Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:24:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Azure Free Credits for Mining Monero/Other CN-Coins. Super-Easy&Super-Profitable  (Read 24035 times)
AzureCloudMiningScript (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

Use your Azure-Credits to mine Monero!

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2020, 06:59:24 PM

how many hash you got for $150
With the 150$ monthly credit from a MSDN-Enterprise-subscription you'll get around 8kH/s mining Monero, which will net you (at the time of writing) around 15$ in crypto-currency per Month.
I like to view this as my retirement fund. I'm doing this long-term, so even a little amount will accumulate to a sizable sum after some time. Also, i expect the exchange-rate for crypto to be _way_ higher by the time i retire...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
khiron

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 04:46:35 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2020, 03:38:27 PM by khiron

thanks dude. it worked very well for me.
buraz11

Activity: 114
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 05:06:46 PM

do you think it would be wise to run randomx or veruscoin on these? Could you do a script for those?

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2020, 08:15:04 AM

do you think it would be wise to run randomx or veruscoin on these? Could you do a script for those?
Basically since i started doing this some years ago Monero (i.e. randomX) has been the best option for mining with azure. I just skimmed over the homepage of veruscoin and it seems to focus on similar qualities like monero (privacy, cpu-friendliness). However, Monero is matured and much bigger than veruscoin - so until that changes i will recommend mining Monero (and i will mine it myself, too).

I searched a bit on the internet and i found this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5210557.0
-> This guy assumes that the FPGA-people will also try to create a FPGA-miner for Verushash 2.1, which will make CPU-mining unprofitable again - do you have any more information about this?
buraz11

Activity: 114
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 21, 2020, 09:21:55 AM

i think verus is on 2.2 already and they have been keen on staying asic resistant, even gpu resistant

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2020, 07:50:22 PM

i think verus is on 2.2 already and they have been keen on staying asic resistant, even gpu resistant
Ok,  but is there any reason to think that verus will surpass e.g. Monero anytime soon in popularity? I'm sorry for asking like this - when i started out i tried to adapt my script to different currencies. Looking back, i feel that the effort was in vain because in fact only mining monero is worthwhile.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2020, 05:23:18 PM

helo btw big thanks for your thread! im just ask why the vm size that you choose must standard f2? how about i change to other vm which have higher price (at least choose the price according to the credit obtained)
and what is difference between dedicated and low priority nodes? cz i fill it with dedicated 3 and low priority 3. my credit free is 200$
First off: please don't use the free credits from trial accounts. You'll need a MSDN-subscription to do any reasonable mining.
My script includes a autotune-feature: if the VM is instantiated on a physical CPU where a lot of neighboring VMs are idle, the script can use the CPU's cache more intensively, resulting in a better hashrate. If you use a VM with many cores, your chances of having neighboring, idle VMs is less (since there are less cores for neighboring VMs available). That's why the F2-type works best (if you get different results, of course i'd love to hear more about it).

The difference between dedicated and low priority-nodes is that the low-priority-nodes are a lot cheaper (low-priority-nodes may be restarted by azure at any time, however, for our mining-application this does not matter).

Since you want to burn your 200$ as fast as possible (i assume you are using a trial account), you should create as many vms as possible. A pool with 10 low priority F2 VMs (20 cores) will consume about 150$ per month, so you'll need more than that. You'll probably have to request a quota increase from the azure-support.
dev1st

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 05:45:52 PM

First off: please don't use the free credits from trial accounts. You'll need a MSDN-subscription to do any reasonable mining.
My script includes a autotune-feature: if the VM is instantiated on a physical CPU where a lot of neighboring VMs are idle, the script can use the CPU's cache more intensively, resulting in a better hashrate. If you use a VM with many cores, your chances of having neighboring, idle VMs is less (since there are less cores for neighboring VMs available). That's why the F2-type works best (if you get different results, of course i'd love to hear more about it).

The difference between dedicated and low priority-nodes is that the low-priority-nodes are a lot cheaper (low-priority-nodes may be restarted by azure at any time, however, for our mining-application this does not matter).

Since you want to burn your 200$ as fast as possible (i assume you are using a trial account), you should create as many vms as possible. A pool with 10 low priority F2 VMs (20 cores) will consume about 150$ per month, so you'll need more than that. You'll probably have to request a quota increase from the azure-support.

whoaa i think free credit from trial beside MSDN-subs is the same way to do that.. but is still work?

ok ill try to set a 10 low priority

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2020, 05:54:14 PM

whoaa i think free credit from trial beside MSDN-subs is the same way to do that.. but is still work?

Yes, in principle it works the same. However, azure is very quick to ban people who are using the free credits from trial-accounts. Also, what will you do after the trial runs out? There's just no long term perspective.
What i mean to say is: Just having fun with a single trial account is probably OK. But if you find yourself planning to sign up for more and more trial-accounts just to abuse the free credits, you are going too far.
dev1st

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 07:06:37 PM

But if you find yourself planning to sign up for more and more trial-accounts just to abuse the free credits, you are going too far.

yes, i think thats the point. thanks dude
khiron

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 09:52:35 PM

XMRig v6.3.0 added support for Intel's cache allocation technology. So i think this is good thing. Do I need to do anything as someone using this script?

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2020, 10:03:19 AM

XMRig v6.3.0 added support for Intel's cache allocation technology. So i think this is good thing. Do I need to do anything as someone using this script?

Are you talking about this?
RandomX: added cache QoS support #1774
https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/pull/1774
XMRig v6.3.0 added new experimental feature (cache QoS)
https://www.reddit.com/r/MoneroMining/comments/hsscux/xmrig_v630_added_new_experimental_feature_cache/

I'm currently testing the new version. So far i could not see any significant change - I'll post here when i update the script for the new version. The change will be automatic, i.e. you won't have to do anything (but like i said, don't expect a higher hashrate).

khiron

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 05:32:07 PM

Yep. But nothing remarkable. Thanks for your interest.
juflo

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 12:31:07 PM

Low priority cores are deprecated, and will totally disappear soon.
Spot VMs will replace them, but are not available for batch ATM.
mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 10:42:49 AM

Low priority cores are deprecated, and will totally disappear soon.
Spot VMs will replace them, but are not available for batch ATM.

oh no! Will this script cease to exist when this happens?
mafia

View Profile
March 04, 2021, 11:40:14 AM

Since around two weeks the hashrate results (at supportxmr) are very unstable and have a much lower result overall (around 70% compared to before). Do others also experienced this? Is this due to something changed or wrong in the scripts? Or has Microsoft something changed on Azure (for Low Priority VM's)? Or maybe something is changed at SupportXMR?

Are others experiencing the same? Or someone have an explenation or fix?

I also got the same. I am only getting around 30% of the XMR I normally get. I suspect more people are mining Monero now
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
March 04, 2021, 02:42:55 PM

Anything cloud mining isn't genuine, if any still pays today the profit will be in pennies anyway, also there are scam cloud mining out there be careful, it's safer to spend the money on mining rigs and start making money yourself

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
mafia

View Profile
March 04, 2021, 02:56:08 PM

I get around 0.1 XMR using $50 Azure Credit. It adds up
ez2002

View Profile
March 04, 2021, 04:59:25 PM

I get around 0.1 XMR using $50 Azure Credit. It adds up

can you share your setup?
I can only get around 0.1 XMR using the $150 Azure credit.
mafia

View Profile
March 04, 2021, 05:29:31 PM

I use the instructions on the 1st post. However, I have a limit of 100 low priority cores and I use all my credit up in about 2/3 days. I remember I earned a lot less when I tried to make the credit stretch over 30 days (it was a while ago)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: