Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:24:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining with dedicated server?  (Read 2061 times)
miningDwarf (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:56:40 PM

Hello,

Alright so. I want to rent strong dedicated server and mine bitcoins because my PC is not an option.

Is this possible?

Ive read a lot about bitcoin mining and I see there is GPU and ACIS.

I know GPU is graphics but Im not sure what ACIS do(hope someone can explain to me)

I dont know how would I be able to mine through dedicated server,
I was thinking I would rent a server with lots of ghz but I dont know how much ghz and what internet speed and how much RAM my dedicaded server would need to make at least 1 Bitcoin in 1 month. That's what I want to ask you guys. Ghz, RAM, internet per month for 1 bitcoin.

What kind of mining software I should get for my dedicated server?

I don't know is this crazy post or not because thats what I recently thought and I dont want spam here, just normal answers to help me move forward.

Thank you for reading.
peperpgp

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 10:20:34 PM

Just a very rough calculation using http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/,  but at the current difficulty you would need 40Gh/s to get a return of about 1 BTC per month.
miningDwarf (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:53:52 AM

UP
Telosaur

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:38:12 AM

To clear up one of your points: ASIC = a chipset designed to perform a calculation. People here refer to ASICs as things designed to mine bitcoin and do literally nothing else. Problem is that when technology advances to such a stage when 3 TH/s is the slowest thing on the market, you won't get much return for your money spent.

If you want to mine, choose an altcoin and convert the profits to BTC. Here's a place to start http://www.coinchoose.com/
miningDwarf (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:19:31 AM

I would like to hear information about setting up mining on dedicated server, please anyone?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: