Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:18:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you all want to take away money from the government? Who will then build  (Read 5619 times)
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:53:44 AM

Like how the government exploits the human race and earth for resources?
+1

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:07:37 AM

I could've sworn it was the merchants who built the first roads.

Imagine this: the state went away and nobody worked the roads.  They fell into disrepair; nobody drove on the roads anymore and it really started to hurt businesses; nobody would visit the shops and you couldn't get anything delivered.

Who has the greatest monetary incentive to get the roads in shape?  If Business A gets their roads built faster than competing Business B, they'll have mad profits; there's a rush to get the roads in shape to get a leg up over the competition.  Business C decides to skimp out on the quality and gets their road-builders A to speed the process up.  Road-builders A knows that they will lose business to Road-builders B if they don't keep their standards, but are eager to make a quick buck.  It is later found out that the road to Business C is already crumbling; Business C loses more business than if they'd just made a quality road and pay the price of it, while Businesses A and B flourish with their quality roads, and refuse to do business with Road-builders A due to their previous incompetence; Road-builders A eventually lose business to B, C, and D, and the labor is scooped up into C, as they're in the metro area and have a ton more roads to build; eager for more work, many laborers of Road-builders A accept the offer.  Business flourishes in infrastructure, as every brick & mortar business needs it; the people have their roads and the businesses have their commerce and all is well.

The market works fine, no state required.  Who builds the roads?--the people who gain from the roads being built, that being, all of us.

Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:08:53 AM

when money becomes managed by the people not the government, who will build streetlights, roads? who will maintain infrastructure and military? who will save our lives from giving us obamacare?

are you a communist or what?

it will be the same people who build the roads today, we'll just be able to do it without the violence of the state.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:14:07 AM

I suspect most of the people here saying that the roads would be maintained by the users aren't considering areas where there are fewer houses or poorer families.

The areas with fewer houses will either need to be owned by rich people or they'll have to move closer to town. Fine.

What happens to the poor areas?

What about road standards? I built it, I demand people drive on the left.

What about sewage, water supplies, telecoms infrastructure and of course, health care?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 10:33:29 AM

I suspect most of the people here saying that the roads would be maintained by the users aren't considering areas where there are fewer houses or poorer families.

The areas with fewer houses will either need to be owned by rich people or they'll have to move closer to town. Fine.

What about sewage, water supplies, telecoms infrastructure and of course, health care?

How would YOU structure a private road system?

Do you possess the ability to think outside of the box?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Blueberry408

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:33:22 PM

Politicians were pencilled in by the founding fathers to protect ourselves from ourselves.  If we could vote to nuke the buhjeezus out of North Korea once and for all... well it would certainly be a different world all around.

the goverment is supposed to enforce the will of its people, but this is rarely the case, that's why we tend to avoid taxes instead of paying some punkass congress member a new mercedes
don't get me wrong, I pay my taxes but this is just my opinion..
it would be for the best if we had no politicians and decide about everything via public voting polls

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
Blueberry408

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:39:12 PM

when money becomes managed by the people not the government, who will build streetlights, roads? who will maintain infrastructure and military? who will save our lives from giving us obamacare?

it will be the same people who build the roads today, we'll just be able to do it without the violence of the state.

Caltrans retaining control of filling potholes on 101 == time to switch to air bag suspension.
That'll set me back like two bitcoins.

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:31:03 PM

Goverments, in every country in this world should take away 50-60 %from the richest peoples, like they do with ours salary and let ''ordinary working people'' alone.

that isnt communism its idealism  Grin

IOTA
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 05:02:28 PM

BAHAHHAHAHAA!!! Communists would be saying the exact same thing about us, you do realise that people aren't against the idea of having healthcare, streetlights and roads, it's just the idea that you need to steal from people in order to do it is ridiculous. When you guys stop threatening to put me in jail for not paying taxes I'll be happy to fund hospitals for you and I mean that, but as of now it's financial war.

By the way, have a proper research about what communists actually believe instead of doing the American thing of calling anyone who disagrees with you a communist and a liberal.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 08:42:16 PM

Goverments, in every country in this world should take away 50-60 %from the richest peoples, like they do with ours salary and let ''ordinary working people'' alone.

How should they take those people's money?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:31:06 PM

It's not like the roads are made out of gold; suburban roads are often rarely driven on (some do turn into major roads but most of them aren't), and don't need constant maintenance like the road you take to get to work with all the other people in a traffic jam and whatnot.  Fewer houses or not, poor or rich, it's a non-issue.

Road standards don't change depending on who built it; if everyone knows "I drive on the right", they're going to do it regardless of how you feel.  If you attempt to enforce your strange rule by force, you're probably not going to survive long.  Get mad if you want to Tongue

All of these things are already handled by individuals; the illusion is that taxation is necessary or these cease to exist.  We know this is false because if we want these things, and we've wanted for far more sillier things than infrastructure and health, then we will pay for businesses to provide it.  We must begin with the assumption that people aren't incredibly stupid and inept, for if they are, we really don't want them in any position of power anyway.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:40:53 AM

This is another failed trolling attempt by gabriella and her/his Gabriella's bitcoin death chart (dying because of bitcoin thread). This person does not own and does not believe in bitcoin. That is fine.

Who will save us from Obamacare you meant to say?

Gabriella added to my ignore list.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:15:37 AM

with taxes Smiley

one year income  36000$ --------> taxes 5%
one year income  72000$ --------> taxes 10%
one year income  150000$ -------> taxes 25%
one year income  250000$-- -----> taxes 30%
one year income  1000000$ ------> taxes 45%
one year income  +1000000$ -----> taxes 55%

its fair

IOTA
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:37:26 AM

with taxes Smiley

its fair

You speak of taxes like they are magic.

How do you get that money from people?

markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:39:46 AM

with taxes Smiley

its fair

You speak of taxes like they are magic.

How do you get that money from people?

So people that work harder lose a greater percent of their income? That is the exact opposite of fair. If we cut all non-essential government spending, and taxed a flat rate, than a government would be much more sustainable.

cdtc

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:25:07 PM

with taxes Smiley

its fair
That is  not fair, taxes should be the same for everyone.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:42:56 PM

with taxes Smiley

its fair

That would be fair either.  Taxes pay for roads, schools, courts and the like.  The cash benefits of these are concentrated on the owners of capital so it makes sense that they pay more as without the roads, schools, courts and the like, they would be hunting around in the forest wearing loincloths.
cdtc

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:20:34 PM

with taxes Smiley

its fair

That would be fair either.  Taxes pay for roads, schools, courts and the like.  The cash benefits of these are concentrated on the owners of capital so it makes sense that they pay more as without the roads, schools, courts and the like, they would be hunting around in the forest wearing loincloths.
But if the tax is the same for eveeryone and I am making for example +1000000$, I would still pay a lot more tax than someone who is making 36k.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:57:23 PM

I'm not a communist myself. But they are far better than Congress, they support equal money distribution to rich and poor, they believe in power of united society not individual homes.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:00:48 PM

I'm not a communist myself. But they are far better than Congress, they support equal money distribution to rich and poor, they believe in power of united society not individual homes.

Why is that a good thing? They infringe on personal rights, and steal from people that work hard.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: