Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:05:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox are criminals  (Read 1885 times)
mishrahsigni (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:25:16 PM

and they should be treated as such.

They just told me i can not get any of my bitcoins unless I get verified (coins they gladly took without verification), which in absolutely impossible for me, as I live on-the=road and off-the-grid.

So, they changed their rules, without notification, and now that have my coins... forever.

How many other people are having to deal with this bullshit from MtGox? 

Personally, i do not believe them... I think they are just making a grab for a bunch of bitcoins that they know many people will never be able to get again, thanks to their new Orwellian policies.

Stay away from MtGox, and spread the word.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:29:04 PM

in all fairness the writing has been on the wall for some time and anyone with serious money in GOX at this late date has only themselves to blame

also, the police have their baton firmly implanted in Tux's ass at this point, not a lot he can do about it

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
jatajuta

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 06:21:33 PM

They just told me i can not get any of my bitcoins unless I get verified (coins they gladly took without verification), which in absolutely impossible for me, as I live on-the=road and off-the-grid.

So, they changed their rules, without notification, and now that have my coins... forever.

Personally, i do not believe them... I think they are just making a grab for a bunch of bitcoins that they know many people will never be able to get again, thanks to their new Orwellian policies.

This is for AML requirements.

Calm down, you can get your coins back easily, you must have some kind of ID or Passport right? Scan and send it to them, then you scan an electric bill from a friend and edit on paint or photoshop so that your name appear on it.

They don't check with the electric company the autenticity of the document so you can have your coins back with no hassle.   Cool

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:37:27 PM

Many people have no ID.  They are free human beings.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
iron77

Activity: 112
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:05:04 AM

This is Gox's policy for more than a year, I think it shouldn't be too hard to notice lurking forum from time to time.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 08:48:47 AM

Just send your coins to me and I'll take a 10% cut from it.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:54:00 AM

This is Gox's policy for more than a year, I think it shouldn't be too hard to notice lurking forum from time to time.

If it were their policy, it was not enforced.  I removed 50 BTC before verifying in Aug.  Shortly after verifying I sold another 50 there and requested a wire which is now delinquent by over one quarter.

Why would the accept BTC or fiat without requiring verification if there is no way that they could possibly give it back?  Anyone who does this is definitely operating on the shady side and taking advantage of people's ignorance in my opinion.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
iron77

Activity: 112
Merit: 22

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:27:06 AM

I agree it was kinda randomly enforced, but I think they had an announcements about it and surely there was lot of talk about it on forums. Issue of asking for AML when only withdrawing bitcoins aside, somebody must've live under a rock to not know that such situations are common from a long time.
posormo

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:10:53 PM

They are criminals because your stupid?

tntdgcr

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 12:16:48 PM

I agree it was kinda randomly enforced, but I think they had an announcements about it and surely there was lot of talk about it on forums. Issue of asking for AML when only withdrawing bitcoins aside, somebody must've live under a rock to not know that such situations are common from a long time.

there are plenty of nice rocks to live under, when you're off the grid Wink

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
Sythyn

Activity: 1082
Merit: 505

A Digital Universe with Endless Possibilities.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 01:35:11 PM

I dont understand, why can't you just give your information and get verified?
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:41:42 PM

As he said he doesn't have one.

And Mate these are the laws with everyexchange, atleast those i know. Government need to know who is doing what, just for the same lame excuse "for your own safety". So there is no way out other than providing it..
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

So there is no way out other than providing it.

Or you could take the sane route and trade OTC. Using broken services because you imagine that's your only option is still sending money to the incompetent.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:11:41 PM

I agree it was kinda randomly enforced,

I'm not sure it is random, we don't have enough data.  It may actually be more sinister, for example, are the police looking at the blockchain, tracing from SR wallets, and telling GOX "here is a list of accounts, we would like to know who these people are" ?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:23:33 PM

I avoided verification for years because I don't like to give out high quality scans of everything someone needs to steal my identity.

Even if Mt. Gox are not crooks, and I believe they are not, they have a poor record with data security.  And they probably employ people from all over the world and may not have even met some of them.  If any of these people decided to steal some data on the way out the door then I'm looking at a lifetime of fighting identity theft issues.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
mishrahsigni (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:44:29 AM

Just send your coins to me and I'll take a 10% cut from it.

If i could send my could to you, I would not be here bitching and screaming.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:51:09 AM

I went through the same problem, as well as others. Just verify and be done. It takes a few days after you email them the documents. Then withdraw and delete your account if you want to on principle of their bait and switch practice. But be warned, when you withdraw, you may have serious delays in receiving even bitcoins. It's a shame they can't even do a basic bitcoin transaction with basic bitcoin efficiency.

Most would probably agree, that when they accept a deposit before verification it shows how they operate a one sided "policy".
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 01:54:27 AM

It would be better if one didn't have to lurk forums to know their policy. They have a press release that states verification is not required for bitcoin only deposits and withdrawals. Granted, there is a note on the website that says all accounts need verification for deposits and withdrawals, but this was true when they involved bank accounts. So, it should have been more explicit to include bitcoin only accounts. Furthermore, they should have refused any deposit attempt if the account was not verified - basic sense if you ask me.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 02:21:24 AM

I repeat, not all accounts require verification for BTC withdrawals, if your account does you might well ask yourself why.

Be very careful here folks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: