Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:00:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Electricity = Gimme your old rigs (Bay area, CA, USA)  (Read 304 times)
pjo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:39:02 PM

I have free electricity at my new place so I'm just wondering if anyone wants to part ways with their old rigs that are no longer energy efficient to mine with. I'd only buy if it's super cheap and local so don't expect much. I can get whole rigs or just the cards themselves. If interested, send me a message with your specs, price, and location. Let's see who responds! BTC
bovineplane

Activity: 153
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:30:18 PM

I have some cards I can part with.

2 x 7850 (powercolor)
2 x 7870 (sapphire)
2 x 7970 (XFX, sapphire)
Vega 56 reference

All currently mining. Pics/video can be provided.

I am not local but can ship via USPS and all cards located in the US. Can use escrow. Shoot me a PM if interested.

bovineplane

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 01:53:31 PM

You mean you're "stealing" electricity. No such thing as "free".

Not exactly true. My current work contract provides a small apartment and pays my electric without a cap. I have a single 110v 20 amp residential line I use for mining. Costs me nothing. Perhaps you could include the contract but my pay was not affected by the bills or rent as it is not considered part of my compensation. My pay does not decrease if I use alot of electricity.

OP could be in a similar situation. My contract is ending which is why I am willing to sell. Also why I used the older cards. Cheaper.
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:17:03 AM

I am in the same situation.  Please send me info on anything you're looking to part ways with.
bovineplane

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 07:15:37 AM

I posted my list earlier. Feel free to PM me if interested.
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:05:27 PM

You mean you're "stealing" electricity. No such thing as "free".
As what somebody else said, they could have a job that lists in the contract paid housing and expenses like electricity. Also, I've actually seen landlords trying to rent out residential properties with added bonuses such as free electricity or other utilities included. Obviously those may be capped to a certain amount, but free electricity does exist without having to steal it. Just somebody else has to pay for it Grin

I have 4x 3GB amd radeon sapphire r9 280x dual x that I could ship for $120 each, no extra shipping cost. They mined many years ago for a few months at good temperatures. Looks like a broken one is listed at $80 and pre owned ones are $148 + $15 shipping so $163.
pjo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:04:28 PM

Yea, I'm not actually stealing electricity. It's just a flat fee and is included in the monthly cost with no cap. I figured why not make the most out of it, right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: