Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:10:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy tether when the market is crashing?  (Read 140 times)
Manlost111 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:45:45 AM

I’m on the newer side to crypto, just want to say that first.

Tether always stays between .99 and 1.01. How, I don’t know. With it never really changing in price, why not convert your cryptos to tether to avoid losses when the market is crashing?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:50:43 AM

Tether always stays between .99 and 1.01. How, I don’t know. With it never really changing in price, why not convert your cryptos to tether to avoid losses when the market is crashing?

That's your money's safe haven when blood bath occurs, but you can't really predict when is the huge dip happening. Sometimes there's a few dips and then a sharp increase will eventually happen. Cryptocurrency is very volatile and there's no such way that anyone could know or predict the fluctuations. Some people may be able to do a stop loss on tether but still human nature is greedy and everytime we lose we always have this urge to get back all the loses by continuing to hope and hold till we gain back or profit.

We just have to remember that If we believe in the technology of the project that we invested in then hold and wait for the right moment to cash and always invest an amount that you can afford to lose.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:46:26 PM

Yes, It's the best thing you can do and you will never lose money and you will be always in profit. But there is big problem. The market is so unpredictable. There is a high probability that you sell your coins for tether and then the prices rise. Sometimes hodling works better.
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:47:07 PM

Tetther is meant to hold the value of crypto in fiat,its design is that of a stable coin-that is,the value remains largely constant.While this is a good thing,there are some controversies about tether.1 tether is supposed to be redeemable for 1 USD,but no one can tell for sure that this is really the case.No audit report for some time now.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 11:46:22 PM

USDTether has always been the safe haven for traders when the market is crashing and it has really shielded me countless number of times from massive losses.If you are able to predict when the market will crash,the better for you as you will be able to sell your portfolios and buy USDT.

mangkanor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:56:50 PM

Tether would e the safe haven when the market has started to crash,as USDT is being backed up by the USD but it has more risk because its value is going to oppose the bitcoin's movements which is why we need to know the risk we are taking,if bitcoin has gone bull and all of your money remains at tether's what will happen to you? you are done,rekt totally.

Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:04:52 AM

Your advice is somewhat helpful to other but may not also work for some. But you're right, tether's price is steady around $1. I may trade some of my coins to tether. Taking advantage it's stability right now may somewhat profit us as we can't say if it will last longer. It may pump tomorrow or dump, we really cannot see it.
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:10:48 AM

I usually just buy more of the cryptocurrencies that I own when the market is dropping.  I always keep bitcoins, ethereums and fiat in my portfolio for this reason.  I don't sell my cryptocurrencies for tether. 
alimarh

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:15:24 AM

This is normally the tactics i normally use when market is crashing, I will convert my tokens and wait for it to go down then I will buy more tokens and wait for it to go high again then I will sell some off.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:31:49 AM

I wold like to say and ask that are pertaining to the buy low sell high?  if not are you saying that just sell bitcoin anytime and do not wait for it to rise to sell your bitcoin or any crypto token that you have? well for I disagree if something happen like downfall of market Its normal but if it is way more than downfall and you still have your money, lost it and it is the costumer service of the wallet that you should contact to give back the loss coin because it is yours and you earned that.

So back to the topic and my opinion about your topic(keep note this is what I understand about your topic) so yes like I said if downfall happens you lost but it cryto and token holders lose because of downfall it is normal no one should panic in fact we should think of the positive

1. You can buy bitcoin at low price and late it will sky rocket you see it, you lose but you earned because of your patients.
2. Connected to number one. if the bitcoin got low because of the market downfall that hold it and chill and buy more bitcoin and later sell it in a high price.
hhussain

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:33:04 AM

I also do the same most of the time when the market is crashing or looks like it is about to crash I convert most of my coins which are in profit to USDT and wait for the market to get stable before buying them again.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 12:39:05 AM

Tether is indeed the virtual USD. And if you feel to convert your crypto to fiat for short time than they are a solution.
Yes, buying ether while the market is going down would save your currency value in USD but if you were not able to buy back on increase than you might even miss the rise.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 01:18:11 AM

That's really the purpose of that token, to protect our capital from crashes and market volatility. Think of this, If you have created a good amount of profits buying an altcoin, Then you sold it to BTC which is also high at that time. Then BTC and majority of altcoins crashes down . Your profit is gone. But take note, i heard a lot of bad rumors about tethers creating more supply when its marketcap increases in able for it to stay at around 1$ . That makes sense to me but i don't know what will be the bad thing that can happen doing that. Be careful.

AngelOnCrypto

Activity: 66
Merit: 14

ICO Bounty Hunting Guides and Tips

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 01:19:12 AM

Yes, you are new to crypto. Make a vague research before you put your money for more than 5 minutes in Tether.
Just google Bitfinex'ed. He explains everything pretty clear.

fondercom
Copper Member

Activity: 32

Live A Fonder Life

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 03:11:49 AM

I mean there are two ways in which you can lock in your gains from cryptocurrency.

(1) Convert your cryptocurrency to money & transfer to your traditional bank account
One of the way of cashing out your cryptocurrency is through Coinbase. However, you would need to link a bank account to be able to withdraw it. The negative side to it, is that it usually takes a couple of day before you are able to get your cash. (~2-4days)

(2) Convert your cryptocurrency to another cryptocurrency
That is the why you mentioned, changing your other cryptocurrency into tether. However, this also means you are exposing yourself to a different type of risk.

On the bright side, the chart of Tether of rather stable in comparison to most of other cryptocurrency: https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/USDTUSD/
Because of this price stability, it is a great place to keep your “cash” while you wait for the next trading opportunity.
You need to take into consideration that there is many unanswered questions about Tether, so do consider the risks before jumping into this. One of the main concern for Tether is that there is no legitimate audits for the longest time, and it is a red flag (definitely!)

On their website, it is mentioned that each Tether is not backed by $1 USD. Thus, when a cryptocurrency bubble arises and pops, there might not be enough liquidity in Tether and consequently, lead to its collapse.

Last thing to take note, Tether is a centralized system based on trust that can be easily exploited/ close down by the governments, which is entirely different to what the early adopters of cryptocurrency were trying to achieve and construct.
"The concept and development of a centralized dollar-pegged coin is fundamentally harmful for the crypto-market that is based on decentralization, censorship-resistance and anonymity."
Thus, there is two sides to a [Suspicious link removed]d point being: Fully Backed, Bad point being: Ability to attack the crypto-community by the media, government and banks 

sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:21:34 AM

On paper, it looks good but in real trading, the thing isn't as simple as that.
1. Some dips occur very fast and you don't have time to transfer your money into an exchange in order to make a trade.
2. You never know how low a dip might be. It may be a low dip and then a step increase and you lose all the gain.
I think tether is best to use when you want to cash out some funds. You find a good selling price and cash in tether...

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:39:15 AM

That is a wise strategy for using tether and this was the whole reason we have tether on markets where fiat is not an option.  It is rather ironic that as much as so many people trash talk fiat it is still obviously useful in cryptocurrency trading markets.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:40:52 AM

Tether is pegged to the dollar. Some of the people think tethers are not backed with enough dollars, some think they are.
If we suppose that they are solid, then yes, when crypto markets crash, holding tethers are like holding dollars. Saves you from losing
marchebuk

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:44:31 AM

Keeping money in this form will really save your money in case of a decrease in the cost of the course. This is a really good method.
newdevices

Activity: 1048

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:17:17 AM

Keeping money in this form will really save your money in case of a decrease in the cost of the course. This is a really good method.
yes, it is a very precise strategy, because the value of tether equal to dollar, then there will be no losses when the price of coin prices in the market has decreased.
cometoft

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:20:44 AM

yes, it is a very precise strategy, because the value of tether equal to dollar, then there will be no losses when the price of coin prices in the market has decreased.

Yes if you know that there will be several days of crashing because we cannot tell as well when the market will be green exactly.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:32:32 AM

converting your crypto coins to tether is same as you sell your coins to USD because tether price is almost same of USD.
why not holding it when the price falling ? later if the price come rising, you wont losing some coins.

paloloy

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 08:16:23 AM

USDT Tether is a fix price of cryptocurrency. That's why there are so many investors who are using USDT in order to preserve their crypto assets as they try to invest on their favorite altcoins like Altcoin -> Ethereum -> Tether -> Ethereum -> Altcoins.
when the market is down, your crypto asset would be preserved and will become higher in value otherwise you will lose crypto asset value as well.
using Tether for me is only useful when the market is going down only.

paloloy

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 08:19:30 AM

converting your crypto coins to tether is same as you sell your coins to USD because tether price is almost same of USD.
why not holding it when the price falling ? later if the price come rising, you wont losing some coins.

using Tether is the only way to preserve and hold our crypto assets and prevent them from losing together with the crypto market.
But today it's very hard to earn using Tether because of the high payout fee. and secondly, it is not backed by US Dollar so anytime USDT Tether could be shutdown with no further warnings and many had just said that it's too risky using Tether on storing your high value asset.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:12:55 AM

using Tether is the only way to preserve and hold our crypto assets and prevent them from losing together with the crypto market.
But today it's very hard to earn using Tether because of the high payout fee. and secondly, it is not backed by US Dollar so anytime USDT Tether could be shutdown with no further warnings and many had just said that it's too risky using Tether on storing your high value asset.
Irrespective of the coin which you are planning to buy, the most important thing which carries the most significant importance is that you need to buy that coin at time when the market value of that coin is falling and when rest of the investors are busy in panic selling. This will give you a chance of buying the coins at cheaper rates and then it will also help you in getting lot more profit too.
royalcrypt

Activity: 456

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

Before buying tether, read this from Tethers own Terms of Service:

“There is no contractual right or other right or legal claim against us to redeem or exchange your Tethers for money. We do not guarantee any right of redemption or exchange of Tethers by us for money. There is no guarantee against losses when you buy, trade, sell, or redeem Tethers.”
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 06:58:18 AM

I think tether is the safe zone for the altcoins especially when the market price is very unstable. I have experience it, when I have an altcoin that is starting to dip lower and lower, I didn't hesitate to exchange it immediately to avoid much loss. Luckyly, I save my investment at that time, all thanks to tether coin.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:30:24 AM

You're right. I often do so.
Tether is a virtual dollar. It is a constant.
The only problem is that it is not guaranteed by real money. + constant emissivity of the tether.
In other words, when you sell your crypto currency for tether, you give it for free.
Therefore, Im in tether for very short periods of time.
felissss500@gmail.com

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:14:09 AM

Honestly, with the latest events and news around tether, it's scary to buy it, as at one point it may disappear and strike a big blow to cryptocurrencies and investors wallets.

elenora

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:25:59 AM

You're right. I often do so.
Tether is a virtual dollar. It is a constant.
The only problem is that it is not guaranteed by real money. + constant emissivity of the tether.
In other words, when you sell your crypto currency for tether, you give it for free.
Therefore, Im in tether for very short periods of time.

Take care of your cryptocurrency they have a hidden surprise in its “legal” section for every Tether buyer:

“Once you have Tethers, you can trade them, keep them, or use them to pay persons that will accept your Tethers. However, Tethers are not money and are not monetary instruments. They are also not stored value or currency. There is no contractual right or other right or legal claim against us to redeem or exchange your Tethers for money. We do not guarantee any right of redemption or exchange of Tethers by us for money. There is no guarantee against losses when you buy, trade, sell, or redeem Tethers.”

https://cointopper.com/guides/what-is-tether-usdt-and-how-it-can-help-you-save-yourself-during-crypto-bear-market
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: