Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:43:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change of plan....  (Read 818 times)
Marlex (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:29:52 AM

OK, I started off trying to make a paper wallet or pendrive wallet. But for reasons that baffle and frustrate me, I'm incapable of dual booting linux onto my computer to enable this, all the while the price continues to rise so feel I'm wasting valuable time.

So unless someone has a much simpler and less frustrating way to create said wallets, what would you guys recommend as the safest, easiest and quickest way to buy bitcoins online. With the consideration that my plan was just to buy then to hold onto them for, I'd imagine, a couple of years.

I'd be grateful for as many opinions as possible and the reasoning behind them to make the most informed choice. For example mtgox vs localbitcoin etc.

Thanks for any advice in advance guys.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoxxR

Activity: 208
Merit: 148

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:39:53 AM

OK, I started off trying to make a paper wallet or pendrive wallet. But for reasons that baffle and frustrate me, I'm incapable of dual booting linux onto my computer to enable this, all the while the price continues to rise so feel I'm wasting valuable time.

So unless someone has a much simpler and less frustrating way to create said wallets, what would you guys recommend as the safest, easiest and quickest way to buy bitcoins online. With the consideration that my plan was just to buy then to hold onto them for, I'd imagine, a couple of years.

I'd be grateful for as many opinions as possible and the reasoning behind them to make the most informed choice. For example mtgox vs localbitcoin etc.

Thanks for any advice in advance guys.  Smiley

Have you looked at tools such as bitaddress or nobrainr (even safer as it is not a webpage) to create your paper wallet?
Marlex (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:46:25 AM

I haven't no, are they reasonably easy to use? I'll be honest I've been f**king around trying to sort out a paper wallet for about 3 weeks in my spare time and I've lost a lot of patience, my frustration is compounded by the fact my OS is in a language I'm not particularly good at, which I also can't change.

Sorry had to vent  Cheesy

Anyway, so you recommend bitaddress. I'll have a look, thanks.
Marlex (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:12:44 PM

I haven't no, are they reasonably easy to use? I'll be honest I've been f**king around trying to sort out a paper wallet for about 3 weeks in my spare time and I've lost a lot of patience, my frustration is compounded by the fact my OS is in a language I'm not particularly good at, which I also can't change.

Sorry had to vent  Cheesy

Anyway, so you recommend bitaddress. I'll have a look, thanks.

OK, so I had a look at this and it sounds reasonably easy, which makes me suspicious lol. But OK, I'm curious how the bitcoin is related to the address, as in where is it stored, if that makes sense? It seems a bit abstract and my brain doesn't function well in the abstract so if you could give me some kind of analogy I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for your help by the way Smiley
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:01:56 AM

Use Armory.   https://bitcoinarmory.com/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: