Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:16:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Win the the Media over.  (Read 846 times)
User101 (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:11:52 PM

As we all know the media has a lot of power on the opinion of people, and I think there is a way to get them on our side of the debate.

Since the introduction of the internet print media outlets always had the problem to monetize their content. The usual payment wall are user unfriendly and have high fees.
That was the reason why they were hyping the Apple iPad so much because of their hopes to get a revenue stream again from the Apple ecosystem. Well that didn’t work out to well since Apple charges 30% and is excluding the a lot of the outlets.

Now bitcoin offers the perfect payment solution for publisher, certain articles could be be behind a 10-20 cent paywall and the user would have to click a simple „OK“ to confirm the payment of 10 cent with his in the browser integrated wallet. The user doesn’t even have to signup an account with that publisher.

TV channels that publish their content online could put a 20 cent paywall in front of selected content. The amounts would be to small to really motive people to pirate that content.

I think its very important to have the Media on our side of the debate and to explain them the benefits they would have if bitcoins would be used mainstream. The positive press would accelerate the adoption of bitcoin.

I don’t have any contact to any people from that area .
Does anyone have an Idea how to explain to the media that the micropayment aspect of bitcoin is the perfect monetization solution for publisher.
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:58:59 PM

I really think btc still needs time to work out some of the issues before it's useful to push it for everyone.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:03:19 PM

I really think btc still needs time to work out some of the issues before it's useful to push it for everyone.

What issues are preventing Bitcoin from mainstream adoption?

Ecurb123

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:29:14 PM

What issues are preventing Bitcoin from mainstream adoption?

One thing is the wild price movements, but also many of the wallets are still a bit rough, heck even the qt is still in beta.
Ecurb123

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:32:36 PM

Also there is the mater of getting bitcoins, if I were to tell an older family member how they would need get bitcoin, I think it would be too hard. I just think it needs more time to make things better for the regular user. Even us as ambassador of sorts, we need to improve our knowledge, I'm still reading some wacky things that are just not true here on the form.   
markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:01:00 PM

Also there is the mater of getting bitcoins, if I were to tell an older family member how they would need get bitcoin, I think it would be too hard. I just think it needs more time to make things better for the regular user. Even us as ambassador of sorts, we need to improve our knowledge, I'm still reading some wacky things that are just not true here on the form.   

I would say Coinbase has done a good job  of making them easier to buy though, definitely easier than Gox is (was?).

jaked

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:15:40 PM

Now bitcoin offers the perfect payment solution for publisher...
...the micropayment aspect of bitcoin is the perfect monetization solution for publisher.

No, at this time, Bitcoin doesn't offer a solution for micropayments, nor is it a perfect payment system.

A full confirmation takes about an hour, and transaction fees for small payments can turn out to be 10-50% of the purchase.
Those are real issue which must be addressed. Businesses can't be seriously expected to adopt Bitcoin before they do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: