Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:47:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Azure Free Credits for Mining Monero/Other CN-Coins. Super-Easy&Super-Profitable  (Read 24038 times)
AzureCloudMiningScript (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

Use your Azure-Credits to mine Monero!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 03:00:33 PM

Hi, is this still working? With trial 200$ credit, how much can I earn in one month? Thank you.
Yes, it's still working. At the current exchange-rate you'll get around 50$ worth of cryptocurrency for 200$ in azure credits. You'll have to create two batch-pools in different regions in order to consume your 200$ free credits within one month.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 06:28:23 PM

I am really amateur, I have no idea what you talking about ...but I'll try my best Cheesy ...
Don't worry. Just start following the guide, after that the words will make sense to you. Then  you can create your second pool.

I believe the 200$ starting credit is valid only for the first month. Maybe you could double-check the conditions. Anyway, the amount of generated cryptocurrency will be the same, whether you spend 200$ in a single month or over a longer time-period.
vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 06:30:54 PM

yup, 200$ is only for 1st month, than you will need to pay, if you want to continue.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 03:01:18 PM

Hey guys, I am currently trying to set up my mining thing and I have some questions.

1- Should I choose 4xF2 or 2xF4?

Edit: Ok. I guess I realized something. If I choose 1xF2 but if I run it with 3 nodes, will it consume just 50$ for month? Then I guess I can run 4xF2 and run them with 3 nodes, then I'll consume my 200$ completely?

Edit2: Now I have stable 1,1 KH with 1xF2 with 5 low priority nodes. I have no idea what I am doing.

Edit3: I GOT IT. I LEARNED EVERYTHING, LOL. Most cheapest regions are East, East 2, West 2, Mid India. They are consuming 15$ per node in F2 Machines. So I can run 3 nodes in F2 Machies just for 45$.

If this calculation is right, can I run 2xF2 with 6 nodes? Is it too much noticeable by Microsoft? Or should I do 4xF2 with 3 nodes?

Thank you.

In my experience F2 will give the best hashrate per core (this is due to the way cryptonight works with the CPU-Cache - read my initial post to find out more about the autotune-feature of the script). In your case i would suggest setting up two pools (in different regions, e.g. "East" and "East 2") and using 10 instances of F2 each. Since you are just using the initial credit of 200$ you don't really care about the monthly cost, you just want to use it up within one month.

impynick

Activity: 77
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:35:24 PM

I’m having an issue getting the hash rate I want.

Am I suppose to have more than 1 batch? I currently have 2 batches on us west and us west central.

I have 5 pool IDs. Each one using only 1 node as I can only use a max of 10 cores. 1 node = 2 cores

What am I messing up??
impynick

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:41:46 AM

I emailed you as well.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 06:13:30 AM

I’m having an issue getting the hash rate I want.

Am I suppose to have more than 1 batch? I currently have 2 batches on us west and us west central.

I have 5 pool IDs. Each one using only 1 node as I can only use a max of 10 cores. 1 node = 2 cores

What am I messing up??

Hi impynick,

apparently azure has changed the default-quotas for new accounts.
Anyway, the number of batch-accounts and pools is not important, as long as the total number of instances adds up to your desired value (and you'll thus get the desired hashrate).
Basically, if azure does not let you increase the number of instances in a pool, just create an additional batch-account in another region and create the additional pool there (if i understand correctly you have already started doing this).
Typically maintaining everything is easier if you have fewer pools with many nodes instead of having lots of pools with fewer nodes, but the hashrate will be the same.

So to use up the starting credits you could use the following configuration:
Batch account "batch1" with pool "pool1" in region "East US" with 5 Nodes.
Batch account "batch2" with pool "pool2" in region "East US2" with 5 Nodes
Batch account "batch3" with pool "pool3" in region "West US2" with 5 Nodes.
This should give you a total of 30 cores, which should consume the 200$ within one month.

(you could also try creating an additional batch-account in North Central US, but i think there's also a limit of 3 batch-accounts. Anyway, even though this would increase your hashrate, you'll consume your credits faster - in the end the profit will be the same)

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:43:06 PM

I can't find this info anywhere, can someone clue me in as to what type of hardware mines Nimiq the best?  I know its obviously a CPU, but is cache a factor?  Does having a processor with sha-512 increase hashrate?

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 05:34:27 AM

I can't find this info anywhere, can someone clue me in as to what type of hardware mines Nimiq the best?  I know its obviously a CPU, but is cache a factor?  Does having a processor with sha-512 increase hashrate?
I don't know the details, but i can tell you that at least for mining Nimiq in Azure the Fv2-type (skylake) will give a lot more performance than the F-type (Haswell). On the other hand, mining Monero works better on the F-type -> That's why i think i think it's less a question of the cache, it probably has to do with the instruction set.
techiegirl
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:34:03 PM

Hello I saw your azure cloud mining bash script. Can you provide the xmr stak bash script for aws cloud mining too ?

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 08:33:55 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 03:33:38 PM by AzureCloudMiningScript

Hello I saw your azure cloud mining bash script. Can you provide the xmr stak bash script for aws cloud mining too ?

I have not personally used my script with AWS, but one nice person has actually got it to work. He gave me these instructions:
Go to AWS EC2 Spot Request launcher (https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2sp/v1/spot/launch?region=us-east-1), select the request type as “request and maintain”. Set the total target capacity to your maximum cap (mine is 50). On the AMI, select the Ubuntu Server 16.04, on Instance Type, remove c3.large and put t3.micro, go to security groups and create a security group with ports open to the world (I think you’ll only need to open ports 443 and 5555 or whichever port you’re using on your pool, but I select the option to open all ports because I don’t want to troubleshoot this). You don’t need any key pair name since you’ll not need to access those machines, but if you want, you can set-up one. On the User Data field you’ll enter your script (https://pastebin.com/6zZYggRk this is a blueprint for the script). Then go down to “Allocation Strategy” and select diversified across ALL lowest priced pools. Just below, select “Set your max price” and enter $0.0031 as your max price. Then launch!
Apparently there's some subtle difference in the way AWS and azure call the startup-scripts. So for now my script-generator won't work with AWS. However, you can use the template linked above to manually create your own script.

Note that i don't have a AWS-account (yet), so i can't really help you if you run into problems. But you can write a post here anyway, i'll do my best...

edit: added more detailed instructions and added information on how to use the startup-script

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 03:34:09 PM

FYI: i have updated the previous post on how to work with AWS.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 07:00:03 PM

PSA: Monero will change its PoW on 18th of october (see https://np.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/9lcdme/preliminary_information_thread_regarding_the/)

The good news: for most configurations you don't have to do anything, i will update everything so things will just continue running.

However, if you are mining some coin other than Monero but you chose the setting "Monero (cryptonightv7)" instead of "generic cryptonight" when creating the script you should re-create the script with the option "generic cryptonight". This is because after the fork the setting "Monero" will actually mean "cryptonightv8, which will probably not work with you altcoin.
Also, if you are using MoneroOcean you will probably have to do something (as far as i know Monero is the only coin to change to cryptonightv8 so far - MoneroOcean's concept of coin-switching obviously only works if there are multiple coins with the same algo available).

(So far i have not yet updated the script because i am still waiting for the official release of the new version of xmr-stak.)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 09:47:35 PM

Hi everybody,

so looking at things post-fork i can say that everything went mostly well.
However, If you are using moneroOcean, your miners probably stopped working... as it turned out, in order to keep mining at MoneroOcean you have to use the setting "cryptonight_v8" -> just exchange the string "export currency=cryptonight_v7" with "export currency=cryptonight_v8" in your startup-script (currently you'll have to make the change manually... i will update the script-generator at the weekend). After restarting your pool (i.e. scale to 0 and then scale to the number of desired instances) it will work again.

Otherwise, is any of you having trouble after the fork? Please post here (or contact me via PM or email) and i'll help you.
Fibbage

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:22:19 AM

Are you able to create an AWS script for this?

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 02:06:24 PM

Are you able to create an AWS script for this?

Have you tried the instructions from my earlier post?
Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3444898.msg46166083#msg46166083

impynick

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:24:51 PM

Would I be able to create another account once my free one expires? I used up my 30 day credit but would love to get it back running agaain

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 11:01:30 PM

Would I be able to create another account once my free one expires? I used up my 30 day credit but would love to get it back running agaain

I'm sorry, but as far as i know the only sustainable way of doing this is if you have a legit MSDN-account with free credits.

impynick

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:45:08 PM

I'm sorry, but as far as i know the only sustainable way of doing this is if you have a legit MSDN-account with free credits.

I have multiple hotmail accounts and office accounts?

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 10:12:09 PM

I have multiple hotmail accounts and office accounts?

Don't you have to enter a credit-card number at some point to upgrade to a paid-for-account? In my experience there's a high chance that your account will get banned if you are mining with a free account.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: