Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy tether when the market is crashing?  (Read 140 times)
cometoft

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:20:44 AM

I’m on the newer side to crypto, just want to say that first.

Tether always stays between .99 and 1.01. How, I don’t know. With it never really changing in price, why not convert your cryptos to tether to avoid losses when the market is crashing?

Keeping money in this form will really save your money in case of a decrease in the cost of the course. This is a really good method.
yes, it is a very precise strategy, because the value of tether equal to dollar, then there will be no losses when the price of coin prices in the market has decreased.

Yes if you know that there will be several days of crashing because we cannot tell as well when the market will be green exactly.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:32:32 AM

Tether always stays between .99 and 1.01. How, I don’t know. With it never really changing in price, why not convert your cryptos to tether to avoid losses when the market is crashing?

converting your crypto coins to tether is same as you sell your coins to USD because tether price is almost same of USD.
why not holding it when the price falling ? later if the price come rising, you wont losing some coins.

paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 08:16:23 AM

USDT Tether is a fix price of cryptocurrency. That's why there are so many investors who are using USDT in order to preserve their crypto assets as they try to invest on their favorite altcoins like Altcoin -> Ethereum -> Tether -> Ethereum -> Altcoins.
when the market is down, your crypto asset would be preserved and will become higher in value otherwise you will lose crypto asset value as well.
using Tether for me is only useful when the market is going down only.

paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 08:19:30 AM

converting your crypto coins to tether is same as you sell your coins to USD because tether price is almost same of USD.
why not holding it when the price falling ? later if the price come rising, you wont losing some coins.

using Tether is the only way to preserve and hold our crypto assets and prevent them from losing together with the crypto market.
But today it's very hard to earn using Tether because of the high payout fee. and secondly, it is not backed by US Dollar so anytime USDT Tether could be shutdown with no further warnings and many had just said that it's too risky using Tether on storing your high value asset.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:12:55 AM

using Tether is the only way to preserve and hold our crypto assets and prevent them from losing together with the crypto market.
But today it's very hard to earn using Tether because of the high payout fee. and secondly, it is not backed by US Dollar so anytime USDT Tether could be shutdown with no further warnings and many had just said that it's too risky using Tether on storing your high value asset.
Irrespective of the coin which you are planning to buy, the most important thing which carries the most significant importance is that you need to buy that coin at time when the market value of that coin is falling and when rest of the investors are busy in panic selling. This will give you a chance of buying the coins at cheaper rates and then it will also help you in getting lot more profit too.
royalcrypt

Activity: 456
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

Before buying tether, read this from Tethers own Terms of Service:

“There is no contractual right or other right or legal claim against us to redeem or exchange your Tethers for money. We do not guarantee any right of redemption or exchange of Tethers by us for money. There is no guarantee against losses when you buy, trade, sell, or redeem Tethers.”
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 06:58:18 AM

I think tether is the safe zone for the altcoins especially when the market price is very unstable. I have experience it, when I have an altcoin that is starting to dip lower and lower, I didn't hesitate to exchange it immediately to avoid much loss. Luckyly, I save my investment at that time, all thanks to tether coin.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:30:24 AM

You're right. I often do so.
Tether is a virtual dollar. It is a constant.
The only problem is that it is not guaranteed by real money. + constant emissivity of the tether.
In other words, when you sell your crypto currency for tether, you give it for free.
Therefore, Im in tether for very short periods of time.
felissss500@gmail.com

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:14:09 AM

Honestly, with the latest events and news around tether, it's scary to buy it, as at one point it may disappear and strike a big blow to cryptocurrencies and investors wallets.

elenora

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:25:59 AM

You're right. I often do so.
Tether is a virtual dollar. It is a constant.
The only problem is that it is not guaranteed by real money. + constant emissivity of the tether.
In other words, when you sell your crypto currency for tether, you give it for free.
Therefore, Im in tether for very short periods of time.

Take care of your cryptocurrency they have a hidden surprise in its “legal” section for every Tether buyer:

“Once you have Tethers, you can trade them, keep them, or use them to pay persons that will accept your Tethers. However, Tethers are not money and are not monetary instruments. They are also not stored value or currency. There is no contractual right or other right or legal claim against us to redeem or exchange your Tethers for money. We do not guarantee any right of redemption or exchange of Tethers by us for money. There is no guarantee against losses when you buy, trade, sell, or redeem Tethers.”

https://cointopper.com/guides/what-is-tether-usdt-and-how-it-can-help-you-save-yourself-during-crypto-bear-market
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: