Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:20:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: help me please - Notification about receiving coins  (Read 444 times)
AFL (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:10:37 PM

Hi,

is there a Chance ( Wallet, Blockchain ) to get a notification that my wallet ( my adress) has receiving funds

Thank you very much
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:17:27 PM

Lots of crypto wallets -- especially mobile ones-- notify the user that they have received funds in an address they control.
AFL (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:58:10 PM

maybe some Things in the Explorer? if my adress get an Input - notify me
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:15:45 PM

if you use mobile wallet ,, it looks like you can set the notification in the settings section, .. simple and very easy to set it ,, and you can search in Explorer section by using transaction id or enter your bitcoin address here https://blockchain.info/address
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:24:01 PM

I hope your problem has been resolved or just let us know which wallet you are using. Then someone might give you an exact answer. You can also talk to the customer support of that wallet company as well.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 02:46:24 PM

Hello AFL,

You can apply several methods if you want to receive wallet notifications. Many wallet providers might also offer this service, but we will explain a more general method. As always we advise you to read into it, to find out what method suits you best. The method that we are about to describe in steps can be applied to most bitcoin wallets, since you create a watch-only address on blockchain.info. This will enable you to receive notifications regarding the incoming funds of your wallet.

It’s pretty simple, here’s how:

1. Log into blockchain.info here and create a new wallet
2. Go to the settings tab and choose addresses
3. Select import address  
4. Enter the address you want to get notified about
5. To finalize you should go into account settings and add an email address to send notifications to and/or a mobile phone number (do not forget to add your country code).

More information about how to use watch-only addresses can be found here. We hope this method will sufficiently answer your question.

If you have any further questions feel free to send us a DM.

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 03:21:54 PM

Bad advice. Never create an online wallet. They are pointless. Not even wallets if you really think about it.

Bitcoin Core gives you notifications when you receive bitcoins.
I assume Electrum does as well. I would be surprised to see any good wallet not giving you a notification about this.
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 05:40:14 PM

Bad advice. Never create an online wallet. They are pointless. Not even wallets if you really think about it.

I assume Electrum does as well. I would be surprised to see any good wallet not giving you a notification about this.

We do not mean that you should use this wallet for the actual transactions, you should use it to add your watch-only addresses. This way independent of what wallet you are currently using, you can get notifications when receiving funds. We always recommend using the Bitcoin core or Electrum wallet in combination with a Ledger wallet to make sure your funds are secure.

Sorry for the possible confusion on this part. 

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:13:50 PM

These kinds of features are generally with the third party wallets which are technically not wallets but exchanges. I have never seen Electrum giving me such notification and nor does my android wallet Mycelium gives up this notification. But yes Bitcoin core does have a notification feature but only if you are willing to download a complete 140GB server files of core which is not advisable merely for getting notifications.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:49:56 PM

These kinds of features are generally with the third party wallets which are technically not wallets but exchanges. I have never seen Electrum giving me such notification and nor does my android wallet Mycelium gives up this notification. But yes Bitcoin core does have a notification feature but only if you are willing to download a complete 140GB server files of core which is not advisable merely for getting notifications.

It is quite surprising to me that Electrum doesn't offer notifications.
As for Bitcoin Core, you could just run a pruned node, people seem to be forgetting that.
Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:31:22 AM

Lots of crypto wallets -- especially mobile ones-- notify the user that they have received funds in an address they control.

True but if u have a lot of funds on your wallets best not to risk using a mobile wallet

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
bl3zzy

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 10:55:52 AM

i do get blockchain notifications via email but not on the app, but there are other blackchain apps that can give notifications
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:18:59 PM

In my own experience I haven't seen or tried a Bitcoin Wallet where they provide app/desktop notifications internally with their system. But I do receive emails regarding the amount I received and from what BTC address I received it from, with my Coinbase account I think it is set in default. And if you really want to notifications then you can adjust it through your gmail or mail app, turning on notifications to emails receive from a specific address is possible and can be done simply within their respective apps.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
harbs23

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:16:21 PM

Hi,

is there a Chance ( Wallet, Blockchain ) to get a notification that my wallet ( my adress) has receiving funds

Thank you very much
As per my experience ! its always notify us if we receive or send funds and any bitcoin wallet, well probably the problem i think is the settings of your gadgets!
ogini

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:43:56 PM

You can use a mobile wallet for a notifications of coins but I don't know more about is the security associated with the mobile app wallet's.
BallerBoi

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:24:11 PM

Yes think you have to enable it..
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 10:08:40 PM

We do not mean that you should use this wallet for the actual transactions, you should use it to add your watch-only addresses. This way independent of what wallet you are currently using, you can get notifications when receiving funds. We always recommend using the Bitcoin core or Electrum wallet in combination with a Ledger wallet to make sure your funds are secure.

Sorry for the possible confusion on this part. 
To be honest. No wallet is ever save and the mention wallet still have there own disadvantage. However, the block chain seems to be a good wallet if the owner or user take good security measure by using a private computer with a good anti malware, enable sms notification and setup the google 2FA security.

sureshotcoin

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:57:25 PM

Both CopAY on osx and Bitcoin wallet on andriod shows notification once you receive the funds. You can search further in app store and android playstore for more wallets with notifications. But, make sure you read reviews for the security.
AFL (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:46:24 PM

I need it for Windows Idealcash wallet
RoviBoss

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:50:12 AM

This answer is correct, you should do follow:
Hello AFL,

You can apply several methods if you want to receive wallet notifications. Many wallet providers might also offer this service, but we will explain a more general method. As always we advise you to read into it, to find out what method suits you best. The method that we are about to describe in steps can be applied to most bitcoin wallets, since you create a watch-only address on blockchain.info. This will enable you to receive notifications regarding the incoming funds of your wallet.

It’s pretty simple, here’s how:

2. Go to the settings tab and choose addresses
3. Select import address 
4. Enter the address you want to get notified about
5. To finalize you should go into account settings and add an email address to send notifications to and/or a mobile phone number (do not forget to add your country code).

More information about how to use watch-only addresses can be found here. We hope this method will sufficiently answer your question.

If you have any further questions feel free to send us a DM.

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Remember that what you do in your wallet must be very careful to keep it safety from hacker
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: