setting their soft-cap and hard-cap limit. So i think if presale was reached up hard-cap limit, the price will going to higher in market, but if it is only reaching in softcap small area, even unsold token was burn, that couldn't help too much to push the price in the market.
fleeb22

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:40:27 PM

people want to know everything they can about a project before they invest. burning tokens increases market cap for the token.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:41:40 PM

If the unsold token didn't burn, the confidence of the investors and community will be lost because the team could dump it anytime and the value will suffer. Burning unsold token will give confidence to investors because they know that there are only few coins left and scarcity kicks in.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:09:19 PM

Usually tokens are burned and this occurs by large suply above 1 Billion or a project with goals in the saturated market. In certain cases by amount the team contacts post sales remarks guaranteeing the sale or promotions of marketings to leverage the token. However, developers should devote themselves to knowing the market they are entering and to seek a sufficient supply for the profit, scarcity, and quality of the token in the market.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:45:41 PM

Greetings, I will gladly answer your question, see, in most cases unsold tokens are burned and the price of tokens increases accordingly, there are projects that freeze tokens up to a certain time

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:02:01 PM

For me don't burn it because they can use that in future such as giving in airdrop, bonuses to investors together with the bounty hunters so for the meantime keep it up then release it when the time has come.

krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:06:26 PM

If the unsold tokens are nit burned, who will own them? What will happen if  they are sold?
The unsold tokens have to be burned, otherwise they will change the price of every sold token.

VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:09:59 PM

Typically for each ICO project, after the Token sale process ends, the unsold tokens they will distribute through the Airdrop campaign. But there are some ICO campaigns they distribute unsold Tokens for development teams as well as advisors. Alternatively, they may be revoked for future use to push the exchange rate for the cryptos after being indexed on exchange floors.
KRISTIMAK

Activity: 197

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:34:48 PM

most of the projects that are currently selling the token and when the project is finished doing the ICO, as not all tokens sold out it will be burned, less so, in fact, I understand every project take these policies, but positive thinking of good policy.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: