Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:13:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing POA Bridge and POA20  (Read 150 times)
satrum (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:25:17 PM

News about "Introducing POA Bridge and POA20"  added for Verification on YEENOT TODAY
https://yeenot.today/catalog/news/149 - this is time to buy POA with community ?

YEENOT topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3415372

Today is a very special day for our amazing community. The POA Team is excited to announce the wait is finally over… With the launch of the first production cross-chain bridge in blockchain history on May 10th! This new feature gives users the ability to send POA tokens back and forth between the POA Network and the Ethereum network.

POA Bridge

This is a decentralized application built on the POA Network that is unique and has never been done before. The POA cross-chain bridge simply serves as a method of transferring POA native tokens from the POA Network to the Ethereum network in a quick and cost-efficient manner. There are no fees for users during the beta period as these are currently being paid by POA Network. The transfers are quick as well since the wait time per transfer is under 1 minute! The POA to Ethereum transfer will result in the creation of a newly minted token on the Ethereum blockchain known as POA20. The user will also have the ability to transfer POA20 tokens from the Ethereum network back to the POA Network, which would result in the burning of the POA20 token and subsequent unlocking of the original POA native token on the POA Network.

POA20

TThe POA20 token displays the exact same properties as the standard ERC20 token and allows it to be used in all the same places that offer ERC20 compatibility. Think of it as the official POA token on the Ethereum network. Users can treat the POA20 token exactly how they would treat an ERC20 token in terms of wallet compatibility and the ability to transfer to other participants, organizations, and service providers. It’s important to note that this DOES NOT mean there will be more POA native tokens added to the circulating supply. The existing amount of circulating POA native tokens will stay the same and simply be distributed across two networks (POA & Ethereum) instead of one (POA Network)....

bvar69

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:42:41 PM

POA has always been a hidden gem for sure.
satrum (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:51:37 PM

POA has always been a hidden gem for sure.

Yee, i think cross-chain solutions is a future. So many crypto - It is inconvenient to use constantly different software for different cryptocurrencies
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:52:32 AM

This is a great news for the ecosystem especially for Dapps running on Ethereum, but I read somewhere that Ethereum will not be supporting POA, I don't think this is true because if it is true then it may affect the scope of these project long time. There are some projects like this looking to help scale Ethereum like the recent Gochain hype
LaLegiste

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:55:05 PM

The first production cross-chain bridge between two blockchain networks is launching on May 10. To demonstrate the security and speed of the solution, POA will transfer $1 million in POA native tokens to the Ethereum network as ERC20-compatible tokens and back again. The entire process takes under ten minutes with just a few clicks. The live demo is streaming on May 10 at 11:00 am ET on DAPP University Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY0xL8V6NzzFcwzHCgB8orQ

damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:29:41 PM

Cross-chain solutions are generally underestimated. POA has some interesting features (determined token supply, fee less approach etc.), and it might become "the second Ethereum" (with much cooler logo  Grin)
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:54:00 PM

Interesting, but is it just me or this coin looked almost exactly like ethereum? please forgive my stupidity if I'm wrong (I tried).
Well if what I'm saying is true, I think are already many projects like this like or at least almost same concept for example : NEO, Nekonium, and many more. Since there are lots of projects like this already, I think we don't need really need one anymore right?
But I'll try to learn more about it! Thank you for sharing Smiley
Billy550

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:10:30 PM

Thanks for the information this, I am going to read up more on it, I have heard only good things about POA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: